Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Killadrix View Post
    As someone who joined the military to help pay my way through college, get a degree, and get a job that allows me to live comfortably, it's cringeworthy to sit back and watch people DEMAND a livable wage just for existing.
    In other words, you went into a government office, got the taxpayer to subsidize your healthcare for life, your education, job prioritization, a bucket list of other things... and now other people are lazy for doing exactly what you did.

This is why we don't win any wars. You're pissing on the faces of the very people that gave you your existence as is, and you show no respect or graciousness for those who've helped you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Receiving taxpayer money is not a right, it is a privilege.
    You should try article one, section eight of the US Constitution sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Emjay18 View Post
    In other words, you went into a government office, got the taxpayer to subsidize your healthcare for life, your education, job prioritization, a bucket list of other things... and now other people are lazy for doing exactly what you did.

This is why we don't win any wars. You're pissing on the faces of the very people that gave you your existence as is, and you show no respect or graciousness for those who've helped you.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep.

4 years of my life completely dedicated to serving my country. Two tours to the gulf. Non-combatant evacuation operations. Not to mention the volunteer work. I've GIVEN BACK.

You can shit on my service all you like. You can call it what you want. Not going to hurt my feelings one bit.

If you want to man up and sign on the dotted line maybe you can go out and do some good too. My guess is you'd rather sit around judging people on an internet forum crying for handouts.

It's all good, friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You mean "democracy".

The country not voting how you like isn't a "dictatorship", it's you being in the miniscule minority in a democracy.
    North Korea is considered a democracy though, isn't it? It's simply rigged so there's only one candidate. We're not all that different, there's just more steps and red tape in our setup, given enough leeway to preserve the illusion of choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Or ya know PEOPLE COUKD BE PAID A LIVING WAGE!!! Amazing concept I know the idea you don't need to work for 60-80 hours at minimum wage to afford a family abd a home
    Or...or...you could find yourself some skills that are worth more than minimum wage and quit asking businesses to pay you more than your worth for a lifestyle that others spend 20 years plus busting their ass and working up the ladder to get.

Such CRAZY concepts amirte?

- - - Updated - - -

......You DO know that living wages were originally the baseline for minimum wage right?

- - - Updated - - -

...You are a fool. The original concept of minimum wage waa to have a living wage

Seriously a living wage means you get paid enough to love and save money from 40 hours of work a week.

It is not asking for handouts but what my goddamn parents abd grandparents got
    OH boy...im going to say something thats going to make all the entitled millennials like yourself gasp and grasp your proverbial pearls.

Maybe, just maybe...FDR was wrong. Just as he was about a whole bunch of shit.

I know I know, the education system likes to make it out like FDR was some sort of god, but he wasn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol so now you have to be a 'contributor' to society, whatever one defines as contributor, and then you get the life, liberty and pursuit of happiness thing going for you? Rights are granted on citizenship, not on some silly test you feel the need to impose to feel relevant.
    Well generally speaking, the things you want...house, car, phone, computer....cost money to make. Other people have spent their time to create and manufacture such things. Therefore you should have to spend your time to acquire said goods.

There is no such thing as a free lunch

Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    Well George Soros, Obama and others are trying OP with racial division.

https://i.sli.mg/Co2RUY.jpg
    https://i.sli.mg/vsAFbz.jpg
    Sorry if I take a picture and article from Breitbart with a huge grain of salt. Considering they are wrong about 90% of the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Endus has literally no understanding of politics beyond what he reads on trash websites and CNN. I've worked in politics for nearly a decade now, and every time I see his posts I want to cringe. Debating with him is pointless (why waste more than a few seconds' time arguing with strangers on the internet?), so I'm content to call him out on his ignorance and blatant bias and leave it at that.
    Sorry if I would rather listen to him than someone claiming to be in politics but know next to nothing about what is going on.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP seems to forget that when most revolutions took people had very little outside of work to occupy their time. All you had to do to kill time was either more work, a hobby (which is unlikely), or sitting around talking to other people. Which meant that people had plenty of time to organize a revolution and very little to lose other than their already shitty lives. Today however, is far different and people (even poor people) have way more to occupy their time and way more to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Or...or...you could find yourself some skills that are worth more than minimum wage and quit asking businesses to pay you more than your worth for a lifestyle that others spend 20 years plus busting their ass and working up the ladder to get.

Wouldn't you agree that the lowest a company should be able to pay should at least be enough to prevent people from also needing Government assistance? Which it currently isn't.
    Last edited by xChurch; 2016-06-19 at 06:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ......You DO know that living wages were originally the baseline for minimum wage right?
    As far as I know, they never were. That is, you were never supposed to be able to afford a house and feed a family with just a minimum wage. Basing minimum wage on the demand to satisfy some living standards and not on the market conditions cannot possibly work well.

Lol so now you have to be a 'contributor' to society, whatever one defines as contributor, and then you get the life, liberty and pursuit of happiness thing going for you? Rights are granted on citizenship, not on some silly test you feel the need to impose to feel relevant.
    There is no right that guarantees what you have to have in life, there are only rights that guarantee what you should be able to get. There is no right guaranteeing every citizen a personal house, but there is a right allowing one to purchase a house on the market, if they have enough funds - again, those funds depend only on them, and the government isn't required to provide them.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Sorry if I take a picture and article from Breitbart with a huge grain of salt. Considering they are wrong about 90% of the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry if I would rather listen to him than someone claiming to be in politics but know next to nothing about what is going on.
    You must read different articles to me on breitbart. They have worked hard to become as legitimate as possible and I think they are more than most MSM outlets. Look at the scam that their editor Ben Shapiro and their reporter Michelle Bridges tried to do this year, they were found out and forced to resign with Michelle now working for the hack media site, huffington post.

Soros has outright said it all himself, it is easy to find on bing and yt. I just uploaded pictures I have in my soros folder.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Receiving taxpayer money is not a right, it is a privilege.
    ...do you know the difference between a living wage and a tax break or welfare..

Is a living wage THAT foreign of a concept? How far have we fallen..Seriously.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

OH boy...im going to say something thats going to make all the entitled millennials like yourself gasp and grasp your proverbial pearls.

Maybe, just maybe...FDR was wrong. Just as he was about a whole bunch of shit.

I know I know, the education system likes to make it out like FDR was some sort of god, but he wasn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Well generally speaking, the things you want...house, car, phone, computer....cost money to make. Other people have spent their time to create and manufacture such things. Therefore you should have to spend your time to acquire said goods.

There is no such thing as a free lunch
    ...Yeeah try explaining why yhe more of his policies we undo the more screwed up our nation becomes

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    As far as I know, they never were. That is, you were never supposed to be able to afford a house and feed a family with just a minimum wage. Basing minimum wage on the demand to satisfy some living standards and not on the market conditions cannot possibly work well.

There is no right that guarantees what you have to have in life, there are only rights that guarantee what you should be able to get. There is no right guaranteeing every citizen a personal house, but there is a right allowing one to purchase a house on the market, if they have enough funds - again, those funds depend only on them, and the government isn't required to provide them.
    My parents were alive when it was a thing they worked when it was..We have altered our own history abd perceptions of money as well as what labor os worth and it is sickening

Frankly I wonder if a revolution isn't the only answer sometimes. We have fallen so far it is insane

Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post
    It is going to make me sound really bad, but I really want to another civil war to breakout. I absolutely hate the system that is in place in America at the moment. Corporations and the wealthy squash and oppress everyone else beneath them, and they have government on their side to make sure it stays that way. As politics become more and more corrupted the only way real change is ever going to happen is through violent revolt of the masses. Honestly, I want a little bit of revenge on the wealthy and corporations for forcing me to exist on slave wages.
    look at how the vast majority of people voted for a wretched bitch like clinton that enforces the shit you're talking about.

no civil war's gonna happen, the people are too stupid to care what the corporations and their political whores like clinton do.

How about we have a civil war oust the oligarch corporations and super wealth and re-institute democracy by the people?
    Won't ever happen. There was a brief moment, back in the 1700's when the Articles of Confederation allowed for this. The people took advantage and were governing by majority votes on local issues (my idea on how a government should work). the rich realized what was happening (they were quickly losing power) and ran in, voided the articles, created the constitution and now we have: USA.

Sorry, but the USA will always be run by the rich because it was created for that very purpose.

If you want to live in a battlefield just move to Detroit or South/West Side Chicago.
    Last edited by muto; 2016-06-19 at 10:03 AM.

US system of government should be VERY resilient to corruption as a republic, its a shame that it has become an oligarchic empire though.

It needs to become more transparent and less paranoid of the public with its spying programs. It gains its legitimacy on an ignorant public fooled by inaccurate media twisting narratives to shape public opinions.

Good luck finding a better system than a republic, you dont need to burn it to the ground, it was very successful for a long time, only a few key areas that it fell flat on.

Return to a republic and destroy the oligarchs and turn back from being an empire ruled by corporate tyranny.

- - - Updated - - -

How about we have a civil war oust the oligarch corporations and super wealth and re-institute democracy by the people?
    America was NEVER a democracy, its a republic, which includes some democratic systems but its not a democracy, ancient athens was a democracy, in democratic athens all male citizens would vote on every public act, not just on which flavor of shit sandwitch they want, this behaviour is something the US has never had.

Democracies arent all they are cracked up to be either, its a short turn from democracy to mob rule, if everything is majority rule.

Civil war is a terrible thing too, nobody should ever wish for any war!

If you want to save your country, figure out what stopped the republic from functioning as a republic and what caused it to become an oligarchy.

Anger and violence wont be enough to replace a government institute, but id be happy to see the current war mongers replaced with leaders that actually gave a quarter of a shit about the average american instead of sending the countries children to die in foreign deserts while poisoning people through faulty infrastructure.

A revolution is needed, but its doomed to fail the second you cast the first stone, many people are alive and, as of now, safe from violence, so tearing the govt institutes apart would only serve to cause pain and misery, just look at what the US invasion of iraq accomplished for them...

simple changes could work, like moving to the STV system, where you can back third party candidates instead of being forced to vote against the worst candidate, its an amazing system where you willingly choose to endorse someone who absolutely does not represent you, the US elections are basically asking someone whether they want to fuck their mom or their dad, and the bickering between the parties is just trash talk about how gross the others decision is "fucking your dad is disgusting! fuck your mom 2016!", its ridiculous!

Females vs Males
    if Clinton wins and gets a Femanazii VP

10+ Year Old Account
    i just want a centrist authoritarian state run by yours truly. complete with death squads to exterminate gang members and those who don't obey the law.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2016-06-19 at 01:06 PM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phitness View Post
    We just need a good "Purge" where we can hunt down all the corrupt politicians and CEOs with impunity.
    That in and of itself is about the body count of what the OP's describing.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by Killadrix View Post
    As someone who joined the military to help pay my way through college, get a degree, and get a job that allows me to live comfortably, it's cringeworthy to sit back and watch people DEMAND a livable wage just for existing.

Hi five 10 char

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

You should try article one, section eight of the US Constitution sometime.
    Ummm....he didn't do anything that he did.

Killadrix provided a service for a fee. A contractual agreement. If they gentleman in question worked for minimum wage, he did very little to give anyone in the military their existence.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Are you willing to murder your fellow citizens to get what you want? Are you willing to be slaughtered pursuing that cause?

No?

Then there's no civil war about to break out. That's how bad things have got to get. Unless you're willing to ignore the law and shoot some corporate leaders in the face yourself, leading to fighting the police, resulting in months of sustained combat to get your "way", you don't actually want that. You're just complaining that life would be easier if people you disagreed with were killed on your behalf, without getting your own hands dirty in the process.

That's not a desire for "civil war". That's a desire to be the one in power who's abusing that authority to stamp out opposing voices.

I'll also note that actually doing that makes you the kind of person this Omar Mateen guy was. Congrats on supporting murderous terrorism, I guess.
    I wouldn't mind cappin a few politically correct libs if civil war did happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mornic View Post
    I wouldn't mind cappin a few politically correct libs if civil war did happen.
    Indeed.

It's funny, the same folks calling for a insurrection are the same who constantly bitch about private gun ownership and how barbaric it is.

I guess they plan to bore people to death with lectures about social justice and institutional racism.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    So edgy. Much cool. *rolls eyes*
    not edgy, opinion. does that offend you?