Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    There needs to be some serious atheist vigilante justice dished out.

The passiveness of the normal people letting this shit go on is part of the problem. Yes it will probably escalate to something worse but in all honesty that is all these rabid fundamentalists will understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Revik View Post
    There needs to be some serious atheist vigilante justice dished out.

The passiveness of the normal people letting this shit go on is part of the problem. Yes it will probably escalate to something worse but in all honesty that is all these rabid fundamentalists will understand.
    The problem is the normal people think that the fundamentalists are doing the right thing.....

7+ Year Old Account
    Eventually, with things like this happening, something will give. 9/11, San Bernardino , Orlando , this incident ... I can only say this:

To Muslims who would never dream of doing such things: You are running out of time. The patience of even the most tolerant is not infinite. You must do all you can to moderate and reform your culture.

And may God help us all if any radical Islamist manages ever to detonate a nuclear device in a Western city. The response will make Satan weep.

I'm begging you, moderate and liberal Muslims, please help stop this.

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    A couple of friends of mine that have been stationed(army) in the middle east have a lot of strange stories about the about of bum-love that goes on among the locals that they dealt with. Anecdotal, of course.
    Not sure about the rest, but reference to ass fucking is probably one of the most common form of cursing in Turkish. They probably don't use it in a literal sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    I don't think anyone is blaming all muslims, but the ideology of Islam certainly does have a part of the blame. The culture, mindset and worldview of the people in this case has been heavily influenced by Islam and the government in Turkey which is very much based on religious teachings (like most countries in the world). Where did they get the idea that drinking beer was bad during the Ramadan? Where did they get the idea of the Ramadan to begin with? Most muslims are never doing anything insane like these people (heck there are 1.6 billion of them, if they were it would be insane), but criticizing the ideology is not that same as blaming all muslims.
    You yourself mention how most Muslims would never do something insane like these people. So why are these few deranged idiots being used to claim that there is something wrong with Islam? Islam introduces the idea of Ramadan, yes (well, not really, it existed before Islam), and the prohibition of alcoholic beverages. It doesn't say anywhere that you should attack people who don't adhere to those rules. The Muslims who are not doing anything against people drinking during Ramadan are in the right, not these guys. It's unfair to blame the religion for something the religion does not ask their followers to do. Any ideology or political/theological view can be hijacked for bad stuff with bad reasoning.

Also, the Turkish government is not based on religious teachings more than any other modern country. There are no laws at all that correlate with religious laws. Sure, some laws might be inspired by religion just like here in the west but it's not a sharia law country, far from it.

Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    Here is something people REALLY REALLY REALLY need to stop saying.

a)its just the radicals, not the whole religion of Islam. This is false. Yes, even in Islam we have radicals, but mainstream itself have values that does not fit well with western society. Islam is a group think religion, it does not have consideration for personal choice. In Islamic societies, you are not suppose to consume alcohol, selling it either is not allowed. You can not even allow your neighbor to drink it. Its the whole communities sin that counts, not just individual sin.
    Absolute bullshit. Islam puts an extremely heavy emphasis on individual responsibility. Yes, it recommends its followers to also guide others to do the right (Islamic) thing, but it is by no means so that if you don't stop your neighbor from popping open that bottle of Heineken that you're going to be punished in the Islamic version of the afterlife for it. You'd be rewarded if you do stop him from doing so though (obviously by means of peaceful persuasion and not by threatening him). With your logic, Muslims in the west would be pretty much doomed because there's unislamic stuff going on all around them and it's impossible for them to really do anything about it.

b)Another mainstream value is, no Muslim could EVER allow non muslims to be their overseer. Offcourse, in the west it falls apart due to practicality. Muslims are not majority in the west. So, our values are somewhat different than muslims in REST of the World. If we become majority, non muslims won't be our equal. We will tolerate you as second class citizen, and we will consider it as merciful.
    First of all, this is not entirely true either. Plenty of Muslims work in Muslim countries for foreign companies and foreign bosses. Secondly, how is this any different from the West? Do you think the mainstream community in the West is that excited to have a Muslim as their president or their boss? They'd have just as much problems with it as a mainstream Muslim in an Islamic country having to take orders from a non-Muslim.

c)Islam has no limit to underage marriage. as long as the girl starts menustration she is a woman. It is followed by ALL muslim countries. However, in west we TRY to be practical. But if the scandal in U.K. any indication, we have not changed much.
    Again, completely wrong. First of all, as you say Islam itself does put an underage limit on marriage as it requires girls to at least have hit puberty before marrying. That's a step up from a lot of religions. They also need to give consent for the marriage and anything that happens within it, so as long as a girl says no she cannot be married Islamically to someone. Besides that, saying it is followed by all Muslim countries is just straight up uninformed. Many Muslim countries have higher ages of consent than many western countries, and also have a higher minimum age to get married.

d)Slavery and classism is still accepted by Muslims. Britain saw importation of young girls and boys from Nepal right after the earthquake.
    No it isn't, where are you getting this from? There's modern forms of slavery in the Islamic world, I won't deny that but saying all Muslims accept or support it is just straight up ridiculous.

e)muslims HATE homosexuality even in teh West. NO muslims in existance celebrates homosexuality like west. Most tolerant muslims be indifferent to it. but never accept. Most would like to kill them. See the documentary what muslims really think. First gen. absolutely hates the homosexuals, second gen. indifferent to it, third gen is starting to accpet it, but due to first gen. outnumbering the third gen, and second, gen, being indifferent, homosexuals going to get killed.
    And Muslims are the only one? How tolerant are Christians or right wingers towards homosexuals? Face it, homosexuality is not appreciated by the majority of people in the world and Muslims are just part of that overwhelming worldwide majority who dislike homosexuality. Why should they be celebrating homosexuality anyway? As long as they don't harm homosexuals that is enough. I'm from the west and I don't celebrate homosexuality either, why the hell would I? I'm not a homosexual and don't have homosexual friends that I feel like standing up for or something.

f)Here is the starkest and MOST important thing to remembers. Muslims in the WEST want Muslim communities to be run by muslims indepenently without interference from nonmuslims. We consider that a good thing, we want to leave you alone, the same way we want you to leave us alone. Basicly, mini country. We all consider that a good thing. Except, this is a secular country. This is your country. There should be only one set of laws. Thus, we are bound to conflict. Oh, the conflict that would be caused by this will be blamed on you even if it is your country.
    Last but not LEAST, if you want to know the TRUE nature of MUSLIMS, you need to take a look at Muslims countries. This is where we are not restrained by other powers and other socities. It is the true face of Islam and Muslims without deception, PC, or any other kind of shit.
    Again, wrong. Yes there are certain Muslim communities in Western countries who run their own shadow sharia courts and whatever, but saying all Muslims want this is ridiculous. The guys who do this are isolated communities. A lot of muslims are happy they don't have to deal with the laws present in certain Islamic countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Clearly these muslims didn't read that part. Hopefully with the video evidence they can get these scumbags in jail where they belong.

What is with all these muslims lately that are adamantly convinced people that aren't of their religion need to follow their rules anyway? I've never been assaulted by a jew for not fasting during their holidays.
    Yes, because there have never been stories of radical Jews in Israel forcing their will upon others there. /s

You've never been assaulted by a Jew for not fasting during their holiday, great. Have you been assaulted by a Muslim for not doing so? No, I didn't think so either. You can't use personal experience for one side of the coin and public news reports for the other one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    He and his supporters were willing to murder and pillage to spread their influence, an attitude that became the core tenet of Islam's teachings.

I genuinely wish you luck though. It's not easy being progressive (truly progressive, unlike certain folks here who claim to be so...) in a society where the punishment for apostasy is death.
    Thank you. My point was that even a small number of people can make a big difference, hence Islam itself which started with a very small number of followers.
    The Middle East is not all equally bad. I am lucky to live in Dubai. Had I been brought up in Saudi or Iran, it would have been a different story.
    I know what you mean when they claim they are open minded, but when you inspect their views closely, they turn out to be right wing conservatives at best or religious extremists at worst.

Deleted
    Those are your non-radical muslims, love em.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    Eventually, with things like this happening, something will give. 9/11, San Bernardino , Orlando , this incident ... I can only say this:

To Muslims who would never dream of doing such things: You are running out of time. The patience of even the most tolerant is not infinite. You must do all you can to moderate and reform your culture.

And may God help us all if any radical Islamist manages ever to detonate a nuclear device in a Western city. The response will make Satan weep.

I'm begging you, moderate and liberal Muslims, please help stop this.
    Sorry, but terror groups or individuals will never get me to generalize an entire group of 1.5 Billion people.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Sorry, but terror groups or individuals will never get me to generalize an entire group of 1.5 Billion people.
    What happened to you Gilrak? Are you being sarcastic or too high?

Deleted
    Wonder how long it will be until Erdogan and his political party get assassinated by the ones opposing them.

It is simply disgusting. But it also show how spineless they are. There are other bars cafes places where people openly drinking dancing but they couldn't touch those people as there are body guards. But this little cd store which was run by a south Korean man had nobody except few guys in it. All bark no bite really. Those morons are just cowards. Why they don't go Besiktas and try to do the same? or any other those bars? Adamin gotune sokarlar o sopalari borulari : "people would shove those pipes, bottles up their assholes" roughly translates.

I don't know if you have seen that Korean man's tears after the shit happened but I am fucking ashamed. If what they believe is true, no amount of fasting, praying can save them in after life. If it saves, well fuck their god as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    I don't know if you have seen that Korean man's tears after the shit happened but I am fucking ashamed. If what they believe is true, no amount of fasting, praying can save them in after life. If it saves, well fuck their god as well.
    Nice point. You sound like come from a Turkish background. Just how widespread is this sort of intolerant fanatic Islam in Turkish society? If it is widespread, then it makes you question whether Turkey should be allowed to join the EU. The EU is a tolerant pluralistic society. A Turkey which is swinging towards radical Islam would not fit in.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    As I learned from the Orlando thread, not all Muslims trashed that store, so stop noticing patterns or you're a racist.
    You know that Islam is not a race right?

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?
    Thank you for the new sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow how surprising
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

10+ Year Old Account
    As I learned from the Orlando thread, not all Muslims trashed that store, so stop noticing patterns or you're a racist.
    Funny how I used to think your posts were interesting and unbiased. But it turns out you can't control yourself, thanks for showing your true colors.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2016-06-20 at 01:03 AM.

funny part, the record store in the elite area (really luxuary), probably lot of citizen there , just dont care about ramadan.

btw, 2 of them (attackers) court released them. Turkey has muslim population, but lot of them just in name, they dont do much religious things.

Quote Originally Posted by Astronom View Post
    Nice point. You sound like come from a Turkish background. Just how widespread is this sort of intolerant fanatic Islam in Turkish society? If it is widespread, then it makes you question whether Turkey should be allowed to join the EU. The EU is a tolerant pluralistic society. A Turkey which is swinging towards radical Islam would not fit in.
    it is exactly divided in half. %50 percent is akp followers. Rest hates the akp. Really country is so divided at the moment. Nobody can speak freely because everybody is afraid of others. What if that person is akp supporter, what if he is not. But the problem is akp controls everything because of other %50 percent tolerance in the past. In this country nobody got the privilege and tolerance of religious people since the foundation. Now secular %50 is suffering its tolerance and acceptance. And the more educated that secular %50 the more divided they are in views. Thus there is no chance in hell akp will be thrown legally. Everybody votes for another party within that secular educated %50. The rest is simply mindless morons. They follow whatever the bullshit erdogan and his clowns spews.

Rightnow our highschools are turned into imam hatip (religious schools) one by one. Last generation of secular highschoolers are opposing protesting together with families. But to no avail. There are victories here and there but schools and their education is chaning rapidly. THey send the secular modern teachers away and replace with akp teachers. They forbid students to join any national, scientific event but force students to go to akp or religious events by orders of city governors. We are in deepshit. The country is going downhill.

A few years ago you have seen the gezi protests in istanbul. That is the bright %50 of turkey. secular modern part of turkey. We are here but oppressed so hard. and I mean it. A latest example, somebody at the latest funeral of a soldier died during his service, somebody (akp follower) out a bullet in front of opposition party leader. This person is not even arrested and before he put that, he was taken pictures together with the president, talking to his ear etc just in the same funeral. Imagine somebody put that bullet in front of erdogan. What would happen?

With that said I want europe so stand straight don't bow to erdogans bullshit. They fucked turkeys all friends foreign policy into 0 friends policy. Can dundar recently gave a speech in eu commission and he was welcomed with president protocol. His interviews explains better in the meantime pissing off erdogan so hard.

But Islam isn't the problem!

/s

7+ Year Old Account
    Hope they get deported. Ungrateful pieces of shit