Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    I don't know if I agree with complete exclusivity. I would like everything to stay in the game just have the method of acquiring it change. I don't see anything wrong with mounts going for millions of gold once a month or so from the bmah.

I admit though it is easier to devise systems for pve since you can simply make the mounts a 1% drop on a weekly lock out. PVP is a much trickier beast simply due to how ratings work.
    Completely fine, not fine with complete exclusivity since that'd mean nothing would carry over between expansions. XD
    It's up to the players to pursue and earn the rewards they dream of, having certain rewards as a carrot for certain content whilst the content is exclusive is more than fair considering there's always far more that won't be exclusive to that time-period.

I'm okay with bringing back any PVE mounts.

PVP is a different story. It reflects accomplishment during a particular era, with a particular iteration of your class's design against other players. It would be impossible to find a proper equivalency for someone to earn it now.

Definitely not gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    They have old PVE ones on like the Zul'Gurub mounts, the Core Hound, and the Plagued proto-drake, so why not add in a few of the old PVP mounts?

I'd say add 1 from each season, and a good way to choose which mount goes up is by a poll on their website, along with screenshots so people can decide which is the purdiest!
    From the linked list (http://www.warcraftmounts.com/pvp.php), I'd personally go with Swift Nether Drake, Furious Frost wyrm, Cataclysmic Twilight Drake, Malevolent Cloud Serpent and the Primal Gronnling.
    What are your thoughts? A good idea, or do you think it'd take away from the rarity of those mounts?
    Sure, if you earn gladiator in that season.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I'm okay with bringing back any PVE mounts.

PVP is a different story. It reflects accomplishment during a particular era, with a particular iteration of your class's design against other players. It would be impossible to find a proper equivalency for someone to earn it now.

Definitely not gold.
    How is that different then Mythic or old heroic boss mounts exactly?

Same level of competition for raid spots and most guilds that do accomplish killing the last boss do not have the time needed to farm every member a mount. I admit pvp is harder then I thought I only managed to get to 2.3k rating in the two weeks I put into it so there rewards are well deserved but I don't get why they are excluded from the BMAH.

That being said the only pvp mount I ever wanted is a armored nether drake. I don't really care for most of the models they get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    How is that different then Mythic or old heroic boss mounts exactly?

Same level of competition for raid spots and most guilds that do accomplish killing the last boss do not have the time needed to farm every member a mount. I admit pvp is harder then I thought I only managed to get to 2.3k rating in the two weeks I put into it so there rewards are well deserved but I don't get why they are excluded from the BMAH.

That being said the only pvp mount I ever wanted is a armored nether drake. I don't really care for most of the models they get.
    You made 2.3k in two weeks? How much did the boost cost?

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    You made 2.3k in two weeks? How much did the boost cost?
    Nothing we got bored with raiding archie each week so 5 guildies got together spent two weeks in throw away 2s then got to 2.3k in two weeks of 5s play with what we considered a easy mode comp.

2 dks 2 fire mages and a priest.

Just pop double crystal, grip, dragons breath,blastwave,coldsnap,dragons breath, blastwave. Kills 2-3 people especially if one of there team blinks out of it clean up the rest.

Though we have been told by pvpers that 5s is bs.

Deleted
    if the old pve mounts show on the BMAH . yea the pvp mounts should be too

Quote Originally Posted by Graharam View Post
    Black Qiraj needed you to be present and "ding the dong" at the world event "The Opening of AQ.".
    Anyone could get it, aslong as the Gates were open.
    Even lowleveled noobs. who travelled across Kalimdor.

Not really "lots of time invested"
    Thats not even remotely true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    They have old PVE ones on like the Zul'Gurub mounts, the Core Hound, and the Plagued proto-drake, so why not add in a few of the old PVP mounts?

I'd say add 1 from each season, and a good way to choose which mount goes up is by a poll on their website, along with screenshots so people can decide which is the purdiest!
    From the linked list (http://www.warcraftmounts.com/pvp.php), I'd personally go with Swift Nether Drake, Furious Frost wyrm, Cataclysmic Twilight Drake, Malevolent Cloud Serpent and the Primal Gronnling.
    What are your thoughts? A good idea, or do you think it'd take away from the rarity of those mounts?
    As much as i would love to have any of them, im going to disagree.

Trying to push the ratings as i have back in previous expansions (mostly BC and Wrath) it wasn't easy. the players who made it the top .5% deserve what they earned, if we could just wait till they show up on the BMAH and blow gold cap then whats even the point of even attempting to participate in arenas at all?

The only thing i can see that could help fix the issue you are having is if blizzard put out more mounts that are still obtainable whatever the difficulty so that obtaining 300 mounts for the achievement is more Possible. I myself am sitting at 254 mounts and the only mounts I could get that would put me closer are to the achievement are the glad mounts, mounts from the TcG, Rarespawns from WoD and raid mounts from Mists and Wod.

My selfish rich ass self say HELL YEAH!

My councious self says HELL NO!

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Why doesn't that apply to raid drop mounts like Invincible\Mimiron's Head, etc? Oh, so pvp'ers can return to old content and farm them?
    There are differences between obtaining PvP mounts and PvE mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Serissa View Post
    Are you talking about yourself? Ok then.

Just 2 words - mace rogue - do you like perma-stun?

Another 2 words - resto druid - was able to solo many teams 1 vs 2 or even 1 vs 3.
    In what world would a healer solo in arena, they could survive but not kill anything. You probably don't know since you didn't play back then but matches had no time limit and would often go on for ages due it to not being all that bursty(mainly in 2's, in 3v3 you would get kills but it was generally through cc chains or outmanaing the enemy healer, not instant kills).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post
    As much as i would love to have any of them, im going to disagree.

Trying to push the ratings as i have back in previous expansions (mostly BC and Wrath) it wasn't easy. the players who made it the top .5% deserve what they earned, if we could just wait till they show up on the BMAH and blow gold cap then whats even the point of even attempting to participate in arenas at all?

The only thing i can see that could help fix the issue you are having is if blizzard put out more mounts that are still obtainable whatever the difficulty so that obtaining 300 mounts for the achievement is more Possible. I myself am sitting at 254 mounts and the only mounts I could get that would put me closer are to the achievement are the glad mounts, mounts from the TcG, Rarespawns from WoD and raid mounts from Mists and Wod.
    I raided in world top ~20-40 guilds from Vanilla till Firelands, but apparently it was mostly worth nothing since pretty much everyone has Invincible, Mimiron's etc. now. I think it would be equivalent to being in the top % of people who get Gladiator across the world though.
    The only exclusives I have now are Swift Horde Wolf, Crusader's Black Warhorse and Black Protodrake. Meanwhile Glads have 10+ different ones and they can still get most of the removed PvE mounts too through BMAH and low drop % from raids.

The point of doing arenas for mounts would be the same as PvE: So that they would be uncommon while they are "current content" since that is what Blizzard went for in regards to PvE after the first tier of WotlK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    What some here are missing is that in PvP, there aren't a whole lot of other rewards for continuing on once you've geared up and made a certain rank or achieve. Raiders can keep farming for gear upgrades even after they've killed the last dragon of a tier.

OTOH, I think none of the mounts - PvE or PvP - that require a completion of a tier or ranking should be on AH. You didn't get the Garrosh mount or Drake of the South Wind before those raids were nerfed? Too bad then, you missed it. But it's obvious why Blizz allows you to get an old PvE mount: to keep you grinding old content (extends sub times...$$). But you can't go back and grind say the Tyrannical Glad mount because that season is over and the gear and ilvl have changed.
    Last edited by Caolela; 2016-06-19 at 08:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orochiro View Post
    I raided in world top ~20-40 guilds from Vanilla till Firelands, but apparently it was mostly worth nothing since pretty much everyone has Invincible, Mimiron's etc. now. I think it would be equivalent to being in the top % of people who get Gladiator across the world though.
    The only exclusives I have now are Swift Horde Wolf, Crusader's Black Warhorse and Black Protodrake. Meanwhile Glads have 10+ different ones and they can still get most of the removed PvE mounts too through BMAH and low drop % from raids.

The point of doing arenas for mounts would be the same as PvE: So that they would be uncommon while they are "current content" since that is what Blizzard went for in regards to PvE after the first tier of WotlK.
    Pve have title's that are no longer Obtainable. the PvP titles go away at the end of the following season.
    you won't see anyone who started playing in wrath or later with ",Champion of the Naaru" or "Hand of Adal" now will you?

If you wanted these mounts so bad you should of practiced on your pvp skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherrytie View Post
    S3/4/6 Glad here
    Id be upset if I see them in the hands of ppl who never did Pvp in their WoW life.
    I worked my ass off to get them, I invested a lot of time and commitment as much as my partners did.

You could argue, that Goldfarmers invested time too, but they lack something in particular. Real commitment to the case.
    I could sit down and farm 999.999.999 but they couldnt sit down and get up to 2600+
    I am not sure if you are on US or EU servers, but on US servers, you could buy those mounts for RL cash by having a pilot carry you to glad in most seasons. I don't see the difference between that and someone paying millions of gold for the mount.

I personally think the BMAH needs more variety, but PVP mounts aren't really the answer. I'd rather see regional pets go on the BMAH.

This is the sort of shit that pisses me the fuck off. Yes, my ZG mount I got before it was removed is in the BMAH. Yes, my T3 that should no longer be obtainable is in the BMAH. Now you want my gladiator mounts in there as well?

Enough is fucking enough. People who earned stuff back in the day should at least have THAT MUCH as a thank you for sticking around after all this time. It's ridiculous that the BMAH has what it does already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilgameshh View Post
    People who earned stuff back in the day should at least have THAT MUCH as a thank you for sticking around after all this time. It's ridiculous that the BMAH has what it does already.
    And yet, it has those items, which is part of the issue. Blizzard randomly decides to make mounts and gear exclusive, then they randomly decide which of those exclusive items are going to have their exclusive tags removed.

All of this could have been avoided if Blizzard either (A) Made all outdated gear/mounts exclusive to when they were current, or (B) made nothing exclusive. Instead, they chose (C) Pick somewhat random aspects of the game, take away the rewards, then randomly add some of them back into the game.

I still have no idea why Blizzard never made Mythic(Max difficulty) 100% drop mounts completely unobtainable the next patch, considering that would, well, make sense based off their previous actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    And yet, it has those items, which is part of the issue. Blizzard randomly decides to make mounts and gear exclusive, then they randomly decide which of those exclusive items are going to have their exclusive tags removed.

All of this could have been avoided if Blizzard either (A) Made all outdated gear/mounts exclusive to when they were current, or (B) made nothing exclusive. Instead, they chose (C) Pick somewhat random aspects of the game, take away the rewards, then randomly add some of them back into the game.

I still have no idea why Blizzard never made Mythic(Max difficulty) 100% drop mounts completely unobtainable the next patch, considering that would, well, make sense based off their previous actions.
    There's no question that it's a problem. The BMAH should not have loot that is no longer obtainable; what's the point? Was there a large, vocal group of players threatening to quit the game if they didn't do this? It's just a slap in the face to those who've been around long enough/had the skill to obtain the loot.

You're right that this could have all been avoided. Instead of thinking of reasonable ways to make gold sinks, they did this. It's something that really pisses me off as someone who has been playing since vanilla. Giving people access gladiator mounts, though... that's a whole new level of stupid. I don't think Blizzard would ever actually do that, but I also didn't think my T3 would be accessible to people who have never stepped foot in a raid/never played vanilla.

I also agree with what you said about mythic mounts. Let people have some fucking stuff in an MMO-RPG that others can't have. If you don't play the game enough/don't have the skill to get it, who the hell cares? I don't have plenty of cool stuff that I would have liked to get, but it's always cool to see the occasional person who does have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    I'm confused, isn't the challenge mode set from mop exactly the same as gladiator mounts? I don't believe it can be optained anymore. You also got things like vanilla naxx weapons and non tier gear as well as class specific stuff like the hunter and priest weapons that are no longer available either and i wouldn't want to see them come back either. There's nothing wrong with stuff being timed exclusive in an mmo. Personally i wouldn't mind pve mounts being unobtainable after the content is outdated, but blizzard probably decided to keep them as low drop rates as a form of content, as there are a lot of people that farm old raids.
    They're adding recolors with slight modifications of the CM sets in legion that will be pretty easy to get.