Deleted
    If they're is going to announce something, I think it'll be at Blizzcon, but any news is always welcome. I just hope that they will make legacy servers happen either way.

Blizzcon? I really doubt it. How would a vanilla promo video look on that big screen?

From the feedback I think sadly it's never going to be a reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Morbownz View Post
    Blizzcon? I really doubt it. How would a vanilla promo video look on that big screen?

From the feedback I think sadly it's never going to be a reality.
    Until something happens, I don't have much interest in retail WoW or Legions. Meh.

If they pass on this opportunity, I'd just as soon continue living without a subscription. Worked for previous years, since Cataclysm, the ruin of WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Until something happens, I don't have much interest in retail WoW or Legions. Meh.

If they pass on this opportunity, I'd just as soon continue living without a subscription. Worked for previous years, since Cataclysm, the ruin of WoW.
    *shrugs* you missed out on some good points in WoW since Cata, wasn't always perfect but there were some really good chunks in there. Not even attempting to play the game since Cata though? Come on now, what'd you read patch notes and just refuse to try it or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    *shrugs* you missed out on some good points in WoW since Cata, wasn't always perfect but there were some really good chunks in there. Not even attempting to play the game since Cata though? Come on now, what'd you read patch notes and just refuse to try it or what?
    He's acting like a spoiled little kid throwing a temper tantrum because he was told "no", just ignore him and he'll move on

Quote Originally Posted by Vichan View Post
    He's acting like a spoiled little kid throwing a temper tantrum because he was told "no", just ignore him and he'll move on
    I mean I just find it funny for someone to say from Cata onwards there was no gameplay worth subbing to or worth buying the expansion. By not even playing it he really disqualifies himself from giving an opinion on what parts of the game were good or not in my eyes.

I mean I just find it funny for someone to say from Cata onwards there was no gameplay worth subbing to or worth buying the expansion. By not even playing it he really disqualifies himself from giving an opinion on what parts of the game were good or not in my eyes.
    I dunno.

I personally found the game got better mechanically with every expansion. Legion may break that trend, though. Some of the class remakes are obnoxious as fuck.
    Content wise? People don't know what they want. I'll agree that the mop/wod transition with 9999999 dailies to 2-3 was a bit extreme, but that's what people campaigned for. Legion's world quests seem interesting as a system, so there's hopes for that.

MMO-Champ forum posters are entertaining. Everyone knows so much about things they've never experienced. I guess that's just the beast we're dealing with.

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    I dunno.

I personally found the game got better mechanically with every expansion. Legion may break that trend, though. Some of the class remakes are obnoxious as fuck.
    Content wise? People don't know what they want. I'll agree that the mop/wod transition with 9999999 dailies to 2-3 was a bit extreme, but that's what people campaigned for. Legion's world quests seem interesting as a system, so there's hopes for that.

MMO-Champ forum posters are entertaining. Everyone knows so much about things they've never experienced. I guess that's just the beast we're dealing with.
    Yeah I mean I've experienced each expansion along with Vanilla and Cata had solid raiding and I loved the dungeons (before they were nerfed), MoP had the first version of LFR which I thought was done well, scenarios which was some easy content for people to do, excellent raiding and introduced pet battling so plenty of varied things to do. WoD we know was a dud in many aspects but again raiding wasn't one of them, the leveling portion was well done just failed in giving things to do on a consistent basis and then had a huge content lull for raiders.

Legion is shaping up well by having something that will keep people busy in artifact weapons, professions don't seem as good as I hoped but we'll see when it launches. I'm hype for mythic+ dungeons and I feel raiding will be solid. If they can cut down on huge chunks of dead periods by having few content lulls and give us more stuff to do with timely patches I think they could have a winner. Will it hit 10mil+ subs again? I doubt it, but I don't think they'll tell us sub numbers again so we can only guess at that.

I'm hopeful for the game to keep advancing and see what new things they can come up with. On your comment about getting better mechanically over the years there is no question. I do wonder if some of the specs took a step backwards as in some ways I don't love the new balance spec though I am intrigued by Disc priest for my alt. Some of the remakes do look like they suck but hopefully if they do suck they get quick changes. Either way it is new and fresh things to look forward to.

Yeah I mean I've experienced each expansion along with Vanilla and Cata had solid raiding and I loved the dungeons (before they were nerfed), MoP had the first version of LFR which I thought was done well, scenarios which was some easy content for people to do, excellent raiding and introduced pet battling so plenty of varied things to do. WoD we know was a dud in many aspects but again raiding wasn't one of them, the leveling portion was well done just failed in giving things to do on a consistent basis and then had a huge content lull for raiders.

Legion is shaping up well by having something that will keep people busy in artifact weapons, professions don't seem as good as I hoped but we'll see when it launches. I'm hype for mythic+ dungeons and I feel raiding will be solid. If they can cut down on huge chunks of dead periods by having few content lulls and give us more stuff to do with timely patches I think they could have a winner. Will it hit 10mil+ subs again? I doubt it, but I don't think they'll tell us sub numbers again so we can only guess at that.

I'm hopeful for the game to keep advancing and see what new things they can come up with. On your comment about getting better mechanically over the years there is no question. I do wonder if some of the specs took a step backwards as in some ways I don't love the new balance spec though I am intrigued by Disc priest for my alt. Some of the remakes do look like they suck but hopefully if they do suck they get quick changes. Either way it is new and fresh things to look forward to.
    Tbqh professions have been shit since Vanilla.
    You were either the guy with a couple rare patterns and people came to you... or you sat in trade and spammed a macro.
    Or you gathered. Lol.
    Then, when professions gave combat bonuses, you pretty much couldn't have a gathering profession if you wanted people to take you seriously, which was super fun
    Grinding 2 professions and needing a herb/mining/skin mule was fun

Tbqh professions have been shit since Vanilla.
    You were either the guy with a couple rare patterns and people came to you... or you sat in trade and spammed a macro.
    Or you gathered. Lol.
    Then, when professions gave combat bonuses, you pretty much couldn't have a gathering profession if you wanted people to take you seriously, which was super fun
    Grinding 2 professions and needing a herb/mining/skin mule was fun
    Hey professions were great in TBC! JC <3 and it wasn't even the super hard to get professions for most of it, gems were king! Yeah there were plenty of ups and downs in professions, no argument here. Though I'm reading the BoP mat in Legion because I don't do gathering, that is for the poor people to do.

Hey professions were great in TBC! JC <3 and it wasn't even the super hard to get professions for most of it, gems were king! Yeah there were plenty of ups and downs in professions, no argument here. Though I'm reading the BoP mat in Legion because I don't do gathering, that is for the poor people to do.
    TBC was probably the most horrid one, as far as I can remember.
    There was a JC on my realm who sat at gold cap and actively bought all patterns (all, whether or not he had them) so he'd be the sole gemcutter.
    Yeah I'll pass on that shit.

Thankfully he was in my guild and cut gems for free but yeah that was awful. I remember forcing people to come to darnassus for anything engineered (I think I had most of the rare patterns back then) for the lols.

Not to mention, the horrid, horrid material costs for everything. Felsteel crafted item? ha.

Mostly I think people are just salty that they can't get combine fees (tips lol) anymore.

TBC was probably the most horrid one, as far as I can remember.
    There was a JC on my realm who sat at gold cap and actively bought all patterns (all, whether or not he had them) so he'd be the sole gemcutter.
    Yeah I'll pass on that shit.

Thankfully he was in my guild and cut gems for free but yeah that was awful. I remember forcing people to come to darnassus for anything engineered (I think I had most of the rare patterns back then) for the lols.

Not to mention, the horrid, horrid material costs for everything. Felsteel crafted item? ha.

Mostly I think people are just salty that they can't get combine fees (tips lol) anymore.
    On my server I was the King Moonkin and slept in the Orgrimmar bank and had people come to me. I wasn't the only one with the patterns but my policy was never charge anyone and let them tip whatever they felt was fair be it 0 gold or 100gold. I 8 time gold capped before the expansion ended. A lot of the good patterns near the end were reputation based from raiding, as we know that wasn't a wonderful formula because it shut so many people out. Though most gems I cut were just the rare ones, that is what people mainly wanted.

I think this expansion might be near TBC as far as needing to find other people to get things crafted thanks to annoying BoP materials. We'll see what happens though, I still hope they change their minds on what I call 'the stupid thing they had to change in WotLK because BoP mats are stupid as hell.

On my server I was the King Moonkin and slept in the Orgrimmar bank and had people come to me. I wasn't the only one with the patterns but my policy was never charge anyone and let them tip whatever they felt was fair be it 0 gold or 100gold. I 8 time gold capped before the expansion ended. A lot of the good patterns near the end were reputation based from raiding, as we know that wasn't a wonderful formula because it shut so many people out. Though most gems I cut were just the rare ones, that is what people mainly wanted.

I think this expansion might be near TBC as far as needing to find other people to get things crafted thanks to annoying BoP materials. We'll see what happens though, I still hope they change their minds on what I call 'the stupid thing they had to change in WotLK because BoP mats are stupid as hell.
    Yeah when BT hit that guy (he was a social) begged us to let him come for trash to get the rep for patterns.

I could see that re: goldcap. I've always been too lazy to care about professions, probably why I like WoD's system so much.

So did that clowns finally make their statement or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    So did that clowns finally make their statement or not?
    Which one? Whether they will have old servers or not? They aren't going to make it anytime soon. (Because they can't say "yes, we'll have them" - having them is too difficult - and they can't say "no, we won't have them ever" - because they don't want to alienate anyone, plus who knows, maybe they'll get around to adding them when live numbers will get even worse than they currently are.)

They had a 5 hour meeting and reported they have something big to announce 'next week'. So i wanna know if they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    They had a 5 hour meeting and reported they have something big to announce 'next week'. So i wanna know if they did.
    Yes they did. They posted a wrap-up of the meeting on their site, there hasnt been anything more of substance since.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Yes they did. They posted a wrap-up of the meeting on their site, there hasnt been anything more of substance since.
    Didn't they say there was a surprise announcement coming the "next week" after they had their blizzard visit?

Quote Originally Posted by Nayami View Post
    Nostalrius return confirmed
    What, is it 2007 again?