Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Divine Steed, am I the only one bothered by this?

I play a Draenei Paladin and our standard Paladin mount is the giant Elekk. There's a huge disadvantage playing a Draenei when compared to (for example) a Human when it comes to using the Divine Steed ability in tight areas (mostly indoors or at tunnel entrances or even in tunnels themselves, such as in Warsong Gulch), because the big Elekk simply doesn't fit through most things. The human mount fits through most things quite easily. In certain situations, this could cause trouble.

I think the same applies to Taurens vs Blood Elves on the Horde side. I would assume a Kodo also doesn't fit through everything the Blood Elf mount can fit through.

Am I wrong to consider this a legitimate concern? I just don't think certain races should have an advantage over other races that play the same class. I know it's only one ability, but still... it's quite an important ability.

7+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure others have raised this as well. I can see some issues with mount size / character height, but at the very least it'd be nice to see this as a glyph.

Quote Originally Posted by Teleros View Post
    Pretty sure others have raised this as well. I can see some issues with mount size / character height, but at the very least it'd be nice to see this as a glyph.
    Yeah need a glyph for this, I want to use my Argent Charger instead :<

Deleted
    That would be a very nice solution.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the only thing I HATE about playing Tauren. You can't fit through anything while mounted.

sig made by BeastyBeauty

Advantage over other classes ... omg.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Advantage over other classes ... omg.
    Races. Not classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrasibion View Post
    Races. Not classes.
    Now that we cleared up the typo, we can continue to shake our head in disbelief over this outrageously ridiculous notion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Now that we cleared up the typo, we can continue to shake our head in disbelief over this outrageously ridiculous notion.
    Yeah totally ridiculous, infact it was so ridiculous that they had to rechange a lot of textures of buildings because tauren couldn't even get through the fucking door to the questgivers.

Is it unfair? Sure. But it brings flavor to the races. I hate when I pop the ring and can't get through any door and if I'm inside I'm stuck. But i wouldn't want them to change anything about it, you could always get some noggerfogger!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Am I the only one worried about threads containing the words "Am I the only one worried about x, y ,z"?
    Yes. No. Perhaps.

I'm not sure why it has to be an issue at all... why can't the mount portion of the skill be purely cosmetic. Give us the normal size player collision box even while Divine Steed is active. Sure there will be some visual clipping when running through doorways... but so what..

Quote Originally Posted by Sungamnori View Post
    I'm not sure why it has to be an issue at all... why can't the mount portion of the skill be purely cosmetic. Give us the normal size player collision box even while Divine Steed is active. Sure there will be some visual clipping when running through doorways... but so what..
    This. A speed buff changing the collision behavior (based on the character's race!) is just stupid.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by narendal94 View Post
    Is it unfair? Sure. But it brings flavor to the races. I hate when I pop the ring and can't get through any door and if I'm inside I'm stuck. But i wouldn't want them to change anything about it, you could always get some noggerfogger!
    Meaby it is sarcasm dont know but...
    Using an ability should not need an addittional item to work porperly.
    After all this ability is sprint like, with different visual effect.
    Last edited by Astardiel; 2016-06-20 at 12:50 AM.

Deleted
    It's the stupidest spell they've ever added with the exception of symbiosis.

Just give us speed of light back....

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyons View Post
    It's the stupidest spell they've ever added with the exception of symbiosis.

Just give us speed of light back....
    The idea is good and paladinish. How it is right now mechanically is not so good.

I like it, but wish it was a golden glowing version of our paladin mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Yeah need a glyph for this, I want to use my Argent Charger instead :<
    Screw a glyph, they can easily adjust this by making it a "standardized" mount for either side for this ability the best I can think of is an "Argent Charger" or Those "Crusader War horse" mounts Ally white, Horde black. We have access to these mounts in beta so you can see them they are pretty cool and would work vey well for this 3 second ability...though i'd prefer a charge or long arm of the law back...but that's pushing it i guess.

15+ Year Old Account
    I know this is for starting mount, however if you do the level 80 (assuming you want to get to that level or beyond) quests in Argent Tournament you get another Paladin mount

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    I know this is for starting mount, however if you do the level 80 (assuming you want to get to that level or beyond) quests in Argent Tournament you get another Paladin mount
    Only takes about 4 weeks of grinding nonstop :P

I play Tauren Pally and haven't considered this. hmm :c