Quote Originally Posted by trm90 View Post
    Wow people have been grossly overexaggerating the ramp up time though.
    Well, currently you just need 3 targets and one Cl to drop a massive EQ.

In Legion you need 5 Targets drop a rather mediocre EQ after 2 (Or 3 with bad rng) Cl's.

Granted, you can boost 3 Cl's with Stormkeeper but that's about it, leaving out the 10% chance from Static Overload due being a rather low chance proc.

The Imp. Cl perk was just really powerful and actually something that i enjoyed about Elemental in WoD(at least the post 6.1 version), because it allowed to abuse the perk in a situation when 3 targets were next to each other even if just for a short time.

And the Single target Dps boost that AoE provided was very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by trm90 View Post
    LR is really underwhelming to cleave with (maybe better with higher haste?)
    LR is bad outside of Stormkeeper and Static Overload procs, altough when those 3 things meet, serious Dps boost happens.

My guess is that this talent is supposed to fill the void left by Imp. Cl perk, being able to get a Single target boost out of an AoE situation, although currently it's way more clunkier than the Cl perk.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2016-06-17 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Berthier View Post
    So atm ele aoe and multitarget dmg is not a big deal ? and singeltarget is ok ? they said that everyspecc should be strong on one think one niche but the tuning is not over so hm maybe they change ele to strong singeltarget and good multitarget.
    As long as our niche is not "sustained aoe" like it was in WoD, we'll be much better for it.

I personally enjoy being able to dot up flame shock with no cooldown. Also, being able to spread it with a talent is very cool. I played rogue/hunter mainly in wod but I made an ele shaman later int eh expansion and I love it. Out of the three classes in legion it's become my favorite. Glad it's sticking to the same style with some fresh changes to keep things interesting.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtlewithnoshell View Post
    I personally enjoy being able to dot up flame shock with no cooldown. Also, being able to spread it with a talent is very cool. I played rogue/hunter mainly in wod but I made an ele shaman later int eh expansion and I love it. Out of the three classes in legion it's become my favorite. Glad it's sticking to the same style with some fresh changes to keep things interesting.
    Ye sure a Talent that should have been baseline ages ago. We said it was clunky as hell and no with no cooldown on flameshock it should be better. WOD was and is the worst expansion Elemental has ever been at, our damage numbers are not that good and our AOE while amazing at Sustained AOE is horrid at Burst AOE where in counts. Our single target is pretty much all the same spell with different animations. (i am talking WOD here since i am not on the Beta)

Please do not compare WOD Elemental shaman to anything decent because it was/is not even remotely close to that.

I think you are enjoying it now on the Beta because they have replaced our god aweful mastery with our older one that we all know and love Pre WOD. Our single target still needs to be tuned correctly to at least have each spell feel different in its damage output. But mechanically it is the exact same spec you are correct on that and that is exactly the problem alot of Shaman players are having with it at the moment.

Glad you are enjoying it, but you havnt been around when the numbers tuning happens before every expansion and Elemental is usually left in the gutter only to be Hotfixed to OP status for a small patch a week after release.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love the class now so much. Im testing it on PTR. I love godly juicy sounds of ele shaman spells. I love Im able to spread flame shocks and spam those instant meaty lava bursts. I feel like a damn lord of elements as I should!

Quote Originally Posted by gambit998 View Post
    Ye sure a Talent that should have been baseline ages ago. We said it was clunky as hell and no with no cooldown on flameshock it should be better. WOD was and is the worst expansion Elemental has ever been at, our damage numbers are not that good and our AOE while amazing at Sustained AOE is horrid at Burst AOE where in counts. Our single target is pretty much all the same spell with different animations. (i am talking WOD here since i am not on the Beta)

Please do not compare WOD Elemental shaman to anything decent because it was/is not even remotely close to that.
    I'm hating elemental on Beta and its set up to be worse than WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I'm hating elemental on Beta and its set up to be worse than WoD.
    I ALSO , the only Good Thing Legion is the mastery. My Main is Live is Elem/Resto Shaman 743ilvl, but i don't like elemental in beta, and i can't change to Enh (OP),Why do we have many melee

7+ Year Old Account
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...t=77&source=28

Well dps doesn't seem to be on top there, but I like that we have at least one ability that hits crazy hard... hope it stays that way. (not me in the logs btw)

Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post

Well dps doesn't seem to be on top there, but I like that we have at least one ability that hits crazy hard... hope it stays that way. (not me in the logs btw)
    Wow...is this log broken? I barely see LB. It's only cast 3 times (which I assume only on SK used). So we can spam LvB now? Or this guy just won't cast anything but LvB o_O? Or is this multi target fight that allow us to spam LvB?

Deleted
    Path of Flame + Elemental Fusion + Echo of Elements = Unlimited lava bursts

Fire Mage doing 3x the damage of the Shaman. Buckle up buckaroos.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Rezhka View Post
    Wow...is this log broken? I barely see LB. It's only cast 3 times (which I assume only on SK used). So we can spam LvB now? Or this guy just won't cast anything but LvB o_O? Or is this multi target fight that allow us to spam LvB?
    He dies like 20 seconds in on every pull. So of course Lava Burst is pretty much the only spell it shows him casting.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezhka View Post
    Haven't really looked into it much but, i'm guessing with the Stormkeeper being off CD, depending on what fight it is LB or CL gets prio.1, since 200% more dmg is ridiculously much.

Haven't really looked into it much but, i'm guessing with the Stormkeeper being off CD, depending on what fight it is LB or CL gets prio.1, since 200% more dmg is ridiculously much.
    LB with Stormkeeper is better than Lvb, but you still keep Lvb off CD since LB is spammable, therefore it's still more useful to stick to Lvb > Lb.

All you have to do is to dump the SK stacks before they run out, which is sometimes quite difficult with Icefury, with Ascendance it's probably worth to delay Ascendance until all SK stacks are gone or use SK after Ascendance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    LB with Stormkeeper is better than Lvb, but you still keep Lvb off CD since LB is spammable, therefore it's still more useful to stick to Lvb > Lb.

All you have to do is to dump the SK stacks before they run out, which is sometimes quite difficult with Icefury, with Ascendance it's probably worth to delay Ascendance until all SK stacks are gone or use SK after Ascendance.
    Personaly i use SK just before ascendance because normaly you have procs and enough time to use them

He's in for 5 pulls there as ele (pulls 1, 3, 4, 6, and 7.) All of them are super short and not really indicative of how a full fight would play out. The fight, at least on the early end of things, is skewed towards AoE which ele is currently short on in the Beta. With that, the only pull where he does awfully is the one where he's only up for 35% of the fight, which is pull #7. He also does rather poorly in pull #4, where he's only up for 45% of the fight.

Not really up with the OPs for AoE, but ahead of most of the pack. Once the OPs get scaled back (*if* they get scaled back) we should be in a good place numerically for single target and behind the curve in AoE for fights where we can't bring our full AoE power to bear (which will be most of them as AoE tends to be skewed towards the power of burst AoE.)

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Fire Mage doing 3x the damage of the Shaman. Buckle up buckaroos.
    I assume you're using the overall numbers from that log (if you're not then I apologize for the following poking fun, but I couldn't resist) and if you are I pose to you this question:

Fire doing 3x the damage with 4x the uptime would indicate that assuming those two things are equal that Ele would be noticeably stronger than Fire wouldn't it?

We see when looking at individual pulls that the truth is far more nuanced than that (and that Fire looks marginally stronger in the opening sequence of this fight than Ele,) but the overall numbers paint a rather different picture than the one you're trying to paint with this post.
    Last edited by Gistwiki; 2016-06-19 at 10:00 PM.
    I love arguing! BRING ON THE TROLLS!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...twiki/advanced - Contributor to Stormearthandlava.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gistwiki View Post

I assume you're using the overall numbers from that log (if you're not then I apologize for the following poking fun, but I couldn't resist) and if you are I pose to you this question:

Fire doing 3x the damage with 4x the uptime would indicate that assuming those two things are equal that Ele would be noticeably stronger than Fire wouldn't it?

We see when looking at individual pulls that the truth is far more nuanced than that (and that Fire looks marginally stronger in the opening sequence of this fight than Ele,) but the overall numbers paint a rather different picture than the one you're trying to paint with this post.
    Just trying to vent my frustration for Elemental balance in recent expansions, I didn't even look at the log for more than 2 seconds :3.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Just trying to vent my frustration for Elemental balance in recent expansions, I didn't even look at the log for more than 2 seconds :3.
    Fair enough <3

Release WoD was balanced around 90 and just plain godawful at 100 >.>
    I love arguing! BRING ON THE TROLLS!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...twiki/advanced - Contributor to Stormearthandlava.com

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post

Ahh yea ok. Seems ele might get a bit complex depending on what you spec into then...that's quite fun! Some nice variety.

Really can't take too much from those logs. Who knows whether the Shaman is good or not and the Shaman is dead early or missing from a majority of those fights. People shouldn't be trying to prove their points with such shitty evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistwiki View Post
    Fair enough <3

Release WoD was balanced around 90 and just plain godawful at 100 >.>
    Hey Gist, I'm assuming you've been pretty active in the beta? Any shot you have any feedback/logs collected anywhere? I thought your 6.2 HFC forum post was pretty amazing and I wouldn't mind hearing your opinion as we get closer to the expansion.
    Last edited by Prankish; 2016-06-20 at 07:14 AM.