Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Thing is she is a sniper, she should be punished for letting enemies get close by being dead....quickly.

As it stands she has too much hp and can just zip line away OR just outright kill you with her assault rifle LMB click.
    Vs anyone other than D.Va, maybe :P

Honestly they could tone down her SMG damage, maybe HP, and it wouldn't hurt her much overall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since I got the goth skin I have played her for the firs time today. Got 13 kills with 2 deaths on first attempt so thats ok I guess. 1 of those deaths was from a tracer sticky bomb so yeah
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

Meh. I mostly play Winston these days. If I take a straight path towards a Widowmaker I get wrecked. If I weave about and pick my path, I'll get the jump on her and she's wrecked.

Seems about right.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    You're basically asking that she be incapable of putting up a fight if flanked.
    She's a sniper.

That's how it should be. She can basically 1 shot any non tank at range with a headshot, that's the trade-off right there.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    She's a sniper.

That's how it should be. She can basically 1 shot any non tank at range with a headshot, that's the trade-off right there.
    If she should be incapable of putting up a fight when flanked, then genji, tracer, D.va, winston, pharah, and reaper all need mobility nerfs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    If she should be incapable of putting up a fight when flanked, then genji, tracer, D.va, winston, pharah, and reaper all need mobility nerfs.
    Why? The game is not balanced around every hero being able to defend themselves against every other hero on 1v1. Widowmaker is supposed to be weak against those heroes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Why? The game is not balanced around every hero being able to defend themselves against every other hero on 1v1. Widowmaker is supposed to be weak against those heroes.
    And she is already.
    All of them vastly out-damage her at close range, 5/6 have abilities that can place them directly next to her (tracer loses due to blink being horizontal plane only) 4/6 have damage mitigation abilities/invulnerability (again, tracer is out but can regen health lost via recall).
    WM has one mobility ability which falls short at keeping any of the heroes sans tracer at bay for more than a second or two, and one damage ability which is dumb-fire and on a long cooldown.

Nearly a full third of all heroes can counter Widow by design.
    Last edited by WskyDK; 2016-06-19 at 10:53 PM.

And she is already.
    So it's fine then?

10+ Year Old Account
    So it's fine then?
    Yes.

10 chars.

Yes.

10 chars.
    You realize he was saying it's fine to nerf her HP since those heroes you said would kill her....already kill her, so nothing would change with those ones.

So yeah...she needs a health nerf.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    You realize he was saying it's fine to nerf her HP since those heroes you said would kill her....already kill her, so nothing would change with those ones.

So yeah...she needs a health nerf.
    So nah, she doesn't need a health nerf.

Her toolkit leaves her at a disadvantage to virtually everyone but builders and some support.

So nah, she doesn't need a health nerf.

Her toolkit leaves her at a disadvantage to virtually everyone but builders and some support.
    So let me get this straight.

You are fine with her being able to 1 shot nearly every hero in the game with a headshot and be able to basically turn into a Soldier 76 at close range with her health pool and assault rifle?

She needs to pick one: Long range and high damage at the cost of health, or lower damage but higher health. She shouldn't have it all.

She needs Zenyatta level health.

10+ Year Old Account
    She doesn't turn into S76 at close range. You understand that her SMG has horrendous accuracy? Nor can she heal like S76 can.

10+ Year Old Account
    So let me get this straight.

You are fine with her being able to 1 shot nearly every hero in the game with a headshot and be able to basically turn into a Soldier 76 at close range with her health pool and assault rifle?

She needs to pick one: Long range and high damage at the cost of health, or lower damage but higher health. She shouldn't have it all.

She needs Zenyatta level health.

She doesn't have it all. She has amazing long-range damage with headshot, good damage up close (inaccuracy of the SMG is appropriate) one singular escape tool on a 12 second CD, a proxy mine that does decent damage after its arm time, and is on a 15 second CD.

She's fine after the nerfs.
    Last edited by WskyDK; 2016-06-20 at 12:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    mediocre damage up close (requiring her to hit every round, reload, and empty half her mag again- to kill a 200hp hero)
    Err, what? She has 30 ammo, 10 RPS, and deals 13 damage/ammo -> 130 dmg/10 ammo --> 390 dmg/mag.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Err, what? She has 30 ammo, 10 RPS, and deals 13 damage/ammo -> 130 dmg/10 ammo --> 390 dmg/mag.
    Yeah, had to edit.
    Was thinking of the 10rps

The inaccuracy of the SMG generally prevents every round from hitting (probably closer to half at anything past spitting distance)

She's a sniper.

I'd disagree to some degree, she should and is definitely at a disadvantage but she shouldn't just flat out die with how insanely easy it can be for certain heroes to flank you. You're very team dependent on preventing that from happening, but in the event that they don't its a joke to reach a widow on a handful of the heroes.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    You've played against some terrible D.Vas I see.

If Widowmaker is LUCKY she survives, and breaking a sniper out of her nest is far from accomplishing nothing. That is actually an immense benefit to your team. And D.Va is SUPPOSED to be behind enemy lines chasing and being chased, that's what she DOES.

Widowmaker is extremely vulnerable to D.Va and the only thing that can really save her is the rest of her team.

Winston's cannon requires no aiming so you can't dodge it though. Very strong versus some heroes, like Symmetra's main attack. I do agree he's a bit weak though.

I don't know why you'd say she's a weaker Mercy, if Mercy's using her shitty pistol she's not healing either. And you don't pick her as a tank - you pick her as a backline disruption hero. If you're only using her as a damage sponge then you're using her wrong. And Hana's pistol damage is nice but it's just a bonus, you mostly shoot things to recharge the mech. You can finish off low HP heroes or even fully kill them if they can't manage to hit her (she's pretty small), but usually you're just putting pressure out and causing further disruption.

D.Va annihilates Mercy, incidentally.
    Dva is only good close range, and because of her huge body it's rather easy to snipe her down by the time she's flown up to you. That goes for both Hanzo and Widowmaker, and it does not matter how good the Dva is, if hanzo and widow are swapping their spots oftenly, there's not much dva can do.

Also half the games I'm in, run with a reaper, he takes literally 0 effort to destroy her mech and herself within one clip.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I'd disagree to some degree, she should and is definitely at a disadvantage but she shouldn't just flat out die with how insanely easy it can be for certain heroes to flank you. You're very team dependent on preventing that from happening, but in the event that they don't its a joke to reach a widow on a handful of the heroes.
    Every hero has counters, that's why as a sniper you location is everything, a lot of snipers are too offensively positioned and it leaves them extremely vulnerable to heroes like Genji and reaper. Also the surprise element is important too, never remain in the same position too long, it's bound to get a reaper or genji in your face lol.

- - - Updated - - -

No but your stupid idea would make her horrible against any possible match up. Thank god you aren't balancing things.
    Last edited by mmoc925aeb179c; 2016-06-20 at 12:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    Dva is only good close range, and because of her huge body it's rather easy to snipe her down by the time she's flown up to you. That goes for both Hanzo and Widowmaker, and it does not matter how good the Dva is, if hanzo and widow are swapping their spots oftenly, there's not much dva can do.

Also half the games I'm in, run with a reaper, he takes literally 0 effort to destroy her mech and herself within one clip.
    What actually happens is, Widowmaker fires on me, that shows me where she is, I duck into cover, heal if necessary then find a good position to charge her sniper nest from. With defensive matrix up. There is literally nothing she can do about it. Seriously, D.Va eats Widowmaker alive. You got some potshots at my mech? Bully for you. Meanwhile I know where you are, and I'm coming for you. I have a very particular set of skills that make me a nightmare for heroes like Widowmaker :P

Hanzo is actually considerably more threatening than Widowmaker, thanks to his skill arrow he can sometimes 1v1 you before you can take him down. Widow is no threat.

Reaper is a pain, you don't try to take a Reaper 1v1 in close quarters. Mostly I ignore Reapers unless they're low on HP or in a bad position. You can easily escape them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently people think that when you get shot as D.Va by Widowmaker, you get triggered, pop defense matrix and boosters and fly where tracer round shows you her location.
    That's not how it works.

To be fair, when someone like Hanzo fires fucking logs at your already giant crit box and have great mobility you are not going to have a great time.

Also, if you are not completely borking your aim, you can kill Reaper at point blank. Especially when he is "oh i'm so sneaky" with his loud as fuck teleport. *ding* *ding* *ding* headshots and Reaper is no more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.