10+ Year Old Account

Buy a New Car and Get a Free AR-15

A dealership in NH has been taking unfair criticism for their buy a new or used car and get a free AR-15 or 9MM pistol promotion. Too many people are acting like you just walk in and buy a car and are handed the weapon, but that is not the case. You still have to pass the same background checks you would if you were buying it. I just wish people would actually not jump the gun (pun not intended) and automatically just assume they are handing them out like candy at Halloween. Way too many people are way too paranoid.

http://www.pennlive.com/nation-world..._if_you_b.html
    At a New Hampshire car dealer, you can get a free AR-15 assault rifle along with your used car purchase.

Hagan's Motor Pool in Rochester, N.H., which proudly boasts its status as a veteran-owned business, has its "Buy A Car, Get An AR" campaign as its Facebook header.

The promotion, which began a month before the shooting deaths of 49 people at a gay nightclub in Orlando, offers a free AR-15 assault rifle with the purchase of select vehicles. Or, if you don't want the rifle, you can go with a 9mm pistol. Or, if you don't want a gun at all, you can get a discount on the vehicle itself.

Hagan told FOX25 that he has given away 4 AR-15s and one of the pistols as of Thursday.

If you choose to get one of the guns, you do have to undergo a background check.

"They go to the dealer and pass their background check. If they don't pass they don't get the weapon it's that's simple," Hagan said.

Deleted
    I'm not here to bash America or anything related to guns, gunshootings and guncontrol... but next up they give away free guns with a package of butter. I'm glad I don't live in America, I wouldn't want this sort of "promotions" like with opening a bankaccount and getting a gun. Why are Americans clinging so much to the second amandment? I suppose 200+ years of evolution thought them that these laws are old? Even we, as a Dutch nation, changed our constitution last year to prevent refugees bringing home their underaged bridechildren.

*Mumbles something with guncompany's beeing the richest and has the biggest politic-influence*
    Last edited by mmoc80711df9dc; 2016-06-19 at 05:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...if you don't want a gun at all, you can get a discount on the vehicle itself.
    That sort of makes it sound like the AR-15/9mm pistol is not free.

Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandises View Post
    I'm not here to bash America or anything related to guns, gunshootings and guncontrol... but next up they give away free guns with a package of butter.
    Butter is pretty cheap. I'm not sure your business plan will work out. Just sayin...

Sounds like a nice promotion. I'm in the market for a car for my wife, I'd take a free AR-15 with it.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Of course it isn't free. The dealership is either partnered with the gunsmith, or buying the guns at wholesale and passing them off as incentives to purchase their vehicles. They probably marked all the vehicles up a bit to offset any costs of the gun.

A lot of people love bundles and hate comparison shopping. The trick is to not let them see the normal price of the car (Or bury it in fine print) and how much those weapons are really worth. They will simply fall in to the trap of thinking they're getting a good deal, when they're actually getting ripped. Car Dealing 101.

Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    Sounds like a nice promotion. I'm in the market for a car for my wife, I'd take a free AR-15 with it.
    I'm sure it feels free when they've raised the normal price of the car 5 times of what the gun costs, and now call it normal + "free" AR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Nothing is free, you already knew that though.

reminds me of this family guy skit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dys View Post
    Of course it isn't free. The dealership is either partnered with the gunsmith, or buying the guns at wholesale and passing them off as incentives to purchase their vehicles. They probably marked all the vehicles up a bit to offset any costs of the gun.

A lot of people love bundles and hate comparison shopping. The trick is to not let them see the normal price of the car (Or bury it in fine print) and how much those weapons are really worth. They will simply fall in to the trap of thinking they're getting a good deal, when they're actually getting ripped. Car Dealing 101.
    That is not what I meant.

If you can buy the car from the same dealer for $20,000 without the AR-15, or $21,000 with the AR-15, then that makes the cost of the AR-15 $1,000 and not therefore free.

If the dealer charges $21,000 for the car, with or without the AR-15, then you can call the AR-15 free, even though it is obviously not free as the cost is included in that $21,000.

My point was not that the AR-15 is free, more that they call it free and charge extra for it, which is the opposite of free.

And here I thought New Hampshire was just another tree hugging hippie liberal state. I wouldn't have thought there was enough hunters and such there to make this an attractive deal. But hey, guess they are more red than I thought

The promotion, which began a month before the shooting deaths of 49 people at a gay nightclub in Orlando, offers a free AR-15 assault rifle with the purchase of select vehicles. Or, if you don't want the rifle, you can go with a 9mm pistol.

If you choose to get one of the guns, you do have to undergo a background check.
    "They go to the dealer and pass their background check. If they don't pass they don't get the weapon it's that's simple," Hagan said.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2016-06-19 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    reminds me of this family guy skit

I don't usually laugh at family guy but this got me...

America, fuck yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    What a weird promotion... What does the gun have to do with the car? It's like, I don't know, "Buy a small personal plane, get a chainsaw for free".
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    A dealership in NH has been taking unfair criticism for their buy a new or used car and get a free AR-15 or 9MM pistol promotion. Too many people are acting like you just walk in and buy a car and are handed the weapon, but that is not the case. You still have to pass the same background checks you would if you were buying it. I just wish people would actually not jump the gun (pun not intended) and automatically just assume they are handing them out like candy at Halloween. Way too many people are way too paranoid.
    Sigh. Sorry, but the criticism is very fair.

It has nothing to do with paranoia. Take a few minutes out of your day and think...really think...about everyone actually having guns.

The idiot who gets into car wrecks every 6 months will pass a background check. Should that idiot have guns?

The idiot who couldn't pass many high school classes will pass a background check. Should that idiot have guns?

The drunken idiot who likes to do stupid things all the time will pass a background check. Should that idiot have guns?

Some of these idiots already have guns.

Did you know that literally hundreds of people in the US die every year from unintentional firearm injuries? Did you know that dozens of them are children (kids younger than 3 have shot someone more than 60 times last year)?

Did you know that there have already been over 1,000 people accidentally shot in the US so far this year?

Do you understand that there are lot of idiots out there?

Worth reading if you really want to understand a few things - http://www.economist.com/blogs/democ...09/gun-control

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    What a weird promotion... What does the gun have to do with the car? It's like, I don't know, "Buy a small personal plane, get a chainsaw for free".
    Open a new bank account get a free toaster.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Sigh. Sorry, but the criticism is very fair.

It has nothing to do with paranoia. Take a few minutes out of your day and think...really think...about everyone actually having guns.

The idiot who gets into car wrecks every 6 months will pass a background check. Should that idiot have guns?

The idiot who couldn't pass many high school classes will pass a background check. Should that idiot have guns?

The drunken idiot who likes to do stupid things all the time will pass a background check. Should that idiot have guns?

Some of these idiots already have guns.

Did you know that literally hundreds of people in the US die every year from unintentional firearm injuries? Did you know that dozens of them are children (kids younger than 3 have shot someone more than 60 times last year)?

Did you know that there have already been over 1,000 people accidentally shot in the US so far this year?

Do you understand that there are lot of idiots out there?

Worth reading if you really want to understand a few things - http://www.economist.com/blogs/democ...09/gun-control
    I think all of those people should be able to own a firearm if they can pass a background check.
    Most of those idiots drive a few ton vehicle at speeds over 70 miles an hour and you don't bat an eye.

10+ Year Old Account
    We have a Gun Control thread, please keep the discussion there.