Page 75 of 76 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    That is true and why I feel it won't be day 1. But the OG models will get phased out. I give it 2 years maybe 3 max before the OG systems are no longer supported.
    Are you serious? Hell there is still ps3/360 ports happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly if you still think that the Scorpio and the Xbox One S are going to compete at all, then you're just ignorant. 4k gaming and VR capable... you realize that many high end PCs can't do that right? There's no way this thing is going to be less than 800 unless they plan on taking massive losses and that is being super generous. 1000 for it seem reasonable.

If you really think that a 800-1000 dollar console will be competing at all with a 300 dollar one then you are out of your mind. If you think that Microsoft is going to prioritize the Scorpio over what is going to be the much better selling Slim, then you are out of your mind.

The GTX 1080 which is the most powerful graphics card on the market, can barely run GTA V at 30 FPS on 4k resolution (Source http://www.trustedreviews.com/nvidia...clusion-page-2). The GTX 1080 is 680 dollars. That alone would make it more expensive that the PS3 at launch.

What this seems like to me is the console market finally responding to the PC master race crowd and offering a true high end version of their consoles. What you guys are basically saying is, "Why would they release the GTX 1070 when there's the GTX 1080." The obvious answer is because they cater to different markets.

This is all coming from someone who was very much against the idea of the PS Neo because I believed it to be a somewhat minor but noticeable upgrade that was going to come in at a similar price point as the original PS4. The Scorpio shows that this is going to be a huge upgrade (almost too huge to believe) and one that won't be comparable to the original Xbox One in the slightest.

"All settings max"- the point you missed. In case you don't understand, most high end settings are terribly optimized in any game and should never be a judge of anything.

A 970 can actually run GTAV at 4k 30 fps with some of the more demanding settings turned down. It's actually one of the easier modern games to achieve 4k/30 in.

Scorpio will likely be in the $500-600 range. Not the $800-1000 range you claim. It's still going to be a cheap apu(cheap in comparison to a desktop gaming PC cpu/gpu combo) with a cpu on the weaker side of the spectrum. The gpu in it will be strong, but comparing it straight up to pc prices is laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    no, because at that point they can just release a new console, price slash the scorpio and make more money without dividing their playerbase with half steps
    They've already said "devs can choose to make scoprio only games", it honestly looks like it either sets a new norm or its the last home console from microsoft that just keep being incrementally changed over time.

At first ya good chance any exclusives will be XBS/VR games. But like I said sooner or later that will change. You will get devs who want to do X on XB1Scrop but can't do it on XB1OG/S.

There are not going to just beef up the XB1 just to not use it. If they are just going it for 4k res (and same graphic level) then there is no point in a XB1Scrop. Just get the XB1S that now can display on 4k tv's.
    Since most, if not all of these games, are also designed for W10 they have to make the games work on a variety of hardware. They can't assume that everyone has my $2500 beast...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    "All settings max"- the point you missed. In case you don't understand, most high end settings are terribly optimized in any game and should never be a judge of anything.

A 970 can actually run GTAV at 4k 30 fps with some of the more demanding settings turned down. It's actually one of the easier modern games to achieve 4k/30 in.

Scorpio will likely be in the $500-600 range. Not the $800-1000 range you claim. It's still going to be a cheap apu(cheap in comparison to a desktop gaming PC cpu/gpu combo) with a cpu on the weaker side of the spectrum. The gpu in it will be strong, but comparing it straight up to pc prices is laughable.
    That's still beside the point. Even if it is 600 dollars, it's the same thing as the GTX 1070 and the GTX 1080. The GTX 1070 is for people who want power but don't need the absolute high end and the 1080 is for people who want the best of the best. Same thing with the two Xboxes. Slim for people who want a solid gaming experience and the Scorpio for people who want the best that the console market can offer.

Basically, a 300 dollar console and a 600 dollar console of the same family don't compete with one another and the Scorpio is seemingly going to be a huge leap in power. Not the half step that people were expecting.

I'd be shocked if MS was stupid enough to try to charge $800-$1K for a system that is already getting its ass kicked by Sony left, right and center. Add in the fact that many of the newer "exclusives" for MS are W10 based exclusives(includes the XBone OS) and not specifically XB exclusives I don't know why anyone would pick one up for that price. Just get the PS4 and play the W10 games on your PC.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    That's still beside the point. Even if it is 600 dollars, it's the same thing as the GTX 1070 and the GTX 1080. The GTX 1070 is for people who want power but don't need the absolute high end and the 1080 is for people who want the best of the best. Same thing with the two Xboxes. Slim for people who want a solid gaming experience and the Scorpio for people who want the best that the console market can offer.

Basically, a 300 dollar console and a 600 dollar console of the same family don't compete with one another and the Scorpio is seemingly going to be a huge leap in power. Not the half step that people were expecting.
    They claim it's something like 4x as powerful, whether that's just them blowing smoke is yet to be seen(although considering how underpowered the XBone is I wouldn't be surprised).

Are you serious? Hell there is still ps3/360 ports happening.
    And what ports mite those be? JRPG's because even the two big shooters (COD and BF) are not going to be on last gen systems. Tech don't act like you don't know what I mean because you do.

Main support for both systems IMO will end 3 years max after the upgraded systems.

Ur not going to just make a powerful system and not use it.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-06-19 at 03:48 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

That would still phase out the OG XB1 and XB1S. I don't see the shelf life of ether being all that long after Scorpio release's.

They will turn Scorpio into the "Base" model and whatever after as the advanced one. Anyone who thinks games will be made for both for the full life of scorpio is kidding themselves.

They are going to say games for one will be made for the other. If they didn't they would kill sells of the system for the next year. But anyone who thinks that way (same can be said for the Ps4 Neo as well) is fooling themselves.
    or.. they'll just make a new generation, and the scorpio will be just as useful in playing those as the 360 is at playing xbox one games..
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    or.. they'll just make a new generation, and the scorpio will be just as useful in playing those as the 360 is at playing xbox one games..
    That could happen as well. The Neo/XB1Scrop could be what bridges the gap between current systems and next gen. I am just saying its more likely the current models will get left behind.

If they prove me wrong ill be the first to admit I was wrong. I find it unlikely tho and for those who can barely buy systems I hope they stay supported for quite awhile.

Saying (Well they said this) doesn't mean shit. No company is going to say "In one year our new system will come out and we will stop support of the old one". That would kill there sells for the next year, if not future sells.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Logic.... That's the proof. It will reach a point where dev's will not want to make games for both systems and Microsoft will push the scorpio as the main system. Its business 101.
    Have they said there will be exclusive scorpio games? No, your just throwing wild ideas out there. They wont be developing for multiple systems. They build a game for xbox one, and throw in better resolution and graphics options for the scorpio. Its really not that hard or involving. Stop making shit up about how they will phase out the normal xbox one.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Have they said there will be exclusive scorpio games? No, your just throwing wild ideas out there. They wont be developing for multiple systems. They build a game for xbox one, and throw in better resolution and graphics options for the scorpio. Its really not that hard or involving. Stop making shit up about how they will phase out the normal xbox one.
    especially since they already do this for pc.

pc games cover a very wide range of systems. theres no reason console cant do that.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

And what ports mite those be? JRPG's because even the two big shooters (COD and BF) are not going to be on last gen systems. Tech don't act like you don't know what I mean because you do.

Main support for both systems IMO will end 3 years max after the upgraded systems.

Ur not going to just make a powerful system and not use it.
    Japanese games aplenty, Madden, NBA2k, WWE2k, MLB the show, NHL, FIFA, TMNT, Black Ops 3, Rise of Tomb Raider, Lego Star Wars, Resident Evil 0 HD, MGSV. Just off top of my head games released physically(if digital list is MUCH BIGGER) on last gen just in the past year. 3 years after PS4/XB1... If you want to go back to 2 years back that list gets MUCH BIGGER. You claiming XB1 or PS4 would be phased out 2 years after scorpio/neo is laughable at best, especially when both companies have first party games announced for the base models that won't even be out before their releases.

As for the bold, good luck trying to convince publishers to abandon a growing 60 mil install base still early in their lives. Even if MS does want that, 3rd parties aren't going to play ball with it.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2016-06-19 at 06:16 PM.

Japanese games aplenty, Madden, NBA2k, WWE2k, MLB the show, NHL, FIFA, TMNT, Black Ops 3, Rise of Tomb Raider, Lego Star Wars, Resident Evil 0 HD, MGSV. Just off top of my head games released physically(if digital list is MUCH BIGGER) on last gen just in the past year. 3 years after PS4/XB1... If you want to go back to 2 years back that list gets MUCH BIGGER. You claiming XB1 or PS4 would be phased out 2 years after scorpio/neo is laughable at best, especially when both companies have first party games announced for the base models that won't even be out before their releases.

As for the bold, good luck trying to convince publishers to abandon a growing 60 mil install base still early in their lives. Even if MS does want that, 3rd parties aren't going to play ball with it.
    You are so right tech just like you was right about Dead Rising 4.......

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Once again no company in there right mind would do that so far out.

But hey logs ignore the fact there has been reports of devs annoyed about having to develop for two different systems (At the time Ps4 and Ps4 Neo).

Here this guy says it better then me, done talking to people who don't have a clue about what they are talking about.

The XB1Scrop will phase out the OG XB1 its not a matter of if but a matter of when.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-06-19 at 06:46 PM.

You are so right tech just like you was right about Dead Rising 4.......
    You mean I was right about DR3? Since you argued it wasn't funded by MS when MS published it? Typical, try to strawman when your argument collapses.

You mean I was right about DR3? Since you argued it wasn't funded by MS when MS published it? Typical, try to strawman when your argument collapses.
    Ummmm we wasn't talking about DR3 we was talking about DR4 and how you said it wasn't coming to ps4. Guess what it is coming to ps4 but a year later and why a year later????? Because once again Microsoft has bought timed exclusive rights just like they did with tomb raider.

There is a massive difference in founding a game (Sunset Over Drive) and buying timed exclusive rights or buying exclusive rights (D3,Titanfall, DR4 Tomb Raider).

I wouldn't expect you to know what your talking about tho since you never do.

I'm done here can't talk to kids who don't know what they are talking about and I got games to go buy
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-06-19 at 07:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    OMG, do we seriously need that exclusive vs timed exclusive debate back in the thread again? Exclusives suck and don't deserve the time spent talking about them. Anyways, may end up getting a PS4, if only for Horizon Zero Dawn (grrr exclusive). That game looks so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    I guess you can say sony vs microsoft, same still applies. Nothing good ever comes out of it.
    And even that wasn't happening, but w/e. I guess you'll see what you see regardless of whether it was true or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    OMG, do we seriously need that exclusive vs timed exclusive debate back in the thread again? Exclusives suck and don't deserve the time spent talking about them. Anyways, may end up getting a PS4, if only for Horizon Zero Dawn (grrr exclusive). That game looks so good.
    without exclusives some of the best games would never have been made.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Snip
    "You were wrong before so you're wrong again" is a very bad argument. You still haven't argued your point at all. No evidence has been presented whatsoever from you for saying what you were saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.