Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Its content that is keeping people playing. There is no legit or logical reason to nerf any of it. Does not matter how old it is, the little gold from it was enough for some (Like me) to keep there sub rolling.

To me WoW is NOT worth $15 a month but I don't mind soloing these old raids collecting loot to fund my sub. It isn't like the raids rained gold ether. At most you made 8k a week in cata raids. Now that is going to be cut down to 5k at best.

But hey fine want to nerf gold gains go for it and when people like myself are not able to fund there sub via gold and leave don't ask why.

Also some (Like myself) just find the content fun to do.
    Oh hey look at your logic here (which is pathetic), Less to no effort and skill required= Good rewards. Makes PERFECT sense. If you want to pay your sub with gold, maybe farm for a day straight close to after launch and sell all your mats. You will make enough gold to fund your sub for months on end easily just like every expansion outside of WoD when mats were hundreds of gold for every 20-50 of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    If you're spending one week to get 100k out of raids, you're far better off working a fraction of that time and selling tokens.
    So in short, you're doing it wrong.
    Or maybe they rather pay for WoW with gold and not RL cash.

WoW to me is not worth $15 a month no matter how easy the $15 is. But Ill be more then happy to do things ingame that I enjoy to make that gold for the token.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gdcotton View Post
    Oh hey look at your logic here (which is pathetic), Less to no effort and skill required= Good rewards. Makes PERFECT sense. If you want to pay your sub with gold, maybe farm for a day straight close to after launch and sell all your mats. You will make enough gold to fund your sub for months on end easily just like every expansion outside of WoD when mats were hundreds of gold for every 20-50 of them.
    How the fuck is 7.2k a week for about a 1 hour work considered good rewards?

All you want to do is insult and tell others how they should play. I bet if blizzard nerfed something you enjoyed doing you would bitch about it. But since this doesn't matter to you then you can just throw out insults and shit.

Got to love the WoW community, Always so ready to tell others how to play and then bitch when there play gets effected.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-06-18 at 09:44 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

WoW to me is not worth $15 a month no matter how easy the $15 is. But Ill be more then happy to do things ingame that I enjoy to make that gold for the token.

- - - Updated - - -

All you want to do is insult and tell others how they should play. I bet if blizzard nerfed something you enjoyed doing you would bitch about it. But since this doesn't matter to you then you can just throw out insults and shit.

Got to love the WoW community, Always so ready to tell others how to play and then bitch when there play gets effected.
    If you love old raids that much, then the reward for doing them shouldn't matter. However, I can clear all cata raids on a toon in about 2 hours give or take. Unless you're doing it on like 5+ toons then it isn't that big of a deal time wise when it saves $15 out of your pocket that you don't want to pay. Blizzard's point is to make newer content more relevant. Yes you shouldn't be able to go and run all old shit and make thousand upon thousands of gold when no skill and not a lot of a time sink is required unless you're doing it at an almost unhealthy amount.

Then again by your wording, you make it seem like your farming old raids just to pay a sub just so you can farm old raids which is silly as hell truthfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Gdcotton View Post
    If you love old raids that much, then the reward for doing them shouldn't matter. However, I can clear all cata raids on a toon in about 2 hours give or take. Unless you're doing it on like 5+ toons then it isn't that big of a deal time wise when it saves $15 out of your pocket that you don't want to pay. Blizzard's point is to make newer content more relevant. Yes you shouldn't be able to go and run all old shit and make thousand upon thousands of gold when no skill and not a lot of a time sink is required unless you're doing it at an almost unhealthy amount.

Then again by your wording, you make it seem like your farming old raids just to pay a sub just so you can farm old raids which is silly as hell truthfully.
    Farming them for the old and the mounts I still need. All they are doing is giving me one less reason to do them. But hey if they want to make content useless go for it. Just because someone spends 2hours a week to do cata raids doesn't mean they are not doing the new content as well.

This is a pointless nerf and has no logic or reason behind it. All it does is make those who mainly farm old raids for gold (To do whatever with) much harder.

I do farm them to fund my sub, I also do other shit ingame as well. You act like the only thing I do is cata raids and then log off.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

you can farm pandaria now.... for a lot of gold.

Farming cata raids is mindlessly boring...
    Good thing they are nerfing the gold cause I'm too weak to stop doing it by myself.

Farming them for the old and the mounts I still need. All they are doing is giving me one less reason to do them. But hey if they want to make content useless go for it. Just because someone spends 2hours a week to do cata raids doesn't mean they are not doing the new content as well.

This is a pointless nerf and has no logic or reason behind it. All it does is make those who mainly farm old raids for gold (To do whatever with) much harder.

I do farm them to fund my sub, I also do other shit ingame as well. You act like the only thing I do is cata raids and then log off.
    You said 7.2k for 1hour a week wasn't a good reward. That sounds like a pretty amazing award in game wise. There are hundreds of ways to get gold in game. If a little less from old raids is that big of a deal to you then wow.

Also genius the nerf isn't pointless and does have logic. There is an enourmesly high amount of inflation in the game, and if they can cut it down atall with reducing your gold intake from older raids by a small percentage than oh well. It shouldn't hurt you that much at all.

I get that but at some point it just becomes a massive waste of your time. Like... monumental waste.

Deleted
    not sure if someone said it already, but does this apply in prepatch already?

if so, that means we need to open salvage crates before prepatch, because follower upgrades are worth nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    I get that but at some point it just becomes a massive waste of your time. Like... monumental waste.
    Quite true but that can be said about gaming overall. As someone with a massive amount of time each week I don't mind wasting some of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kanjuurou View Post
    not sure if someone said it already, but does this apply in prepatch already?

if so, that means we need to open salvage crates before prepatch, because follower upgrades are worth nothing?
    I do believe blizzard said they won't mess with crates made before pre-patch. Etherway the night before I am opening mine.

Deleted
    they wont mess with crate drops, and these upgrades still drop...theyre just worthless, too much risk i guess

7.2k per for (average) 1hr spent is actually really high considering its pretty consistent depending on how many capable alts you have. There's not really anything else in the game that realistically yields this much per hour without a huge luck factor in the equation. Obviously farming cata raids, you're limited by how many capable alts you have, but for those with server cap (11 currently) capable alts, they are bringing in nearly 80k gold a WEEK per server per account. As others have stated, caged pet flipping makes it decently easy to move gold between servers as well, thus making the limitations (11 alts per server) a lot less restrictive. If someone has the drive to do this many cata raids per week and every week, they are be making over 300k per month just from 1 server of 11 characters.

When you break down the $15 versus ~45-50k gold argument, you mean to tell me that if you do actually have the money (some don't so gold farming this method is well worth it to them) nearly 7 hours of your time a month is better than spending $15? At the current rate, that's how long it would on average take you to farm 50k gold over a months time to buy a token. Not sure about you but I value my time a lot higher than that if I currently have the money, again, understandable if you don't actually have the money or money is really really tight for you (which is completely fine, so farming cata raids for tokens is 100% worth it).

Not turning this into a money management argument but you just keep whining that the game isn't worth $15 a month to you, but you are currently spending around 7 hours a month to make your token gold, which is a very poor ratio in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by noladrew View Post
    Not turning this into a money management argument but you just keep whining that the game isn't worth $15 a month to you, but you are currently spending around 7 hours a month to make your token gold, which is a very poor ratio in my opinion.
    It may be the whole mind of matter thing I guess.

If I give blizzard $15 I know that's $15 out of my wallet. But I don't mind doing the cata heroics because I am already playing and doing other shit. As it stands I make more gold doing a few other things but it doesn't change the fact this nerf annoys me.

To be honest there is only two MMO's I feel is worth a sub and WoW isn't one of them. If blizzard improves in content rate and quality ill consider not caring.

Also I got a mass amount of free time soo that helps.

It may be the whole mind of matter thing I guess.

If I give blizzard $15 I know that's $15 out of my wallet. But I don't mind doing the cata heroics because I am already playing and doing other shit. As it stands I make more gold doing a few other things but it doesn't change the fact this nerf annoys me.

To be honest there is only two MMO's I feel is worth a sub and WoW isn't one of them. If blizzard improves in content rate and quality ill consider not caring.

Also I got a mass amount of free time soo that helps.
    Having the free time makes it more worth it, but even at the rate of the nerfs, it will still be one of the most lucrative ways to spend your time per set of 4 raids. After the initial surge of high prices at Legion launch obviously. 5000g in liquid gold for an hour spent is still really really good in comparison to other things that can be done. I just think people have gotten far too spoiled from netting around 30k gold per month per 100 with a decent garrison.

Quote Originally Posted by thebdc View Post
    So which one is it? 2 or 3 hours, or nothing? 10k for 2-3 hours is abysmal. Token in EU is over 80k gold and costs 20 €. So you'd spend 2-3 hours to make 2.5 €. Sitting in a shopping street and begging for money would be more effective.
    Considering most stable gold farms net you 5k an hour I would say 10k a week for facerolling Cata raids is pretty damn good.

We have know of these nerfs for months now. And why would they reward someone to stay in old content?

Deleted
    Odd to see people now complain about the gold nerfs when months ago people claimed garrisons generated too much gold, gold was too easy to get now, devaluation of gold and lets not forgot the horrible facebook game garrisons were in the first place.

God, salty whiners will always find vinegar to drink from.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Considering most stable gold farms net you 5k an hour I would say 10k a week for facerolling Cata raids is pretty damn good.
    I didn't mean to say that there are better reliable ways to make gold. But that farming Cata raids is better than other methods doesn't make it good (as in gold per time spent compared to buying and selling tokens).

Deleted
    Cata raids aren't most lucridious source of income but they are quite stable source as previously said here. Also remember that even with garrison shenigans most people still never broke 100k.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiarno View Post
    Odd to see people now complain about the gold nerfs when months ago people claimed garrisons generated too much gold, gold was too easy to get now, devaluation of gold and lets not forgot the horrible facebook game garrisons were in the first place.

God, salty whiners will always find vinegar to drink from.
    Because it wouldn't be a new expansion without pointless bitching and idle threats from people who will fall in line like obedient children anyway.