Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Quoting this is not really helping your cause

....but if there is anything you can post to help our shared aims......
    i want you to leave because if you vote to stay the 40-45% of you that are delusional will continue to be ignorant and crazy and do their best to screw the EU over again and again - as for a good brexit argument? - Cant say i have heard one, its mostly idiocy and lies.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    But: you're suggesting you agree with Farage and that a split of 66.6-33.3 should put the issue to rest either way? You seem to be implying I agree with that? Reread my post.
    I'm not agreeing with him, just asking for clarification about his point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by Davos Seaworth View Post
    We were an independent nation before and we did a whole lot better than some of our European friends.
    We can be independent again.

#Exit.
    But UK joined because their economy was doing very not-a-whole-lot-better at the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    But UK joined because their economy was doing very not-a-whole-lot-better at the time.
    Although that is true, we remoulded our economy since then.

Deleted
    I would like to see what a BREXIT can mean for the rest of us Europians who are sick of Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by DiegoBrando View Post
    Not sure if it was posted already or not:
    God damn Garrison is such a fucking dweeb.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    Yeah Furry - but that's not answering my question... do you genuinely believe a 51-49 Leave result would be enough to justify it? Personally, I don't think it would be.
    Personally, I do not care how close it is as long was we get rid of the constant whining and uncertainty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandises View Post
    I would like to see what a BREXIT can mean for the rest of us Europians who are sick of Europe.
    What country are you from and what do you think Europe is doing to influence your life in a bad way.

Do take note i might ridicule you for a silly statement and being completely poorly informed

Deleted
    Oh, the whining will just begin after a 49-51 vote!

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Although that is true, we remoulded our economy since then.
    To be more EU focussed, not to be more independent from the EU.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    To be more EU focussed, not to be more independent from the EU.
    I doubt Thatcher really intended our economy to be more EU friendly, rather that she wanted an economy that was not completely shit.

Just watched the debate on tv with Cameron and david dimbleby etc, i very surprised and never knew that the deals on benifits that he obtained with the eu recently were up for renewal in 8 years time, sounding by the amount of groans in the audience most people don't know this as well.

Also the fact that when asked what if the other 27 countries just veto them what will you do, to this he replies, i trust they wont.

We really do have fuck all power in our own country and even Cameron had to pass the buck and hope 27 other countires do us a favour.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sircaw View Post
    Just watched the debate on tv with Cameron and david dimbleby etc, i very surprised and never knew that the deals on benifits that he obtained with the eu recently were up for renewal in 8 years time, sounding by the amount of groans in the audience most people don't know this as well.

Also the fact that when asked what if the other 27 countries just veto them what will you do, to this he replies, i trust they wont.

We really do have fuck all power in our own country and even Cameron had to pass the buck and hope 27 other countires do us a favour.
    Additional benefits, extra's and you complain that those are not set in stone for forever and that you have to earn them like every other nation does by meeting requirements and you speak of 'power in your own country'.

Is this the average level of how informed a brexit voter is?

Can't wait on the outcome if the answer is yes to an exit, just to have some schadenfreude.

- - - Updated - - -

I doubt Thatcher really intended our economy to be more EU friendly, rather that she wanted an economy that was not completely shit.
    Thatcher was as most British politicians a flip flop on the whole EU front. When it suited the public opinion she was for when it didn't she was opposed to it. You could say she started the whole trend of blaming the EU for bad things done and decided by in the UK.

Doesn't change the fact that when the UK joined, the British economy wasn't really doing well compared to the European countries (reason why they joined) and that right now the economies of Europe are more depended on each other than at any point in time.

Just doesn't seem feasible to promise every good thing you can imagine while not having to pay a price, especially when your economy is depended on the rest of the EU.

Well lets not forget the fact that the UK would be breaking a ton of treaties and not the EU/

It's you and not the EU countries that wants to break up years of treaties and agreements, only normal that the member states have a say into the final agreement you forced.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Additional benefits, extra's and you complain that those are not set in stone for forever and that you have to earn them like every other nation does by meeting requirements and you speak of 'power in your own country'.

Can't wait on the outcome if the answer is yes to an exit, just to have some schadenfreude.

- - - Updated - - -

Thatcher was as most British politicians a flip flop on the whole EU front. When it suited the public opinion she was for when it didn't she was opposed to it. You could say she started the whole trend of blaming the EU for bad things done and decided by in the UK.

Well their whole reasoning involves allot of 'we don't get everything we want at every turn'', it often sounds like that they want to be treated like royalties and it pisses them off when they are treated like the rest of us common folk
    Last edited by ati87; 2016-06-19 at 07:07 PM.

I quess you never watched the debate and stating that you will take pleasure in hoping that an exit might or might not prove your point and add mishap to people is petty and pathetic when the the polls indicate that leaving or remaining or so close, either side of 50/50

I am done with this section of the forums, their is some nastiness from a few people around here, i will save my vote for Thursday
    Last edited by sircaw; 2016-06-19 at 07:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thatcher was pro-free markets, so the EU (or EC, as it was called then, maybe EEC, whatever) as a free trade bloc was what she liked. The regulation that infringed upon free trade was not what she liked.

To be fair, that is not a whole lot different from many of the arguments put forward now, with the exception of the EU immigration one, which was obviously not an issue in her day.

Although I am pro-membership, the bureaucracy of the EU is one of the things that needs to change.

https://twitter.com/jimwaterson/stat...89625109450752

That anti-intellectualism.

Oh and if anyone has three hours to waste, two part Brexit "war games" roleplaying what discussions might look like in the event of a Brexit;
    Last edited by Shadowmelded; 2016-06-19 at 07:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I quess you never watched the debate and stating that you will take pleasure in hoping that an exit might or might not prove your point and add mishap to people is petty and pathetic when the the polls indicate that leaving or remaining or so close, either side of 50/50

I am done with this section of the forums, their is some nastiness from a few people around here, i will save my vote for Thursday
    If you believe you will not take a hit to your economy you are fooling yourself, both sides will take one only the EU will recover faster due to being larger that is merely basic economics that and the trade position they maintain globally due to its size.

The other part is none of your problems on a national level will be solved, immigration won't change your need for it most definitely won't change, your problems in the healthcare and other social problems won't disappear all that disappears is the option your political class has to blame the EU for all their mistakes.

Considering the display your political class has shown for years, you are surprised Europeans are giving your nation a fuck you? Well you must be really isolated on that island for the outside world.

- - - Updated - - -

Thatcher was pro-free markets, so the EU (or EC, as it was called then, maybe EEC, whatever) as a free trade bloc was what she liked. The regulation that infringed upon free trade was not what she liked.

To be fair, that is not a whole lot different from many of the arguments put forward now, with the exception of the EU immigration one, which was obviously not an issue in her day.

Although I am pro-membership, the bureaucracy of the EU is one of the things that needs to change.
    You might want to look up the Single European Act that one that declared that the EU would become more political and more than a trade block. Thatcher signed that. As i said a flip flop like most britisch politicians.

The EU bureaucracy does not need to change for the UK, if anything you need to clean house in your own political system. I bet you aren't even aware of all the veto rights and how the EU actually functions politically, otherwise you wouldn't be making that statement but guessing how polarized and poorly the information you can obtain has become on your front the last months i'm not the least surprised by such statements. Do you even know a single thing that have to be changed, an actual thing not something vague like "EU bureaucracy" in general?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    https://twitter.com/jimwaterson/stat...89625109450752

That anti-intellectualism.

Oh and if anyone has three hours to waste, two part Brexit "war games" roleplaying what discussions might look like in the event of a Brexit;
    I remember the times where you actually had to get a degree to be considered a reporter or editor, good times.

I remember the times where you actually had to get a degree to be considered a reporter or editor, good times.
    The editor guy is just quoting a member of the audience's remark towards the Prime Minister in the Question Time debate that just finished.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Hahahaha never heard such rubbish in my life, much of that refers to a period called the dark ages, the clue being in the name. No one really had a clue what went on. Your interpretation/guess of history is as likely as hansel and gretals.
    You are faking that ignorance, I hope?