Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    I'm proud to be a straight white male, yet I don't march on streets.
    Probably something to do with not having a history of persecution for being a straight white male like the LGBTQ community has.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    If parades bother you don't life near a big city, if this particular one bothers you considering you were first talking about 'stuck in traffic' what means every parade should frustrates you what doesn't seem to case since you suddenly spoke of participating yet your frustration is the traffic jams, what doesn't imply you participate with them, what does make you come across homophobic.

It's one day in the year how much discomfort can this really cause. If you life and/or work near a big city you have parades, protests almost every week or every two weeks. Might be better to move elsewhere if crowds and events bother you honestly.
    I do think that protests and demonstrations are stupid too, but at least I see a reason behind them. In this case - I dont. Also, I would love to live in very small city, but I unfortunately cannot - my line of work is directly tied to the big city life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    I do think that protests and demonstrations are stupid too, but at least I see a reason behind them. In this case - I dont. Also, I would love to live in very small city, but I unfortunately cannot - my line of work is directly tied to the big city life.
    You see the meaning behind a protest/demonstration but not a demonstration/protest for better gay rights in Turkey.

huh?

Everyday another bullshit to be disgusted with erdogan, and be ashamed of the country. A good fucking job really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    To be fair I think all of them are asinine, you probably don't get a chance to hear about people not liking the others because nobody talks about them. However that said something talking about promoting rights of any sort shouldn't hinder the lives of others. "EQUAL RIGHTS, EQUAL RIGHTS, WE WANT EQUAL RIGHTS! NOW BOW DOWN BEFORE ME AND FUCK YOUR TRAFFIC BECAUSE I'M MORE EQUAL THAN YOOOOOOU!"
    And this parade is hindering in what way? They require permissions, and drivers get an early notice. It's not a flash mob that appears out of nowhere, nor a violent protest.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2016-06-20 at 12:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair I think all of them are asinine, you probably don't get a chance to hear about people not liking the others because nobody talks about them. However that said something talking about promoting rights of any sort shouldn't hinder the lives of others. "EQUAL RIGHTS, EQUAL RIGHTS, WE WANT EQUAL RIGHTS! NOW BOW DOWN BEFORE ME AND FUCK YOUR TRAFFIC BECAUSE I'M MORE EQUAL THAN YOOOOOOU!"
    Uh what? So people demonstrating for rights is a hindrance to you? Should they just sit at home and do nothing? No one is saying to bow down before them.

So you think this is fabulous? I think it's rather disgusting but hey, opinions are opinions.

You're disgusted by two men kissing?

Omg!!! So disgusting!!!

Deleted
    Maybe because unlike most other parades, this one is really hard to participate or relate to, if you're not gay. This stuff is really only about gay people: those who really are homophobic dont give a damn about those parades and normal people are just frustrated.
    You are just an homophobic asshole, people like you plague the earth with such disgusting attitude.

- - - Updated - - -

So you think this is fabulous? I think it's rather disgusting but hey, opinions are opinions.

Your existence disgusts me.

Infracted - minor flaming
    Last edited by Crissi; 2016-06-20 at 01:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyones entitled to their opinions. But they must also understand their opinions can be called into scrutiny and judged just as much.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    You see the meaning behind a protest/demonstration but not a demonstration/protest for better gay rights in Turkey.

huh?
    Except gay pride parades are not protests for better gay rights. I've never seen one. They are always celebration of them being different, which I'm fine with, but in my book in a lot of countries LGBT comminity is fighting for privelege, not equality (and I'm not implying it's like that in Turkey).

but in my book in a lot of countries LGBT comminity is fighting for privelege, not equality .
    No, they're not. That's a dumb thing to say. Now go away.

Except gay pride parades are not protests for better gay rights. I've never seen one. They are always celebration of them being different, which I'm fine with, but in my book in a lot of countries LGBT comminity is fighting for privelege, not equality (and I'm not implying it's like that in Turkey).
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA..... HAHAHAHAHAHHA~!!!!

We don't have equality let alone anyway to fight for "privilege

Deleted
    but in my book in a lot of countries LGBT comminity is fighting for privelege, not equality (and I'm not implying it's like that in Turkey).
    That is just silly. LGBT people are still far away from equality in many, MANY countries.

For example, even in my country (which is part of Western Europe mind you), same-sex marriage is still not possible. And yet we are definitely one of the better countries in regards to equality. Which is really not a good sign.
    But I am sure you can state at least one case of privilege "the community" is fighting for, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiacus View Post
    Always wondering why there's no 'straight parades' going on. It's just me, that I don't feel the need to show the world I prefer women?

My idea is that gays should go the same way. Just don't waste my time using streets for your exhibitionism and live like you feel is right for you. As long as you don't evade my space and don't waste my time with all that "omg they don't like us [cry]" stuff, I'm OK with you.

Like any other thing in the world, there will be people liking you and people that hate you. It's how the world works. Move on.
    This is the exact reason why gay pride exists. Because there are people out there that hate gay people(stupid muslims), the same cannot be said for straight people obviously. It probably took 2 seconds for most people to realize this though.

What's disgusting about two attractive people kissing? LOL

Your insecurities are showing

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think you've actually seen a gay pride

- - - Updated - - -

Perhaps you should become a hermit if traffic torments you so. I mean seriously i've heard some crazy reasons for hating but traffic? That's just embarrassing

10+ Year Old Account
    But this is about a parade in Turkey, and Turkey has far from equal rights.

So i'm still confused.

And in cities like Amsterdam, its just huge multiple-day event for fun. It attracts a ton of tourism at the same time.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amsterdam_Gay_Pride
    Last edited by JohnBrown1917; 2016-06-20 at 03:59 PM.

But this is about a parade in Turkey, and Turkey has far from equal rights.

So i'm still confused.
    He's just been salty because nobody takes him to Pride

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA..... HAHAHAHAHAHHA~!!!!

We don't have equality let alone anyway to fight for "privilege
    Depends on the country, with the 2nd highest acceptance of gay marriage in the world here, its really hard to argue we still got big problems in the Netherlands.
    Among the adult, native, population at least.

Amsterdam is probably the gayest city on earth lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Funny that Turkey is seriously considered for EU membership in the future, with such trends happening there.
    Misinformation. These among other reasons such as press freedom, anti terror laws, basic rule of lawe etc. are why Turkey wont set foot in the EU until Sultan Erdo and his banana republic quialify for basic criterias of being a member.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Depends on the country, with the 2nd highest acceptance of gay marriage in the world here, its really hard to argue we still got big problems in the Netherlands.
    Among the adult, native, population at least.

Amsterdam is probably the gayest city on earth lol.
    In said countries I feel it's more a middle finger to homophobes plus a celebration of diversity and acceptance. Pride is also an excellent place for people adjusting to their sexuality and free to be themselves without fear