Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Were those in the store Muslims as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Were those in the store Muslims as well?
    It's very possible they were muslims who just don't practice their religion outside of believing in it, there's tons of them in Turkey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Let's see how many infractions are handed out in this one for stating the obvious.
    The obvious statement to be made is 'radicalism is bad' and you won't get infract ed for saying that.

/shrug

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    As I learned from the Orlando thread, not all Muslims trashed that store, so stop noticing patterns or you're a racist.
    One thing I noticed in all mass shooting threads "Not all gun owners" so stop noting patterns or you're an anti american fascist who wants everyone to be killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    Of course they'll get into trouble if someone reports this and can identify the attackers or prove somehow that they were the ones doing it. Drinking is never illegal in Turkey. Go to any big city in Turkey and you'll see thousands of people eating and drinking throughout the entirety of Ramadan.
    I'm guessing those cities are going to be correlated with being less religious, but that's just a guess.
    We aren't seeing some kind of mass kristallnacht event around the world towards people who dare to drink in Ramadan. The guys in the news article are just retarded radicals. It's ridiculous to blame muslims or Islam for what they do.
    It's very strange you seem to think prohibition against alcohol in Islam has nothing to do with Islam. Although I'm sure we have a fair trial of what it would be like all over the Islamic world to drink in public. I'm sure no one is afraid of trying that experiment... It's a bit like pretending your country doesn't have gay people when you systemically oppress them from even coming out of the closet.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonvalor View Post
    What difference does my opinion make? Muslims commited a crime, evidence supports this, prosecution incoming

What's more to do
    Express dislike for such behavior, force the Muslim communities are large to take a good look at their actions? Folks are quick to dismiss on line comments despite the internet being the greatest tool for communications humans have invented. I truly believe Islam CAN and will integrate, but if we don't hammer them like was done with Christianity, the more fundamental followers will dictate its path.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    It's very possible they were muslims who just don't practice their religion outside of believing in it, there's tons of them in Turkey.
    Ah, that makes sense. My brother raised the question if those very dedicated to Ramadan are angered only by other Muslims drinking, or if they'd be angry seeing non-Muslims drink as well...

I'd say it's a pretty tricky question, since there's a pretty damned huge difference between radicalists and the rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    It is cultural enrichment man, never heard of it? We need to show respect to them. They are of course full within their rights to break any laws, as long as some old book says they can. Would be Islamophobic to say otherwise.

You are absolutely right! When has the public opinion of the masses ever had any influence on anything? It is meaningless to ever try to express your opinion and have outrage towards outrageous things. Better to just shut up and do nothing, or risk your life going out into the streets to fight them head on!
    I'm not sure where you're getting this from. The attackers are guilty and should be punished accordingly. They shouldn't be treated any better or worse for their religious beliefs than an atheist who did the same thing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why is no one fighting back for?? pick up a chair or something and hit that bald yelling motherfucker in the head with it

Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    Why is no one fighting back for?? pick up a chair or something and hit that bald yelling motherfucker in the head with it
    Probably because it mentions a mob, not sure if anyone wants to intervene and get hurt themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    Scum pigs. Religion of peace my arse. These people weren't doing shit to them, and yet the do this? Each one should be shot in the head like the dogs they are.
    Don't be confused, the radicals are to blame in almost all cases. Your average muslim isn't going to do or say anything against people drinking/listening to Radiohead during Ramadan and I wouldn't be surprised if most of them hate the radicals as much as you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    I'm guessing those cities are going to be correlated with being less religious, but that's just a guess.
    Well, obviously. If those cities are religious they're not going to be breaking the rules of the religion they believe in since they're all religious.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    It's very strange you seem to think prohibition against alcohol in Islam has nothing to do with Islam. Although I'm sure we have a fair trial of what it would be like all over the Islamic world to drink in public. I'm sure no one is afraid of trying that experiment... It's a bit like pretending your country doesn't have gay people when you systemically oppress them from even coming out of the closet.
    Have you ever been to any Islamic country? People are drinking all over the place in Turkey. They have their own national alcoholic beverage. In other Islamic countries it's the same deal, although in some they don't blatantly drink out in public like in Turkey or a western country and instead they have hidden rooms or basements in certain places where they serve alcohol.

Yes, Islam prohibits consumption of alcohol. Yes, the guys in this video were muslims. Yes, they were pissed because people are breaking the prohibition on alcohol during the Islamic holy month. That's all though. Nowhere does Islam command muslims to attack people who drink, not even during Ramadan. That some people are idiots and decide to (violently) force their way of life on others sucks, but it's not something only muslims do and you cannot blame their religion for it or other people who follow that religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Ah, that makes sense. My brother raised the question if those very dedicated to Ramadan are angered only by other Muslims drinking, or if they'd be angry seeing non-Muslims drink as well...

I'd say it's a pretty tricky question, since there's a pretty damned huge difference between radicalists and the rest.
    Well, it's kinda hard to tell from someone on the street if they are muslim or not. In Turkey the overwhelming majority of people are muslim. A lot of them are not practicing, and some of them don't believe in religion at all. It's pretty complicated. That being said the attackers knew these guys were Turkish so they know that at the very least they are familiar with the importance of Ramadan for the fellow countrymen who do practice and believe, which might have triggered them as your brother questions/suggests. I don't think they would've attacked westerners who happen to be there on a holiday that are drinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    It's Turkey. You never know whether someone is carrying a knife or something. Plus, they were outnumbered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    When a muslim commits a crime, its the Muslims who are fault.
    When a mass shooting happens, its the individual.

Fuck religion, and all that, but some people have some double standards when it comes to generalizing.

Scum pigs. Religion of peace my arse. These people weren't doing shit to them, and yet the do this? Each one should be shot in the head like the dogs they are.
    How about Christians blowing up abortion clinics, or attacking gays or bullied people attacking schools. You do realize that there are over 1 billion muslims on the world, and they they are not all middle eastern. Do the math on the # in the world and the number that are allegedly killing people. You may want to get an education and use the brain you were given, and stop falling for the right wing propaganda machine

I dunno bout you guys, I think it's fine. I mean Radiohead is just terrible, so this is an appropriate response really.

Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    I'm not sure where you're getting this from. The attackers are guilty and should be punished accordingly. They shouldn't be treated any better or worse for their religious beliefs than an atheist who did the same thing.
    I don't think an aetheist would've beaten up people for drinking on any specific day since they don't have any religeous beliefs. And of the crime WAS committed specifically because they're trying to force their beliefs on others then I think that should factor into their punishment.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

It seems everyday we hear more and more about some muslim people doing some nasty shit to other people over nothing. Absolutely there are good muslims out there, but they are being spoiled by the bad apples. And with that said, I don't ever hear all that much on muslims condemning muslims.

- - - Updated - - -

I give Christians, Catholics, Protestants, religion in general the same view. Stop injuring people just because they don't follow your beliefs.

This is why I believe all Religions should be outlawed. Religion causes nothing but fucking trouble, especially in this day and age.
    Muslims condemn these extremists everyday but people conveniently ignore it

Quote Originally Posted by dragonvalor View Post
    Muslims condemn these extremists everyday but people conveniently ignore it
    This is also true, but to be fair it isn't reported often since Muslim denouncing Muslim wouldn't be considered high priority by most. People tend to gravitate towards bad news rather than positive.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Quote Originally Posted by nofukuisback View Post
    No, just get the towelheads out.
    how American of you

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    When a muslim commits a crime, its the Muslims who are fault.
    When a mass shooting happens, its the individual.

Fuck religion, and all that, but some people have some double standards when it comes to generalizing.

it also goes this way

someone commits crime with a gun : all gun owners are bad and more control is needed!
    muslim commits crime : #notallmuslims

Guys, I'm starting to think these Islamic folks might have an aversion to things like life and fun. Just an inkling.