Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by idpersona View Post
    All classes are very simplified and have many aspects taken from them. However Hunters [ think they ] are, by a COLOSSAL margin, the most dissatisfied DPS out of all the classes. The fact that two talents are better than others in the talent row just dont seem to make up for the huge disappointment!
    fixed that for you.

Every class think they are the one left behind... ret paly QQ rogue QQ hunter QQ BRM QQ Blood dk QQ shaman QQ etc... you're not special lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Syraen View Post
    sentinel? nice one
    Well you can go with Patient Sniper or any other that you fancy in that row. My preference is to trade the 'additional damage' and that fleeting moment to fit in a few hard cast aimed shots in exchange for mobility and peace of mind if I get CC'ed or can't afford to stay still.

It's a combination of extremely simplistic gameplay with a bunch of frustrating and terrible RNG. And that's using the talents (sidewinders + patient sniper) that make the spec feel 'wholesome.' Playing without those talents is a whole other level of terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Moving is hard when you can't cast while doing it.
    Bummer, welcome to the world of all other ranged classes. They still have instant shots they just can't channel this isn't nearly as big of a deal as it is being made out to be. This is also the case for all range specs this time around almost everybody lost or had their movement abilities gimped. With the exception being mythic + dungeons there isn't nearly as much movement or freequent movement in Legion so far.

- - - Updated - - -

What will be overwhelming is the amount of QQ for people still raiding when the pre Legion patch goes live and crit becomes a bad stat for MM and in an instant all the MM bis gear is junk.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I wasn't bitching about it, I was summarizing what everyone is whining about but nice to see you're paying attention, genius.

There does seem to be widespread dissatisfaction with the hunter class on beta right now, but there's still plenty of time to fix it. Post your issues in the class feedback thread; Blizzard definitely reads all of the feedback. They just changed Frost Mages based on all of the dissatisfaction with Frozen Orb.

Deleted
    So basically the problem is that the class is viable only when picking sidewinders/patient sniper?Because Explosive shot seems cool and artillery-like

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Which I think is a mistake on their part. It's fun to move around and dodge stuff while dpsing.
    Play a melee spec than...

Hunters just had it too good in WoD and might be paying the price to some degree moving forward. This will cull the flavor of the month players from their ranks and things will bounce back. You can't have extremely high mobility, offer every buff, have highly valuable defensive cd and be a top dps all at the same time and not lose something moving forward. When it really comes down to it they didn't really lose anything that other classes and specs aren't having taken from them either. All the hunter QQ is just another example of people crying the sky is falling after one drop of rain.

- - - Updated - - -

Which I think is a mistake on their part. It's fun to move around and dodge stuff while dpsing.
    Good news you still can, you just have to put a shred of thought into it and you can't just bounce around mindlessly. Of course if you were doing that now you would never have sniper training up so you shouldn't be moving too much. They can't channel and move that is it, they still have plenty of instant shots to fill in if and when they do need to move.

Deleted
    its fun how i make a post legitimately asking why MM hunters seem to be disliked atm and all i get an endless flame war

I don't think Hunters should even have much mobility. Their existence ruins the Melee VS Range dynamic. Ranged can avoid mechanics easily but is bad at constantly moving. Melee is the opposite. Hunters throw a big middle finger to that notion and ruin the entire idea. Every ranged class is losing mobility. Frost Mages can't get FoF as much and have lost Brain Freeze procs for example. This is not something that bothers me. It's just a bunch of people who have had such a great privileged given to them, and now they're crying that it's being taken away.

Personally I thought MM had some of the most boring animations (it barely has any, just bullets/arrows for every spell!) and the rotation felt like Whack A Mole. So I didn't like it that much. IMO.

Very interesting gameplay when you need to stay in place and casting 50% of the time only 1 button of your current rotation. So fresh vision of the spec, great mechanics, hyped!

No idea why people hate it so much, mb because they just can't handle changes...

Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    I don't think Hunters should even have much mobility.
    Please tell it to BM-spec, he is literaly shit on your opinion.
    Last edited by Freerunz; 2016-06-18 at 07:30 PM.

And stare at the bosses ass all day in a pile where I can't even see my own character, while getting benched every time there's a group of ranged adds? No thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know, I don't play hunter much but when they took KJC away from Warlocks it was really depressing to play mine. There's a difference between losing a CD and losing something that entirely changes the way you play and just makes you feel a lot weaker. Bouncing around mindlessly, as you call it, makes the game a lot more active and fun than playing as a turret focused on keeping yourself 6/8/10 yards away from other chars (or whatever the current fight demands).
    You certainly don't play MM. Because they are punished for moving for more the 3 seconds and then staying still now. Gotta love when people come in and toss in why they think a change is bad having no idea how the class will work or currently works. Talk about adding to the thread.

For some reason, the curator of the chart left out Marked Shot. Would be good if it also included how it was recorded and under what circumstances (high movement fight or tank and spank)

Quote Originally Posted by idpersona View Post
    what are the other problems that make people criticism MM that much?
    no burst, reduced target switching, reduced health regen (two regen glyphs gone), seriously reduced defensive cd, two traps eliminated, no raid utilities

can't quite see why you will bring it on raid unless the raw output numbers are very good
    Last edited by silverstarzs; 2016-06-18 at 08:19 PM.

Spamming AS/MS for 30 seconds, waiting for that one Marked Shot proc once in a blue moon, sucks. With Patient Sniper AimS doesn't do shit outside of the 6s Vulnerability window, without Patient Sniper you'd be forced to use Explosive Shot or Sentinel (Sentinel being useless as fuck and Explosive Shot being stupid as fuck)... For aoe situations it's even worse since you're basically spamming Multi Shot all day, again, waiting for that one Marked Shot proc - because, again, again, Aimed Shot doesn't do jackshit unless you pick Trick Shot. And ooooh boy is this spec stupid without Sidewinders. But don't confuse this with Sidewinders actually making this a fun spec to play, nope. Because Sidewinders bring up the BM dilemma of huge ass downtimes (and there's nothing more awesome than having to waste Sidewinder after Sidewinder without Marked Shot proc).
    Btw, it's also kinda super annoying that without specing into Sidewinders you're spending 80% of your time building up focus with 0 dmg spells just to spend all of it in 2 globals again.

There's really nothing good about MM. MM feels so clunky and boring... that I actually prefer BM over it.

Because MM is now a caster. No more mobility.

Better play a fun caster class instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    A lot of people just can't handle change.
    I love change. Hence my accepting Survival-melee with open arms and enjoying it quite a bit.

BM spec on the other hand, I feel it is a big swing-and-a-miss. Too much emphasis on random creatures, not enough control over focus regen (along with a pretty half-assed explanation as to why) and we get this new Artifact wolf shoved down our throats as our 2nd active pet when I'd prefer one of MY pets. Stampede is ruined (seriously, they may as well delete it), Cobra shot feels awful as an instant and sounds like a wet towel flopping around, we lost a ton of utility like traps, the single-target rotation has almost no depth and the talents which could improve that cannibalize each other (Dire Frenzy competing with Chimera Shot as an example). Oh, and one of the most iconic things about BM - the big red pet when under Bestial Wrath's effect - is now a big orange glow-in-the-dark target. Go figure.

Go to the alpha/beta forums, the BM feedback has been overwhelmingly negative for a reason.

Its Blizzard's game and they've every right to make it the way they want, but I won't be playing BM in Legion. And that's a shame because its been my preferred hunter spec for over a decade.

Edit: I'm blind, didn't see that this was a MM-specific topic until now. My apologies.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2016-06-18 at 11:35 PM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

I pvp so movement is kind of required. Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.

Go ahead and infract me. This guy sucks.
    So you pick SV or BM. MM is currently designed around not moving frequently, not a complicated thing to understand.

MM just feels incredibly bland in Legion. Nothing about the spec feels impactful to me. In fact it's laughable compared to HFC MM. The excitement of chimera cleaves and sniping adds with kill shot is gone. Now you press a button when it lights up and then cast some aimed shots. And you can also shoot snakes now because fuck it why not?