Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    How many "WoW more realistic and edgy would be so cool lol xD" posts do we need...realism isn't about graphics, it's about art style and by creating games that aren't realistic Blizzard displays a high level of imagination and creativity, compared to all the "look we've got dudes with realistic hairy arms" developers.

Also WoW's art style isn't even that saturated, it has pretty normal colour schemes with some brighter areas but I really don't see any serious saturation. If you want saturated take a look at Wildstar and similar games that have come out lately, now that's some ugly saturation.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I hope you are sarcastic because Blizzard does not have infinite resources. >.>
    Sarcasm...on the internet? Surely you're out of your mind.

Looks shitty as fuck. If you want gritty go play The Witcher.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulthar View Post
    more realistic looking wow ... http://imgur.com/a/EreT7
    Why not post the video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlNAJJtCfpI

Check the rest of the videos in the channel, They look so good.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    If you want gritty go play The Witcher.
    Actually wow with Witcher 3 visuals would be pretty insane

Decent FPS in a 25m raid is not achievable for a significant portion if not possibly a majority of players already.
    Let alone with the increased requirements that would likely come with the graphical updates.
    I think overall performance is where the effort should be, rather than prettying up a slideshow.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I don't understand why people want realistic graphics in a game that is not that kind of design? WoW is designed around being cartoonish not realistic. Go play a AAA game or better looking game problem solved.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalien View Post
    It's always frustrated me that WoW has the potential to be graphically a lot more impressive than it is at face value. Most people just can't see past its sylised cartoony art direction, and as much as I appreciate the huge amount of work that goes into WoW's art assets, I personally prefer a much more realistic and gritty experience.

So I've been messing around with shader injection, and with a few tweaks and a 75% reduction in colour saturation WoW really can look a lot more realistic:

Default Goldshire:

I'm loving the darker, grittier feel. Less Hobbiton and more Westeros!

I think I have a different definition of realistic than you.

I don't get why people have such a hard on for realism in video games at all. Given the tools that are available to artists at this moment, why would you not want something imaginative and interesting? Reality is boring enough, and it's implementation into video games is never real enough to be convincing. It's always dumb, clunky and downright ridiculous. dayZ is a good example of this. Probably one of the most unintentionally hilarious games out there at the moment, simply because the attempts at realism just end up being uncanny and exposed as silly attempts that completely miss the mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Snivena View Post
    I don't get why people have such a hard on for realism in video games at all. Given the tools that are available to artists at this moment, why would you not want something imaginative and interesting? Reality is boring enough, and it's implementation into video games is never real enough to be convincing. It's always dumb, clunky and downright ridiculous. dayZ is a good example of this. Probably one of the most unintentionally hilarious games out there at the moment, simply because the attempts at realism just end up being uncanny and exposed as silly attempts that completely miss the mark.
    Realism is fine in games where it makes sense. WoW isn't a game designed with realistic graphics in mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Holy shit, I have no words for how freaking toxic this thread got.
    OP hasn't posted in ages and comes back wanting to show something and this is the response?

Depressing.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2016-06-19 at 02:24 AM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulthar View Post
    more realistic looking wow ... http://imgur.com/a/EreT7
    Baldurs Gate? maybe but that shit doesnt look like wow at all....

Not my cup of tea. I guess I'm just to used to wow looking the way it does. I'd prefer to go play a heavily modded skyrim for a realistic looking game.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    OP hasn't posted in ages and comes back wanting to show something and this is the response?

Depressing.

How dare people have a different opinion.... What scumbags....

Whats depressing is people can't handle any criticism anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post

Depressing.
    So we should all just praise the idea like sheep instead of having our own opinion yeah?

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    That doesn't do a damn thing to make it more realistic bro, just made it darker...

So-called realistic graphics gets old way too fast. Even recent MMOs like BDO already started ageing, and not in a good way, especially environment. Stylised graphics ages much and much slower and better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    So we should all just praise the idea like sheep instead of having our own opinion yeah?
    We must placate him so he feels like the prophet of the gaming industry!

Ok that might be a bit mean.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Eh, it looks nice as a sort of artsy screen-shots-around-Azeroth kind of thing, but I prefer the current graphical style for live play.

And if you want a game to look a bit grittier, you may want to enable colourblind mode and play w/ its strength. Protanopia mode w/ ~50% strength may give you desired effect.