Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Yes. Doubt I'll ever be able to afford them now that the gold cap has been upped, but sure.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would agree they should go up, mounts from at least 6 seasons ago (which is usually 3 expansions ago). Anyone who earned them legally already got a title as well so they can prove themselves. Of course they need to undo so you don't earn the Achievement for having the mount (maybe it doesn't work like that anyway so it's okay). But they also need to add the Amani Warbear to the Black Market as well.

As a side note, why don't they add pieces to gather for the Atiesh quest too, so people without it can get it (but it will cost tons because so many pieces required).

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't see why not. There are unobtainable PvE mounts there (most notably the old ZG mounts). If some PvP:er gets butthurt about it then so should I cause my Swift Zulian Tiger I got when ZG was still current content (I farmed the raptor when ZG was farmable before it went away and was replaced by "new" ZG) is now had by so many people it's not even funny. I had my "special-snowflake-moment" out of it for a few expansions. So they (pvp-muppets) should all really get over themselves.
    The BMAH is there to drain gold out of the economy. For all I care they could put up the black bug mount from the AQ40 pre-event to along with splinters of Atiesh (have fun buying all 40 of them one at a time). I say wait an expansion or two and then it's a BMAH FFA on them and everything.
    You had them when they where cool and new and now they are for collectors - that said I think there could be one change done and that is people that buy it of the BMAH shouldn't get associated achievements. That might not be a thing for the PvP mounts anyway but if you buy other things of BMAH that has an achievement associated with it then you get that to (Swift white hawkstrider from Kael'thas 5man comes to mind)

Deleted
    It doesn't make sense for them to do it though. There's a huge difference between low percent drop-rate mounts and Gladiator mounts.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    It doesn't make sense for them to do it though. There's a huge difference between low percent drop-rate mounts and Gladiator mounts.
    As I mentioned Swift Zulian Tiger and the Swift Razzashi Raptor got removed from the game in patch 4.0.3 (or something). Before that they where a very rare drop in the original Zul'Gurub. How is it ok to sell that on the BMAH on then but not PvP mounts? PvP mounts are given to a fraction of a % of PvP:ers, same things with this mount - a fraction of PvE players got the drop. One should now be purchasable while the others shouldn't? Why? It's not more "skills" involved. It's just one old mount vs another old mount that people can't get anymore. So if one is for sale then so should the other be.

Of course not. Glad mounts are of the very few mounts left that are actually prestigious, especially the old ones. Being on the BMAH would ruin that.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    I think it is not a good option

Quote Originally Posted by Serissa View Post
    Yea because during S1-S6 zerging everything in 2 GCD was sooooooooooo hard and skillful for certain comps. Without a doubt.
    Clearly the post of someone who never played during tbc. Wrath you could maybe make the argument, although it was first really in season 7 and 8 it got really bursty.

I'm obviously biased here as I got several of the mounts but I'd really rather not see them being sold on the BMAH. You can't really compare it to the zul'gurub mounts as getting those didn't really have anything to do with skill, just getting lucky and getting them as a drop. I got the tiger before it was removed and I don't care about it being buyable as it's just a show of luck, not skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Graharam View Post
    Black Qiraj needed you to be present and "ding the dong" at the world event "The Opening of AQ.".
    Anyone could get it, aslong as the Gates were open.
    Even lowleveled noobs. who travelled across Kalimdor.

Not really "lots of time invested"
    While I didn't open the gates, I helped farm those damn carapaces for the guy in our guild that did. I can assure you, it took a tremendous amount of time and effort to open the gates.

Deleted
    That's true. Comparing it to RNG mounts that always were RNG mounts is wrong.

However Gladiator mounts can be compared to high end PvE mounts, such as mythic Archi mount. Both meant as reward for high end players completing hardest challenge. Same as Invincible was in WoTLK. Same as Life-Binder Handmaiden was in Cataclysm. Same as Kor'Kron Juggernaut was in MOP.

PvP mounts become no longer available. PvE mounts are changed to low drop rate from content that becomes trivial. That is double standards right there.

It would make total sense to make old PvP mounts available as low drop rate from some PvP activity that is rather trivial. For example random reward from winning Ashran or from looting players in battlegrounds, or something like that. Then PvP mounts would get same treatment as PvE mounts, making it fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    PvP mounts become no longer available. PvE mounts are changed to low drop rate from content that becomes trivial. That is double standards right there.
    Or they could just remove PvE mounts after a tier is over :^). But I guess then everyone and their entitled mom would cry aswell.
    Boomkin/Mage/Whatever in Fatsharkyes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speshil View Post
    You do realize that is exactly their reason: Blizzard needs a justification for players to play right now, and they picked a looming threat of current rewards becoming unavailable later on.
    Of course it is. It doesn't make it any less silly in my eyes. It's no different from pre-ordering something and getting an exclusive skin for doing so.

Considering the quality of WoD, I'd much rather them stop removing stuff in an attempt to "make it feel special" and actually put out more/better content. I personally don't like paying $15/mo for less content, but to each their own.

Legion has been a step in the right direction in this regard due to them releasing the recolors/alternatives of the MoP CM sets.

Recolors with slight differences, yes. They decided PvE stuff should be available so why not pvp stuff?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    Clearly the post of someone who never played during tbc. Wrath you could maybe make the argument, although it was first really in season 7 and 8 it got really bursty.

I'm obviously biased here as I got several of the mounts but I'd really rather not see them being sold on the BMAH. You can't really compare it to the zul'gurub mounts as getting those didn't really have anything to do with skill, just getting lucky and getting them as a drop. I got the tiger before it was removed and I don't care about it being buyable as it's just a show of luck, not skill.
    I put the work in for the PvE challenge mode set from MoP. I'd rather it not be available easily for other players. Doesn't matter, it should be consistent, if PvE stuff is available afterwards, then PvP should be as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fevyx View Post
    Or they could just remove PvE mounts after a tier is over :^). But I guess then everyone and their entitled mom would cry aswell.
    Wouldn't the self-entitled ones be the ones begging Blizzard to keep their pixels, which the player doesn't even own, "exclusive" so nobody else can have it?

That's the thing about the entitlement argument. I can be argued both ways.

Personally, my problem is the double standard. I'd be fine with PvE gear/mounts getting locked after it's been outdated along with PvP gear/mounts, but that's not the case. If the "challenge", which is what every keeps desperately clinging to, gives it prestige, make it so that anything obtained from a challenging aspect of the game (Mythic/PvE Raid Meta/CM/PvP) is limited time only.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've always been of the opinion that things shouldn't be made unobtainable but should always still have the skill required to get.

I.E. The ability to buy previous Season mounts for some sort of activity in-game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by looorg View Post
    As I mentioned Swift Zulian Tiger and the Swift Razzashi Raptor got removed from the game in patch 4.0.3 (or something). Before that they where a very rare drop in the original Zul'Gurub. How is it ok to sell that on the BMAH on then but not PvP mounts? PvP mounts are given to a fraction of a % of PvP:ers, same things with this mount - a fraction of PvE players got the drop. One should now be purchasable while the others shouldn't? Why? It's not more "skills" involved. It's just one old mount vs another old mount that people can't get anymore. So if one is for sale then so should the other be.
    I think you should read this back out loud, you can't honestly believe that the ZG mounts are equal to Gladiator mounts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fevyx View Post
    Sure. Problem is double standards.

Though making it all low drop rate makes more sense. If item is removed, there is no reason to run content. If item is there with low drop chance, people will run content, no matter how trivial it is. That gives players more content to do. More content is always a good thing.

Deleted
    However Gladiator mounts can be compared to high end PvE mounts, such as mythic Archi mount. Both meant as reward for high end players completing hardest challenge. Same as Invincible was in WoTLK. Same as Life-Binder Handmaiden was in Cataclysm. Same as Kor'Kron Juggernaut was in MOP.
    I see where you are coming from, but the difference is that Gladiator mounts are given to a limited number of players at the end of the season whereas the PvE mounts are given out weekly. Everyone has a chance at a PvE mount (raider or paying for a boost), but the Gladiator mounts are reserved for the top %.

Deleted
    I see where you are coming from, but the difference is that Gladiator mounts are given to a limited number of players at the end of the season whereas the PvE mounts are given out weekly. Everyone has a chance at a PvE mount (raider or paying for a boost), but the Gladiator mounts are reserved for the top %.
    Its similar. Small number of players get PvE mounts as well when they are current. Probably a bit more than number of players with gladiator mounts, but still small percentage of player base. Everyone has chance at PvE mount, everyone has chance at PvP mount. Boosting exists for PvP too.

However Gladiator mounts can be compared to high end PvE mounts, such as mythic Archi mount.
    Absolutely not. High end PvE mounts are far more accessible than glad mounts. Always have been and still are. Even statistically there are far fewer glad mounts than raid mounts which even if removed are farmed and sold routinely.