10+ Year Old Account

Reallocated Sectors Count

So, I just ordered a SSD today anyway, but my current HDD is showing Reallocated Sectors Count, current:100, worst:100, threshold:5. How bad is this really, and what does it mean?

Thanks

EDIT: added screenshot
    https://gyazo.com/164ce2b3d1293e810967b164d26e58ed

Basically, portions of the physical disk itself are damaged and the controller is moving said portions to new areas. The damage will quickly spread and render the drive unreadable sooner rather than later.

I would back up anything important ASAP as the drive could fail at any time now.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Basically, portions of the physical disk itself are damaged and the controller is moving said portions to new areas. The damage will quickly spread and render the drive unreadable sooner rather than later.

I would back up anything important ASAP as the drive could fail at any time now.
    Glad I ordered my ssd yesterday lol, as long as this one holds up for the next 2-3 days ill be good. Thanks for the info

10+ Year Old Account
    The drive isn't dead, and this is normal for most drives. I have a Seagate 2TB that has a few sectors moved, and two Hitachi's a.k.a HGST's that have nothing moved. Why does anyone buy anything other than HGST's?