Thread: Yugioh Thread

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    anyone watching the anime? just watched the latest epsiode and Aster Fcking Phoenix was in it. so is the anime good? can i start watching it from episode 1 or can I start later?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've cassually been watching them as a i feel like it. I started about 10 episodes ago and its pretty good. No idea whats going on in the story but theres a bunch of old universe characters coming together

I am watching Arc-V, and it is pretty good.

better than 5D's and Zexal?

5ds was great. Zexal... Uh... I mean A for effort. And I haven't seen Arc yet. Any good?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I don't follow the new show as of yet, but I'm very much looking forward to see the new movie dubbed. Its said to be released in early 2017, while the Japanese version has been released last month. Is there maybe a way to see a subbed version?

Zexal was trash and 5Ds was good until the Dark Signer arc ended, then it got bad. Arc-V has been solid so far 105 eps in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MonzarellaCh33ze View Post
    5ds was great. Zexal... Uh... I mean A for effort. And I haven't seen Arc yet. Any good?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    Arc-V is very good actually, I like the fact that Arc-V doesn't try to shove away the previous summon methods, shows competent dueling and the main character doesn't keep summoning the same monster even if there's a better option at that moment (The amount of times Yuma could've summoned Volcasaurus and finish the duel and then decided to summon Utopia enrages me)

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I don't follow the new show as of yet, but I'm very much looking forward to see the new movie dubbed. Its said to be released in early 2017, while the Japanese version has been released last month. Is there maybe a way to see a subbed version?
    I read that the Japanese DVD version isn't coming out until 2017 so we probably won't see a dub before that as there's no cam version as of yet and Japanese apparently aren't big on camming

Quote Originally Posted by Form3r View Post
    Arc-V is very good actually, I like the fact that Arc-V doesn't try to shove away the previous summon methods, shows competent dueling and the main character doesn't keep summoning the same monster even if there's a better option at that moment (The amount of times Yuma could've summoned Volcasaurus and finish the duel and then decided to summon Utopia enrages me)
    Yup, the Arc V Manga is even better though. It is one of the better manga series I have ever read period.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I've been watching through the show again. Lotta stuff I forgot, or only remember as the abridged version. One thing is, attempted murder really is no big deal in this world that is supposedly pretty modern, and more technologically advanced than ours. Bandit Keith locks the group in a cave and really expected them to starve in there. On their way out, paradox wouldn't let them through either, and intended the same thing. For making it to the finals, Mai really loses a lot of duels.

Here's a legitimate gameplay question though. Yugi has a card called Big Shield Guardna, which has very little attack but a shit-ton of defense. It's also a card he can play without sacrificing another creature. Couldn't he, in theory, just play that card face down, in defense mode, and watch his opponent lose a ton of life attacking it for the first time, knowing that there's little chance its attack would beat his card's high defense? If so, why doesn't he? Well...don't answer that part.

Oh, and Crush card OP.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2016-05-31 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Here's a legitimate gameplay question though. Yugi has a card called Big Shield Guardna, which has very little attack but a shit-ton of defense. It's also a card he can play without sacrificing another creature. Couldn't he, in theory, just play that card face down, in defense mode, and watch his opponent lose a ton of life attacking it for the first time, knowing that there's little chance its attack would beat his card's high defense? If so, why doesn't he? Well...don't answer that part.

Oh, and Crush card OP.
    Yes, yes he can. Crush Card was OP, it was banned for years, but then it got an errata, which basically nerfed the card and it was made legal again. But no one actually still plays it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some of these supposedly expert duelists really suck. Kaiba: regularly beats Joey, but pretty much loses every other duel in the show. Loses to Yugi three times, Pegasus once. Marik: Only wins through shenanigans. Mai would have one without the bullshit "you can't read the Egyptian text on the card". Joey only loses because it was a shadow duel. Noah: Calls Yugi a crappy duelist when he picks up where Kaiba left off in the tail-end of the duel. And Yugi still wins. Only got that far in the first place by tricking Kaiba into not attacking Mokuba. Bandit Keith: Only wins by cheating. To be fair, he probably just never got caught before the show began. Pegasus: Disregarding he can read others' minds, Pegasus only wins by using cards that don't exist. Hell, Mai even loses all her on-screen duels.

Ya....

There were a lot of shenanigans in the original series. At least with Arc-V they can chalk them up to action cards

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    Ya....
    [video=youtube;-0DI7z4gKf0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0DI7z4gKf0[/vieo]

There were a lot of shenanigans in the original series. At least with Arc-V they can chalk them up to action cards
    Nothing will beat the shenanigans where in Zexal they actually create cards out of thin air. I can give the original show some slack, only because they were trying to get kids into it by doing random things, like Pokemon in the beginning, but yes a lot of that stuff was bullshit, but creating cards out of thin air takes the cake.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    I just imagine a regular person dueling Yugi, then he pulls this stuff out his ass about X card having X effect. And the person just goes, let me read that card, no it doesnt...

And Yugi just stands there like"Well shit...."

Quote Originally Posted by Ðemonhuntr View Post
    I just imagine a regular person dueling Yugi, then he pulls this stuff out his ass about X card having X effect. And the person just goes, let me read that card, no it doesnt...

And Yugi just stands there like"Well shit...."
    And then we find out Pot of Greed doesn't actually let you draw 2 cards.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's one of the things that also bothered me about the anime. They explain a lot of the cards except the ones with super beneficial effects untill it triggers. I wonder if its allowed to ask your opponent what a card does in its entirity

Quote Originally Posted by Ðemonhuntr View Post
    That's one of the things that also bothered me about the anime. They explain a lot of the cards except the ones with super beneficial effects untill it triggers. I wonder if its allowed to ask your opponent what a card does in its entirity
    In one of the latest eps of Arc V, Yuya uses his duel disk thing to check his opponents card effect. So maybe not all of them have that?

10+ Year Old Account
    So YuGiOh was one of those things I missed as a kid, and I recently found they have the entire original series on Hulu. I've been slowly watching them, catching an episode here and there when I have had the time. I wish I had seen this as a kid as I am sure some of the "drama" is lost on me now. But I like it so far, even though it seems the perfect card is always pulled and rules are made up on the spot lol Probably could make a really good drinking game.