Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    People have just gotten to used to welfare. As someone said earlier - there have always been some BoP crafting reagents.

I really hopy Blizz keeps BoS like they are now, then people who actually bother farming them will get rich bitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

I'm in beta and had a few issues with the way Blood of Sargeras was being handled, but this most recent update resolves things nicely (at least in my opinion):

"Blood of Sargeras
    You will also see Blood of Sargeras from Disenchanting Rare and Epic items in a future beta build, as well as an increase in the cadence and quantity of Blood of Sargeras from Crafting World Quests in the Broken Isles. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)"

The combination of methods that will be available to acquire BOS seems to me to be reasonable now. It'll still be highly valued, but dual crafters and tailor/enchanters should be fine. Making BOS available via disenchanting, and upping the frequency and quantity of BOS rewards in world quests is perfect.

Honestly, I never had big concerns for players who are dual-gatherers because unlike a dual crafter with a collection of rare recipes that they don't want to lose, dual-gatherers really suffer no penalty for dropping a gathering skill and picking up a craft for Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post

They are going too far. Why the hell do they think it is fine to constantly dictate how to enjoy their game and put strict bounds on everything? They said themselves that WoW is a game of minorities with every minority thriving on doing *their own thing their own way*. Who the fuck thought forcing people who enjoy professions to fit into the above bounds is a good idea???
    It's kind of the theme of legion force you to do a lot of grinds you don't want to do.

15+ Year Old Account
    1 - Blizzard said Blood of Sargeras is supposed to be able to drop from multiple activities, and the beta wasn't properly doing that, or something.
    2 - I think this is meant to give some power to the crafters, but specially gatherer+crafters.
    Until now almost everyone went double-crafter with their main in end game.
    3 - Weakens bots quite a bit (specially double gathering).
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2016-06-18 at 05:19 PM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    People have just gotten to used to welfare. As someone said earlier - there have always been some BoP crafting reagents.
    And they were obtained either through 5-mans (primal nether), raids or mob farming. Not gathering.
    Yes, people are used to that, so maybe the best way is not to break everything up now that people have double crafting on their mains since... BC?
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    And they were obtained either through 5-mans (primal nether), raids or mob farming. Not gathering.
    Yes, people are used to that, so maybe the best way is not to break everything up now that people have double crafting on their mains since... BC?
    And BoS will be obtainable from dungeons as well, what's the problem?

Also World Quests and Disenchant (for those that are rocking that as a second crafting proff, as my self)
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Runed Orbs, Frozen Orbs, Spirits of Harmony, bla bla... all been BoP.

Why is this such a shock in regards of Blood of Sargeras? Because people got used to Garrison free gathering mats and piss easy crafting mats during wod?

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    They are not punishing anybody. If you are a double gatherere, then sure, you are gonna have useless bloods, but you are gonna make more money then crafters, just because you get more reagents with gathering. That money is then supposed to be used to pay crafters for actually crafting stuff with their blood.
    They are still allowing you to play 2x gathering professions, they are not limiting for you to do that, but they are simply just rewarding players for also having a crafting prof. Changing prof, with the many catch-up mechanics the previous expansions have added, is really easy. So if players don't like the position they are in, if they are 2x gatherer or crafter, they can easily switch to a more favorable position.

You are talking about prof like they are something, which empowers you character, but it is really all about if they can use 1 single reaget or if they have to rely on others to have it. If you are double gatherer, then as i said before, you can completly ignore the blood. Nothing is really gonna change from MoP/WoD to Legion, when it comes to gathering. You will just have to pay the character with a crafting prof a real salary for their job.

Having it BoP solves quite some problems. It increases the useability of crafting profs, where before, you did not really have to care about crafting, since you could just gather all the mats and then have some scrup make it for you, for next to no gold. It makes it so that you can actually have a lively economy. You are gonna have crafters, who will actually want to craft your stuff, since they can take money for their bloods. You will also see non-crafters try to find the best price for crafting with their mats -the BoS. It will make trade chat alive, which the AH sadly have killed most of in the last couple of years. You are also going to make it so, that getting prof on your alts is not really a waste of time, it is more of a bonus, since you can use some bloods on them. Before, most people, if they wanted prof on their alts, just choose gathering, since it gave extra exp and it did not really take dedicated time to gain in skill. Having crafting was just not needed, since you would hardly use anytime on him, since it would be better used on your main, when it came to profession build up. Now, it would actually be worth your while to get prof on nearly all your active alts, since they can then use the BoS to make gear, which = money.

So, again, the game is not forcing you to do anything. You still have free choice, but they are just making gathering and crafting equal again as profession, since they have been unequa since Cata. You get more gold with gathering, but you will be able to use blood as crafting. I think that will be a good way to equal it out. It might mean, that you have to make a huge stock of BoS on your gathering main, but hey, if you ever need some gold, you just quickly go crafting, make a million gold from your acumulated BoS and then go back to gathering.
    When a game developer mentions that the intention is to have one gathering/one crafting profession after 10 years of the game existence, they ARE forcing you to follow the optimal way of playing the profession minigame and at the same time punishing you for the choice you might have made since the character was made. For double gatherers, the problem can be solved by losing one gathering prof and getting a crafting one. There's nothing that a gatherer can lose and not re-gain with minimal effort. Anyway, only mining has some smelting recipes (Dark Iron Ore and the old elementium from BWL) who will need to be re-learned.

The double crafters, who also happen to be profession recipe collectors, are screwed tho. And those are the players who are clearly invested in the game and more possibly the ones to continue play it, not the dumbfuck cyclical 1-3month sub scrubs.

Don't try to convince me about the need of BoS to be BoP. I agree with you. All i'm advocating here is that they should either increase the BoS sources (for example making them like SoH and motes) or allow one gathering profession to every character as secondary.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wow View Post
    It's kind of the theme of legion force you to do a lot of grinds you don't want to do.
    Dont do it, or play the game if you feel so up-tight about gathering or and form of grinding.

10+ Year Old Account
    And BoS will be obtainable from dungeons as well, what's the problem?
    My problem is changing a mechanic which is several expansions old and around which people based their professions is not the best idea in the world.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Don't try to convince me about the need of BoS to be BoP. I agree with you. All i'm advocating here is that they should either increase the BoS sources (for example making them like SoH and motes) or allow one gathering profession to every character as secondary.
    Yes, you should be able to have 2 crafting professions and 1 gathering (or perhaps more). Rolling alts just for gathering is one of the worst mechanics in the game, imo.
    MMO player

10+ Year Old Account
    How much of an early annoyance this will be for my crafters, i believe making it so people use one gathering and one crafting profession to be a good thing.

Especially considering they want you to put more time into crafting to get better items again, we'll see how it pans out but the current system has been here for long enough time for a change, regardless if it's better or worse. Won't know that until much later.

My problem is changing a mechanic which is several expansions old and around which people based their professions is not the best idea in the world.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, you should be able to have 2 crafting professions and 1 gathering (or perhaps more). Rolling alts just for gathering is one of the worst mechanics in the game, imo.
    Thing is, rolling alts to fill crafting needs was not intended and is not intended and so is not a mechanic.

The idea behind one gather and one main was so you could be "MOSTLY" self sufficient but still need to interact with other professions aka players for all your needs, but this never included BOP items that which were intended to limit the "lets roll and alt" syndrome which is the players solution to not wanting to go to other players for those items that are needed, its easier and more convenient to roll and alt and do it yourself.

And the blood of sargeras being BoP is a step back towards limiting this "roll and alt" and back to how it was upto certainly the end of WotLK where these type of mats were BoP until very late in the expansion were in most cases they change to BoE, when it didn't matter as much or selectively like in MoP. So they have been BoP more than BoE from the games history. This expansion has really spoiled us really.
    Last edited by Shakari; 2016-06-19 at 10:24 AM.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

15+ Year Old Account
    Blood of Sargeras is a way for Blizzard to make the Gathering/Crafting duality to return. Sure you can still have double Gathering or double Crafting, but what is the benefit for Gathering/Crafting? This is one way to give us something.

Benefit of double Crafting = You can craft your own things and even more to sell by buying the materials or sending it from alt.
    Benefit of double Gathering = You most likely did this to either send materials to your main with double Crafting or to sell materials to earn gold
    Benefit of only one Crafting and one Gathering = You don't rely on other characters or Auction House, but you also lose out on anything the above options gains or at least cut those gains in half.

As for the Blood of Sargeras they already mention there will be ways to gain it without Gathering.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakari View Post
    The idea behind one gather and one main was so you could be "MOSTLY" self sufficient but still need to interact with other professions aka players for all your needs, but this never included BOP items that which were intended to limit the "lets roll and alt" syndrome which is the players solution to not wanting to go to other players for those items that are needed, its easier and more convenient to roll and alt and do it yourself.
    I agree, but with the craptastic population and economy some realms (including mine) have these days, relying on other player and the AH is absurd. You either won't get something you need or will get it at an absurdly high price.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakari View Post
    And the blood of sargeras being BoP is a step back towards limiting this "roll and alt" and back to how it was upto certainly the end of WotLK where these type of mats were BoP until very late in the expansion were in most cases they change to BoE, when it didn't matter as much or selectively like in MoP.
    It won't limit anything if you ask me. All people will do is rearrange professions. For instance, my main is BS/JC, so I'll go mining/BS instead and slap JC on another alt to craft the necks and the gems. Since everything crafted is BOE, it'll work.

Assuming, of course, that crafting proves useful to begin with, since 850 ilvl at full upgrade seems absurdly low.
    MMO player

- - - Updated - - -

But there have always been BoP crafting reagents? Only WoD there was an overflow of everything, making proffesions so welfare that anyone could craft stuff with no work needed to gather materials.

BoS will drop from World Quests, dungeons, DE, and from gathering proffs if you want that. I haven't even tried on Beta, and I got a bunch of them by just doing my World Quests.

For the love of God I hope they keep it like this, make crafters work for their materials, so they can't just sit and snipe stuff from AH and make a fortune. GET OUT IN THE WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Blood of Sargeras is a way for Blizzard to make the Gathering/Crafting duality to return. Sure you can still have double Gathering or double Crafting, but what is the benefit for Gathering/Crafting? This is one way to give us something.

Benefit of double Crafting = You can craft your own things and even more to sell by buying the materials or sending it from alt.
    Benefit of double Gathering = You most likely did this to either send materials to your main with double Crafting or to sell materials to earn gold
    Benefit of only one Crafting and one Gathering = You don't rely on other characters or Auction House, but you also lose out on anything the above options gains or at least cut those gains in half.

As for the Blood of Sargeras they already mention there will be ways to gain it without Gathering.
    To achieve that they don't even need to make gathering a (good) source of BoS. Having them BoP is enough to achieve that. Someone with BS/Mining would be able to craft twice as much as someone with BS/Alchemy. If gathering can realistically give 50% of the BoS that other content does, the player with BS/Mining could craft three times as much. If gathering doubles the amount of BoS you get, it goes up to four times. There's really no justification for that much difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    But there have always been BoP crafting reagents? Only WoD there was an overflow of everything, making proffesions so welfare that anyone could craft stuff with no work needed to gather materials.
    I'm not saying crafting reagents shouldn't be BOP. In fact I'm all for that. It's getting them from gathering which is a first in WoW. Prior to BoS, it was either 5-mans or mob farming. Or just farm farming (pun intended) for motes in MOP.

BoS will drop from World Quests, dungeons, DE, and from gathering proffs if you want that.
    But quests + dungeons + gathering proffs net you more than just quests + dungeons. That's a problem because since WOTLK, Blizzard pushed mains (especially raiders) into 2x crafting professions by giving professions unique perks that were good for crafting professions and craptastic for gathering ones.

For the love of God I hope they keep it like this, make crafters work for their materials, so they can't just sit and snipe stuff from AH and make a fortune. GET OUT IN THE WORLD.
    In this case, Legion already failed abysmally. Gathering lots of stuff to craft a 800 ilvl item (woopdeedoo) and then eventually craft an upgrade that has the same ilvl as a normal raid is a completely retarded system.
    MMO player

Legion failed because you don't want to work extra to get extra BoS? Ok.

Legion failed because you don't want to work extra to get extra BoS? Ok.
    If it were BoA you'd still be sprouting this nonsense, right ?

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    All they have to do is make them BoA. Problem solved.
    This seems the most logical thing. Even if you farm them all on a double gatherer alt to send to a double crafter alt, you are still manually going out there and doing the farming for them in the world as opposed to just farming them on the AH.

But I expect them to just keep them BoP.