Alright, so I looked for as much info as I could, and from what I'm seeing (I am still a bit confused on some stuff), it looks like the basic idea is to Keep Renewing Mists on CD, use Enveloping Mists on someone for the healing taken buff, then hit them with either Vivify (if AoE splash healing will be useful) or with Effuse if you want cheaper healing just on the one person. For AoE, it looks like just Essence Font spam. Is that right or am I missing the mark?

A couple of things I don't get are what use the Rising Sun Kick, Spinning Crane Kick, and the Blackout Kick are. It says they just deal damage, so unless you take the Spirit of the Crane talent and/or the Rising Thunder talent, I'm not seeing their value (from a healing perspective).

Also, the Soothing Mists ability confuses me. If I'm reading it correctly, it basically channels some low powered healing into the last target you healed, but only while you aren't casting anything else. I would be under the assumption that the developers wouldn't want to incorporate 'doing nothing' into a class's core, but I don't really see how to use it other than idling.

Quote Originally Posted by Genzen Han View Post
    A couple of things I don't get are what use the Rising Sun Kick, Spinning Crane Kick, and the Blackout Kick are. It says they just deal damage, so unless you take the Spirit of the Crane talent and/or the Rising Thunder talent, I'm not seeing their value (from a healing perspective).
    Rising Thunder + RSK for TFT resets = lots of ReMs across the raid. It's a trickier playstyle, but is pretty effective.

Also, the Soothing Mists ability confuses me. If I'm reading it correctly, it basically channels some low powered healing into the last target you healed, but only while you aren't casting anything else. I would be under the assumption that the developers wouldn't want to incorporate 'doing nothing' into a class's core, but I don't really see how to use it other than idling.
    Yes, it just auto-casts.

Deleted
    Soothing mist is a perfect for when you only need light healing. It does tick quite fast but doesnt proc mastery. It does scale with haste.
    Last edited by mmocdf23fc3447; 2016-06-19 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meradith View Post
    So quick follow up question: Does that mean SotC overtakes Mist Wrap as the go-to level 45 talent? (for now) Right now, im playing with MW and RT on ptr.
    SotC for raids in order to regen mana for more healing over the fight. I choose Mist Wrap for 5 mans, because it's so damn good for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ham on Rye View Post
    Once again, "clunky" doesn't actually say anything. Pick a better adjective(s) to describe what about the gameplay you don't like. What is "clunky" about it? What don't you like? What is hard to get used to? Give actual, tangible, legitimate reasons so we can have an actual discussion about it, not empty adjectives.
    Can you like get this crap out of this thread, you are filling this thread with just as useless posts that you seem to be crying about.

Quote Originally Posted by rizso1985 View Post
    Soothing mist is a perfect for when you only need light healing. It does tick quite fast but doesnt proc mastery. It does scale with haste.
    The prob is there is almost always something better to do then channel it like doing damage.
    I Delight in the Irony

Armory, Warcraft logs, Youtube, Twitter, Twitch

Deleted
    Is renewing mist bugged? It seem to heal for far more then the tooltip says. Maybe its just the tooltip?

Seem to be 150% spell power per tick atm.
    Last edited by mmocdf23fc3447; 2016-06-20 at 12:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mollify View Post
    Rising Thunder + RSK for TFT resets = lots of ReMs across the raid. It's a trickier playstyle, but is pretty effective.

Yes, it just auto-casts.

So we don't really need the Spinning Crane Kick or the Blackout Kick unless we're just looking to do damage? And with Soothing Mists, does it look like we will need to make use of it in order to manage mana (it's basically infinite free healing), or is it just kinda something to ignore and just let it happen if/when it happens? The talent that lets you channel it whilst moving seems like it might be good for high movement fights and 5 mans where people are constantly on-the-go, but other than that, it seems like it'd be better to cast an actual heal than to sit there letting SM tick over for small amounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    you know what's even better than soothing in a raid setting?

Spirit of the crane

Deleted
    As long as rem is healing double whats its suppost to its not strange rising thunder beats the others talents.

Players who can manage the TFT/RSK/ReM playstyle will do pretty well. I think it will reasonably define a line between casual and more serious players who can deal with the melee requirement (and not wipe their raid, even with the hybrid melee classification).

10+ Year Old Account
    The entire problem boils down to SoTC being too good honestly. RT vs Mana tea is fine, as you're giving up mana sustain for more total hps. The problem is SoTC is too good overall, because lifecycles/mist wrap is shit for a raid setting.

If they actually made unbuffed vivify/enm worth casting in a raid setting, you wouldn't see every monk fistweaving in downtime.

Deleted
    Well, I don't like the rt playstyle either and no it's not hard clique and wa and everything is fine. But for me it feels wrong at least at the moment.

I won't have to play with it because i don´t raid anymore and mana tea is fine in five man's.

Maybe if I get the legendary but maybe I'm lucky and I don't get it ; -)

- - - Updated - - -

Is renewing mist bugged? It seem to heal for far more then the tooltip says. Maybe its just the tooltip?

Seem to be 150% spell power per tick atm.

it heal double the amount of the tooltip (ptr)
    Last edited by mmoccce904060d; 2016-06-20 at 07:52 AM.

I was thinking to level up as ww and at lvl 110 swap to mw to catch up for the artifact, that is viable?

Quote Originally Posted by Jinderox View Post
    I was thinking to level up as ww and at lvl 110 swap to mw to catch up for the artifact, that is viable?
    More than viable, it seems to be the only way to go at the moment..

Deleted
    Renewing mist is suppost to heal for 750% spellpower but heals for 1500% spellpower. While I like that there is strenght in the spell and that it encourage you to hot and fill that target to full to get rem do split with Dancing Mist artifact trait. And bugged rem is also what causes us to be able to compete with other healers. However it puts to much power into the spell and removes talent choices, legendary item choices and even what spells you use for tea.

For sake of balance, either make rem heal for the 75% spellpower per tick or increase its manacost. With so much stuff tied to rising sun kick that spell should have an increased mana cost as well, especially if rem continues to tick for 150% spellpower.

Sry if this was discussed before but i didnt find anything about it.

I wonder if there are any assumptions which artifact trait you should try to get first, because as i see it you probably will only have maybe 2/3 of the major traits available when Nightmare will open.
    Do you think it will be viable to go the left path at first pick up the breath and then skill into the middle traits which seem to be the best for RT because of the hot buff? I am a big fan of Breath of Serpent on live but sadly it was only viable on 1 boss in brf. I even use raid breaks to spec into it to just see the cool visual but the trait looks like it wont be that good in 5mans which will be the main thing to do the first weeks .
    idk but to me the whole right site of the artifact seems pretty bad, but maybe i am missing something and i will need them in raids? Just want to avoid having big respec costs because i didnt think of something

10+ Year Old Account
    Renewing mist is suppost to heal for 750% spellpower but heals for 1500% spellpower. While I like that there is strenght in the spell and that it encourage you to hot and fill that target to full to get rem do split with Dancing Mist artifact trait. And bugged rem is also what causes us to be able to compete with other healers. However it puts to much power into the spell and removes talent choices, legendary item choices and even what spells you use for tea.

For sake of balance, either make rem heal for the 75% spellpower per tick or increase its manacost. With so much stuff tied to rising sun kick that spell should have an increased mana cost as well, especially if rem continues to tick for 150% spellpower.
    Renewing Mist is intended for 75% SP. Healing for 150% is obviously a massive bug.

I was making assumptions of RT vs Mana tea based off 750% sp Renewing Mist. Obviously at 1500% Rt is massively overpowered.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alectra View Post

I wonder if there are any assumptions which artifact trait you should try to get first, because as i see it you probably will only have maybe 2/3 of the major traits available when Nightmare will open.
    Do you think it will be viable to go the left path at first pick up the breath and then skill into the middle traits which seem to be the best for RT because of the hot buff? I am a big fan of Breath of Serpent on live but sadly it was only viable on 1 boss in brf. I even use raid breaks to spec into it to just see the cool visual but the trait looks like it wont be that good in 5mans which will be the main thing to do the first weeks .
    idk but to me the whole right site of the artifact seems pretty bad, but maybe i am missing something and i will need them in raids? Just want to avoid having big respec costs because i didnt think of something
    You should go right because the soothing traits are completely wasted, and dancing mist does not outpace a 15% amp on Essence Font, and Life Cocoon becoming really strong.

The basic path is going right for mists of sheilun, getting mists of life on the way, then going for dancing mist. Afterwards you go for Revival trait, and beyond that you go for w/e hps increases are left before 34 traits.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alectra View Post

Personaly Im gonna start with Essence Font then move to Mists of life then turn into The Mists of Sheilun then moving my way to Celestial Breath. Blessing of Yu'lon is a 180% spellpower worth of healing on revival, not to interesting trait for 5 mans etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personaly Im gonna start with Essence Font then move to Mists of life then turn into The Mists of Sheilun then moving my way to Celestial Breath. Blessing of Yu'lon is a 180% spellpower worth of healing on revival, not to interesting trait for 5 mans etc.
    Celestial breath is hot garbage, and effuse trait is weaker than LC trait.

That's why you go for revival trait after you get dancing mist.

But going the path on right would mean that we would only have 1 major trait for a long time if you take Artifact Power cost increases per trait into consideration. Are the big traits that bad? You could have 2 of them before the raid opens, because just skilling into the left side is like 240k artifact power less for getting the second major trait. So in the end it would be 15% Essence Font + the Cocoon thingy vs. Celestial Breath
    So sad atm because i really hoped i could have the breath finally D: