Exclamation Creating an MMO - Need helpers

Hello all. I've been working on an mmo for a while now, and I need support from other people. I want this to be a huge project, and I need all the help I can get. If you're interested, and want to help at any cost, feel free to message me how you can help be a part of it. It would be great to have 10 or more people working on it. I know there are many people out there with ideas, and possibly even the skills, knowledge, and money to help make it reality.
    So if you've ever wanted to be a part of something, and not sure where to start, here would be your best chance (unless of course you produce a game entirely yourself and market it perfectly, go to college get a degree and join a company).
    I need amateurs, and professionals. People with great imagination, and technical skill.

My main ideas

- I want a vast mmo. Meaning I need a lot to be illustrated, programmed, and implemented.
    - I need as many ideas as possible thrown in with my own, a team of thinkers.
    - I need a team of programmers, modelers, animators, and so on.
    - I need a money management/marketing team. Or just one person who is an expert.

I'll go into more detail as we come together. I already have tons of ideas written down, plus a map still in development.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you rich?
    If not, this doesn't seam feasible.

Quote Originally Posted by Pipboi View Post
    Are you rich?
    You don't need to be rich. Especially if everyone is working on it and chipping in money. We could also market it and gain investors.
    There are ways around problems. You can't just say you're doomed from the start, and just give up. If everyone thought that way, no one
    would have changed the world. There would have never been an Andrew Carnegie, or Rockefeller, or Gates. People have to work for the prize.
    You don't need to start out rich to make something reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    So basically, what you're saying is that you need everything?

Quote Originally Posted by MagtheMan View Post
    You don't need to be rich. Especially if everyone is working on it and chipping in money. We could also market it and gain investors.
    There are ways around problems. You can't just say you're doomed from the start, and just give up. If everyone thought that way, no one
    would have changed the world. There would have never been an Andrew Carnegie, or Rockefeller, or Gates. People have to work for the prize.
    You kind of do need some sort of financing BEFORE you get started. People don't work for free usually... and expecting them to work for free AND chip in their own money towards your project... well that's largely unrealistic to say the least unless their like close friends or family members. I think you'll have a hard time finding people to donate their time and skills to a project with no guarantee of compensation, especially if you have no preliminary work done to show a general idea of what you're planning to make.

"Making an mmo" takes more than just a desire to do so and a few vague ideas. You need a clear cut framework of what you want. Then you can figure out how to make what you want happen. Without a foundation to build from, you're pretty much just fantasizing.

While certainly nothing on the scale of an actual MMO, I once hosted and developed an NWN Persistent World. We're talking at most like 60 people online at a time so nothing like a real mmo as far as population goes. But it needed a place to start, a foundation. Areas had to be designed, questlines for players to follow, scripting for cutscenes, events, and custom spells. I only had myself and a handful of other people to work on it and things did not get done quickly. There's A LOT of work that needs doing and getting anything done in a timely manner with people who just help out in their spare time is next to impossible. I know from experience, and an MMO is magnitudes bigger and more complex than my little NWN Persistent world ever was.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2016-06-19 at 02:43 AM.

I feel like this is going to be some kind of... Stomping Land.

I have been working on ideas for my own game (whether it is an MMO or table-top RPG is still to be determined), but they are just ideas for now. You really need to have a strong base and a lot of the basics completely fleshed-out and working.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MagtheMan View Post
    There would have never been an Andrew Carnegie, or Rockefeller, or Gates. People have to work for the prize.
    Gates got lucky, he had money and connections wich allowed him to play the middle man - he didn't come up with dos he bought it and resold it to ibm.

Also consider this project's duration https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkYrYx7pVYc when you think about attacking a mmorpg project.
    Last edited by mmoc1be018301a; 2016-06-19 at 02:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kickstarter?

What do you mean specifically by "MMO"? are you talking about an online FPS or dungeon crawler or RPG (etc...). MMO just means 'Massive Multiplayer Online'. Your post has almost no details

Quote Originally Posted by Pipboi View Post
    Are you rich?
    Some sort of support you are.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

I suggest a simple card- or dice game to begin with. Or perhaps a very basic rogue-like. Good luck.

Get your toes wet before jumping in at the very very deep end.

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't allow advertising here and that includes advertising for projects like this. Closing this.

CLOSED.