10+ Year Old Account
    Tbqh, I've never minded cash shops. I've always considered my monthly fee (for this and WoW) as simply a fee to log into the game, because that's what it is. The fee makes it so you can log in, it doesn't guarantee you anything or promise anything other than the ability to log in, get your character and run it around in the world they created. The character's are technically theirs, the fee is a pass to use them. If a game didn't have content I wanted to play (ranging from social to solo things), I simply didn't pay the fee to be let in for the next month. I'd pay the same amount regardless of the amount of content (AS LONG AS IT'S ENJOYABLE) put in as shown by WoW and paying for MONTHS simply to use it as chat service prior to the mobile AH and such.

So... I mean for me, anything that I have to pay for OTHER than the ability to log in is optional, and if it was put in for free as extra content, it wouldn't make me play any more or less unless it was something that was AMAZING, which tbqh cash shop things generally aren't.

For the reason above, I don't feel that the cash shop hurts my game play. I would play the same way and pay the same money if it didn't exist, and I probably wouldn't play anymore than I already do if they made everything in the cash shop content related instead of pay related.
    Last edited by Tazila; 2016-06-18 at 12:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Ofc not. But look at it this way:

What would be preferable to the player:
    - using DEV time to create a cash shop mount to sell for $$$ (whether that money gets reinvested into the game or funneled into other projects is anyones guess)
    - using that DEV time to create sth that adds to the actual gameplay, including unique rewards that are granted by playing, not by paying.

Take Yunas equipment for instance: What would be better? Yunas EQ in the cash shop or a FF-X crossover event that rewards the outfit?
    The one adds gameplay. The other is merely a quick cashgrab.
    Whilst I would rather have an ingame event to earn it I also don't mind buying the gear if I really want it. I only see it as a cashgrab if it were to go down the same path as WoW where they add crap to buy on the cash store but have not added any new content to the game for ages with nothing new in sight for months either.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Ofc there might be some overlap if the artist has nothing to do because he waits for other departments, but I doubt it. Just look at WoW: what always turns out to be the bottle neck in terms of manpower?

Art designers.
    True but at the same time that development team seems to be a massive mess. They waste so much time making something and then scrap it such as the faction hubs in WoD. So much wasted art. They also aren't good at reusing old art assets to create new stuff like they used to back in Cata and before.

Though I agree with you. I really wish they stayed with the whole events stuff were it was available for a limited time and then later added to the cash shop. It was a nice solution.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasriel View Post
    I only see it as a cashgrab if it were to go down the same path as WoW where they add crap to buy on the cash store but have not added any new content to the game for ages with nothing new in sight for months either.
    Yeah, to the cynic in me, WoD seemed to be a testbed about exactly how little they need to add before the community gets pissed.

Either that, or there was some fuckup of epic proportions at Blizz-HQ.

Sick of getting undercut every 10 seconds on Large Levin Orbs and Garlond Steel

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Sick of getting undercut every 10 seconds on Large Levin Orbs and Garlond Steel
    Heheh. I only check prices once per session.

Though constant undercutting is what you get if you sell stuff that has not yet reached equilibrium.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasriel View Post
    But it's not double dipping. YOU DON'T HAVE TO BUY THE ITEMS.
    It is most certainly double dipping. Yeah you're not forced to buy the items, but if you want to use them you're forced to buy a sub so that you can actually access them.

I understand what you're saying, but pretending that isn't some kind of blatant cash grab is just being ignorant. Like you, I don't mind it, because the options are completely optional, but it is 100% a double dipping cash grab.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    I have my story class mech -- played ninja to max, got all the gear except the relic weapons. Do I have to complete my relic weapon before Heavensward questing?
    No Relic is a completely separate thing, nothing to do with MSQ (Main Story Quests).

Just need to complete all the main story quests (the ones with the flame over them) from 2.0 before you get access to Heavensward.

10+ Year Old Account
    SE, give me clothing physics like these https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63jXw514qtk
    kthx
    and yes I've tested it enough to figure it's physics and not just animation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else here not get their fanfest email? Seems alot of players never got one

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Anyone else here not get their fanfest email? Seems alot of players never got one
    I'll be buying a digital ticket anyway but oddly no I haven't. Like Blitzo said just contact support.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    You can contact still support if you think you're eligible -- they made a post about it.
    Oh I KNOW I am and have but closed

FF14 gets out a decent amount of content in a decent time, I doubt having staff focus on optional cosmetic items, or making older event only items available for purchase, hurts that development.

I think the one time we had a longer than average gap was after heavensward launched and even then we we were the team wanted a bit of a holiday and to expect it.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Little rant here. Dear Black Mages who are 60 and geared and don't use enochian and your 4th grade spells and spam 3rd and 1st grade ones. You make me embarrassed to play a black mage. I don't give a fuck if its your account you are playing with other people in endgame content play your damn class properly! End of rant.

Little rant here. Dear Black Mages who are 60 and geared and don't use enochian and your 4th grade spells and spam 3rd and 1st grade ones. You make me embarrassed to play a black mage. I don't give a fuck if its your account you are playing with other people in endgame content play your damn class properly! End of rant.
    Wow. Just find a damn group that plays as good as you. Let the other Black Mages do whatever the hell they like. Are you an WoW player? Because wow players usually get pissed with others playing the game they way they find enjoyable. Salty af.

Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    Wow. Just find a damn group that plays as good as you. Let the other Black Mages do whatever the hell they like. Are you an WoW player? Because wow players usually get pissed with others playing the game they way they find enjoyable. Salty af.
    No I get pissed at those not performing in endgame content expecting their ass to be carried and causing a wipe on dps checks. BTW I DO NOT use ACT I keep a small eye on the party window and did not see Enochian up once on a 227 geared Black Mage and after I asked him to start using it he went with the whole "my account I'll play how I want". Stop with the whole "my account I'll do what I want crap" because this was in A5S that we had this issue not something like Weeping City.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-06-19 at 05:30 PM.

No I get pissed at those not performing in endgame content expecting their ass to be carried and causing a wipe on dps checks. BTW I DO NOT use ACT. Stop with the whole "my account I'll do what I want crap" because this was in A5S that we had this issue not something like Weeping City.
    As I said, find a dedicated group if you are that good. And A5S means nothing, a 5 year old could join it by being boosted in A5-A8 by the rest of the group, spamming Fire I. That's all it takes to unlock A5S. Now if this was A8S that would be a different story.

As I said, find a dedicated group if you are that good. And A5S means nothing, a 5 year old could join it by being boosted in A5-A8 by the rest of the group, spamming Fire I. That's all it takes to unlock A5S. Now if this was A8S that would be a different story.
    It's savage raiding. You are expected to play your class to the best you can. "my account ill play how I want" is not a valid argument for not using your big buffs/spells as your class.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Icaras View Post
    FF14 gets out a decent amount of content in a decent time, I doubt having staff focus on optional cosmetic items, or making older event only items available for purchase, hurts that development.

I think the one time we had a longer than average gap was after heavensward launched and even then we we were the team wanted a bit of a holiday and to expect it.
    Also on this. Tbh after an xpac just releases it's fair if the devs wanna have a month or 2 longer between patches. I mean they just released a huge expansion.

It's savage raiding. You are expected to play your class to the best you can. "my account ill play how I want" is not a valid argument for not using your big buffs/spells as your class.
    If you consider A5S savage raiding we better drop it :P Especially since you expect people who they might as well be raiding savage for the first time to be pros at their class. I have raided during 3.2 also, you know what I did? I found a static, I didn't hop around party finder 'farm'-wannabe groups and then vent off my rage on mmo-champ about that random Black mage I encountered who didn't know his/her rotation on the easiest savage boss of the Midas bosses.

If you consider A5S savage raiding we better drop it :P Especially since you expect people who they might as well be raiding savage for the first time to be pros at their class. I have raided during 3.2 also, you know what I did? I found a static, I didn't hop around party finder 'farm'-wannabe groups and then vent off my rage on mmo-champ about that random Black mage I encountered who didn't know his/her rotation on the easiest savage boss of the Midas bosses.
    I don't expect them to be like Elysium or anything. Just for them to know what their major friggin buffs/spells are dude. I just don't see an excuse for not using Enochian, Blood of the Dragon or other stuff for example. Also I consider all wings of Midas Savage a Savage raid. Kind of written in the title.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-06-19 at 05:48 PM.