Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Hana Song View Post
    I have i7-5930k with 2x gtx 980 ti :/
    You should be able to easily hit 144 lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    And which graphic settings/screen resolution?
    Ultra on 1920 1080

Last edited by Hana Song; 2016-06-19 at 07:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    One is visual clarity and how well you can see everything during fast motion, the other is input delay. Vsync causes enormous input delay so that has to be off and low fps will too. Maybe you don't notice it on a 60hz when it drops to 50 or so but going from 60hz to 144/120hz with Vsync on and off, the difference is astounding. FPS matters enormously. 144hz actually ruined gaming somewhat for me, lol. 60 looks like 30 did now.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

I'll give you a good answer. Many, many years ago I knew I was really good at FPS and other multiplayer games. I always preformed well but I would get frustrated when a sudden spike or slowdown occcured. Large effects or crowds in game would slow my fps down to 20ish to 30 fps and I found that I couldn't do exactly what I was trying to do in game when the games slowed down.
    I then got myself a really nice rig and update it frequently to keep up with the times and always have 60+ FPS now. Ever since then I'm able to always do EXACTLY what i'm trying to do with no delay. I know that If I mess up it's always on me. But the feeling of having a constant flow of high FPS is like putting on expensive running shoes after spending the day in work boots. It matters. A lot.

Quote Originally Posted by tapczan100 View Post
    You should be able to easily hit 144 lol.
    Why won't it do that then?

Ultra on 1920 1080

You have 60 refresh rate in overwatch and vsync on. That limits your framerate to 60. You see that (60) near the resolution? That's the overwatch refresh rate.

Quote Originally Posted by tapczan100 View Post
    You have 60 refresh rate in overwatch and vsync on. That limits your framerate to 60. You see that (60) near the resolution? That's the overwatch refresh rate.
    Vsync is off, not on
    Do I change the resolution then?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, I see now
    There is 60, 84, 99, 119 and 144 to choose from

Vsync is off, not on
    Sorry, I can't into asian languages.

EDIT: Also is your Render Scale on 100% or more? This has huge performance impact and people tend to go with more than 100. Especially on 1080p higher than 100% won't make much difference.
    Last edited by tapczan100; 2016-06-19 at 07:50 AM.

Oh now I get 150 when I changed to 144 there

Oh now I get 150 when I changed to 144 there
    Cool, awesome.

Deleted
    Different game, a bit extraduated because you don't notice this that much in high action moments but you can just feel it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=928VyYQxKKo

I try to FPS that never fell in the battle below 60 frames per second, so always put my schedule any appropriate requirements

15+ Year Old Account
    27" 1440p on a 165hz gsync monitor

I usually sit around 120-150 on epic setting.

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends on what range you're looking at. At 45-50, you're probably fine, and close to what the average monitor can handle anyway.

Obviously FPS starts to make a difference when you're at really low frame rates, but once you're above a certain threshold it probably doesn't matter unless you're some sort of top tier player and have a good eye for that kind of thing. I don't; I honestly can't tell the difference between 60 FPS and 80 FPS.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |