Quote Originally Posted by Snuke View Post
    I'm a gamer who still has his Atari, NES, Genesis, SNES, N64, Sega Dreamcast, Gamecube, PS, PS2, PS3, XBox, PS4, Wii, Game Gear, various gameboys(including monochromatic) and PC's going back to my 286... They all work perfectly.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes... Which will likely cost that company much money as its cheaper for them to buy the billions of bootlegs that flood their market.
    If you like the Dory movie better than Warcraft that is absolutely fair and subjective.

I for one do not like Ellen DeGeneres but I found the movie alright, the squid, beluga saved it for me.

Still preferred Nemo and the first one btw.
    Last edited by daywalker02; 2016-06-19 at 02:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i dont know.

i know its kind of hard to step back and remember the way things were before marvel. but if you went up to someone 10 years ago, and told them you'd get to see batman kick the shit out of superman in a movie. they'd lose their shit.

this was something everybody wanted, and nobody ever thought we'd get.

batman and superman are just as engrained in the public pop culture as star wars is.

man of steel also hurt the movie though. had man of steel never been made, id bet the movie wouldve made even more as man of steel caused a stigma towards dc in the first place.

I don't even like comics or the movies. I like marvel and all but I only saw avengers and iron man 1/3 and winter soldier in theaters.

When I heard of BvS ...the hype was real. I mean, I don't recall actually NEEDING to see a movie besides Star Wars 7 in many moons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by daywalker02 View Post
    This is Warcraft we are talking about and the Lore is this rich!
    you forgot the /s otherwise I have to assume you are as high as Donald Trump

Deleted
    Which is putting it mildly when it comes to the physical actors on film in this movie.
    Controversial statement I find, but I personally agree, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcotraz View Post
    True, that. If they'd done a proper Dark Knight Returns adaptation & just teased the BvS at the end, maybe, but nope. Had to parody the shit out of it instead.

Such a shame, we'll never get to see Mark "The Joker" Hamill against Ben "Batman" Affleck now
    At least I have a ticket to see The Killing Joke in the theater next month. Dead center for 2 of the best Batman and Joker actors to ever lend their VO talents to the roles.

Warcraft should be passing prince of persia to become the highest grossing video game movie ever soon (might have already, but the site hasn't updated yet).

Controversial statement I find, but I personally agree, yeah.

Only for those trying to conflate this shit storm into something more than what it was, a highly disappointing attempt at making a Warcraft movie.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    Warcraft should be passing prince of persia to become the highest grossing video game movie ever soon (might have already, but the site hasn't updated yet).
    Well that bar was certainly set high... BvS made more than half of Warcraft's total box office in 3 days just in the US. And Warcraft has been out for how long again? That's right, going on a month.

Deleted
    They didn't fail to secure a solid release, they failed to secure solid returns after the release. BvS did pretty damn good when it was released.
    They secured massive levels of pre-release hype, ergo massive levels of pre-release tickets - that's not a solid release, that's just overhyping the shit out of something, & then failing to deliver (see - AAA Video Games circa 2015).

- - - Updated - - -

At least I have a ticket to see The Killing Joke in the theater next month. Dead center for 2 of the best Batman and Joker actors to ever lend their VO talents to the roles.
    No shit? You lucky bastard I have to wait for the disc

But yeah, so glad Conroy & Hamill agreed to come back for one last outing together

They secured massive levels of pre-release hype, that's not a solid release, that's just overhyping the shit out of something, & then failing to deliver (see - AAA Video Games circa 2015).

- - - Updated - - -

No shit? You lucky bastard I have to wait for the disc
    Heh, only 1 theater in my area showing it and it has reserved seating. I'm so hyped I can't even describe it. And the pre-release hype is exactly how you secure a solid release. Warcraft failed to penetrate to more than fans of the game itself with that hype as the only people who saw any quality marketing were watching shitty versions off of people's cellphones from various conventions that were aimed at, you guessed it, the people who were already going to see the fucking movie.

Well that bar was certainly set high... BvS made more than half of Warcraft's total box office in 3 days just in the US. And Warcraft has been out for how long again? That's right, going on a month.
    I was just putting it out there, not saying it's anything great. Also, warcraft has only been out for 10 days in it's biggest market.

If you like the Dory movie better than Warcraft that is absolutely fair and subjective.

I for one do not like Ellen DeGeneres but I found the movie alright, the squid, beluga saved it for me.

Still preferred Nemo and the first one btw.
    I'm not saying it's better than Finding Nemo, just better than Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    you forgot the /s otherwise I have to assume you are as high as Donald Trump
    thanks I guess, nobody wants to be mentioned in a sentence with Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    I was just putting it out there, not saying it's anything great. Also, warcraft has only been out for 10 days in it's biggest market.

Only 10 days in its biggest market and it still likely won't make as much as BvS made in its biggest market... kinda sad.

- - - Updated - - -

thanks I guess, nobody wants to be mentioned in a sentence with Trump.

IDK, I wouldn't mind if I was mentioned in the same sentence so long as it was as the guy who ended his presidential run.

I'm not saying it's better than Finding Nemo, just better than Warcraft.
    That is entirely your subjective opinion which is fine. I prefer Fel energy and orcs to overmilking of Dory's memory condition.

Just saw it finally today. As a fan I fucking loved it...but as a movie I can see why people are shitting on it. There were quite a few things that annoyed me with how things ended up happening too. Overall the end was a complete mess and all over the place. If I wasn't a fan of the universe I probably would sit here and say how much I think it sucked, but since I'm a huge fan of the universe I loved it. However, after seeing it I'm not surprised it's not doing that well in theaters.

Deleted
    Heh, only 1 theater in my area showing it and it has reserved seating. I'm so hyped I can't even describe it. And the pre-release hype is exactly how you secure a solid release. Warcraft failed to penetrate to more than fans of the game itself with that hype as the only people who saw any quality marketing were watching shitty versions off of people's cellphones from various conventions that were aimed at, you guessed it, the people who were already going to see the fucking movie.
    Good point about Warcraft's marketing, though. Aside from a ridiculous amount of TV Spots which seem to have done very little, the core marketing was a little too.... targeted? Not to mention how it was also very bad - Sci-Fi dubstep music? Weird colour-drained posters? It's like nobody ever marketed Game of Thrones or Lord of the Rings, ffs.

Whoa there, your idea would have created a movie that appealed to the masses but not Metzen. No way that would have ever happened as his head is too far up Thrall's ass.
    P.S. I like this guy

Though, I'm not convinced on the Director's Cut getting canned entirely. If they do actually do a sequel, it would be a great way to double-dip in about a year or two in order to hype up the sequel, even with a China-focused sequel.

What do you think of Ubisoft's ridiculous "let's overuse the Animus, even though everyone's been telling us for over a decade how much they hate the fucking Animus portion of Ass Crack"? IMO it's going to tank the movie. They should have saved it for a Post-Credits Scene & done the Animus thing in a sequel, making this a purely periodic thing.
    Last edited by mmoc34c31092a9; 2016-06-19 at 02:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    didnt they already announce that warcraft had the biggest pay per view license sale of all time in china or something?
    http://variety.com/2016/digital/asia...na-1201795617/

Video-on-demand rights to Legendary Entertainment’s “Warcraft” have sold for a record figure in China where the film has been a smash hit.

The rights were licensed to streaming video platform PPTV for a sum in excess of $18 million (RMB120 million). The figure is believed to be more than double the previous highest license fee in China for a single, imported film.
    THIS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only 10 days in its biggest market and it still likely won't make as much as BvS made in its biggest market... kinda sad.
    What a terrible comparison. Warcraft is fairly unknown for the masses, they may have heard it in passing at best. It is a fantasy video game adaptation, it is surrounded by stigmas. Add in negative American critics they essentially shot the thing in the face before it was out of the gate.

Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    What a terrible comparison. Warcraft is fairly unknown for the masses, they may have heard it in passing at best. It is a fantasy video game adaptation, it is surrounded by stigmas. Add in negative American critics they essentially shot the thing in the face before it was out of the gate.
    True that. The video game adaptation market has not been really opened for the general masses. Angry Birds and Prince of Persia were the standard (around 336 million at BO)

I think Warcraft at least has rid a portion of the stigmas and has hopefully paved a way for titles like Michael Fassbender's Assassin's Creed.

- - - Updated - - -

Good point about Warcraft's marketing, though. Aside from a ridiculous amount of TV Spots which seem to have done very little, the core marketing was a little too.... targeted? Not to mention how it was also very bad - Sci-Fi dubstep music? Weird colour-drained posters? It's like nobody ever marketed Game of Thrones or Lord of the Rings, ffs.

P.S. I like this guy

Though, I'm not convinced on the Director's Cut getting canned entirely. If they do actually do a sequel, it would be a great way to double-dip in about a year or two in order to hype up the sequel, even with a China-focused sequel.

What do you think of Ubisoft's ridiculous "let's overuse the Animus, even though everyone's been telling us for over a decade how much they hate the fucking Animus portion of Ass Crack"? IMO it's going to tank the movie. They should have saved it for a Post-Credits Scene & done the Animus thing in a sequel, making this a purely periodic thing.
    Maybe a slimmed down Director's Cut and more material for a potential sequel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sinthori View Post
    Japan isn't that interested, sadly
    Are there any reservation numbers for the opening night yet?