Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    Well, yes, this is what makes getting a representative sample so hard. Still, once you reach a certain minimum size, just adding more data points isn't going to be your best gain.

It's also why I tend to ignore a lot of national polls, particularly those that get quoted on any kind of major media outlet... they're so easy to twist that it's hard to rely on them for anything.
    I wish more people understood the basics like this. It's why I have a problem with using 8000 people to represent a country (or continent) the size of the US. It's never going to be accurate and if they asked 8000 other people, they'd probably end up with completely different results. When you start hitting the 100,000+ range though, it has more weight to it, even if still some what inaccurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    People generally don't go to nearly the same lengths to rationalize it away or victim blame when it comes to other crimes.
    What about corporate crimes, or anything systemic?

Basically a culture where rape isn't illegal.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    Clearly we live in an Alien Abduction Culture

Victims of alien abduction are often not believed and are asked to provide evidence of their abductions = victim blaming #listenandbelieve
    So you literally believe rape doesn't exist?
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    So you literally believe rape doesn't exist?
    Rape is a serious accusation, that has boiled down in most Modern Civilizations and refered Situations of Feminists, from Violent Overstepping and Severe Sexual Assault, to mere "I didn't agree to this".

Which, again, is what Xarim is poking fun at.

Technically, the range of rape is very broad spectrum, but mostly, the "lighter" side of things (i.e, a girl changes her mind and says it was totally rape, cuz, she changed her mind) - are shunned and mocked, by a lot of people. Since it's bloody absurd.

Whilst, the real people, who actually DO get raped and severely impacted - Get the mockery of the idea of that everyone is being "eye-raped" by mere Men looking at them, be that projection of their own standards or not.
    Last edited by mmoc411114546c; 2016-06-20 at 01:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Where the fuck is rape "normalized" or "excused?"
    I don't think this place exists unless we are talking about people who are operating as fugitives.
    Bill Cosby, Dr. Luke, Johnny Depp, Sandusky, Steubenville. There are plenty of examples of people who rape and then are excused or protected by their communities.

If you're curious about what "rape culture" is, I would recommend seeing the Bojack Horseman episode "Hank After Dark". One of my favorites.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    Rape is a serious accusation, that has boiled down in most Modern Civilizations and refered Situations of Feminists, from Violent Overstepping and Severe Sexual Assault, to mere "I didn't agree to this".
    Which doesn't happen.

Technically, the range of rape is very broad spectrum, but mostly, the "lighter" side of things (i.e, a girl changes her mind and says it was totally rape, cuz, she changed her mind) - are shunned and mocked, by a lot of people. Since it's bloody absurd.
    This also doesn't happen.

Whilst, the real people, who actually DO get raped and severely impacted - Get the mockery of the idea of that everyone is being "eye-raped" by mere Men looking at them, be that projection of their own standards or not.
    I get the feeling that the only rape you consider real is a "virtuous" (read: white) woman being raped by a "stranger in the bushes" (read: brown man).

Bill Cosby, Dr. Luke, Johnny Depp, Sandusky, Steubenville. There are plenty of examples of people who rape and then are excused or protected by their communities.

If you're curious about what "rape culture" is, I would recommend seeing the Bojack Horseman episode "Hank After Dark". One of my favorites.
    There is a difference between being 'excused of rape' and not having enough evidence to convict somebody for rape.

Which doesn't happen.

I get the feeling that the only rape you consider real is a "virtuous" (read: white) woman being raped by a "stranger in the bushes" (read: brown man).
    So the statistic that 1 in 5 women are raped is totally accurate and not based on unadulterated bologna then?
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    There is a difference between being 'excused of rape' and not having enough evidence to convict somebody for rape.
    What if I were to tell you that you don't have to believe everything the government tells you? I'm not obligated to like someone because some DA refused to bring charges? A DA, who I would remind you, is also part of the community in question.

So the statistic that 1 in 5 women are raped is totally accurate and not based on unadulterated bologna then?
    Consider you haven't proven otherwise... Or what it has to do with my post, for that matter.

Deleted

Which doesn't happen.

1) It does, there are statistics of False Accusations

2) See statement 1)

3) You getting the feeling of anything, is irrelevant in this context.

Which doesn't happen.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/sh...rticle/2589065

What if I were to tell you that you don't have to believe everything the government tells you? I'm not obligated to like someone because some DA refused to bring charges? A DA, who I would remind you, is also part of the community in question.
    So I am obligated to not believe the law when it says there isn't enough evidence, but I am obligated to believe you when you say that they definitely raped somebody simply because they were accused of it?

Consider you haven't proven otherwise... Or what it has to do with my post, for that matter.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0mzqL50I-w

It has to do with your post because these 'rape statistics' are flaunted around but are actually based on nonsense polling, where things like regretting having sex or somebody touching your butt on accident goes through the PC filter system and winds up being called 'rape' just because some few individuals somewhere decided that their personal experiences qualified as 'sexual assault'.

1) It does, there are statistics of False Accusations
    No one has ever accused another person of rape in earnest over a disagreement.

2) See statement 1)
    How do you know what people are thinking?

3) You getting the feeling of anything, is irrelevant in this context.
    I'm not seeing a denial.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not seeing the terms "disagreement" or "changed her mind" in there.

Deleted

How do you know what people are thinking?

I'm not seeing a denial.
    -----^ Denial

Also, you contradicted yourself in about 2 sentances worth of length.

...You don't keep up with news do you?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...-after-8132616

So I am obligated to not believe the law when it says there isn't enough evidence, but I am obligated to believe you when you say that they definitely raped somebody simply because they were accused of it?
    Considering I have a better track record...

I'm not interested in giving Grandson of Akkad clicks, TYVM.

It has to do with your post because these 'rape statistics' are flaunted around but are actually based on nonsense polling, where things like regretting having sex or somebody touching your butt on accident goes through the PC filter system and winds up being called 'rape' just because some few individuals somewhere decided that their personal experiences qualified as 'sexual assault'.
    Yeah, that doesn't happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0mzqL50I-w

I forget which, but some college did a study and found that their statistics for rape claims was too low. So they are changing what counts as rape to include a lot of strange things.

This rape culture hysteria is something else. I mean, do people even consider how a person who was raped (as in fucked against their will) feel when you are harping about stare rape?

-----^ Denial

Also, you contradicted yourself in about 2 sentances worth of length.
    You didn't deny it. You said it was irrelevant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    ...You don't keep up with news do you?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...-after-8132616
    Quote Originally Posted by Zython
    I'm not seeing the terms "disagreement" or "changed her mind" in there.
    /10characters

Deleted
    You didn't deny it. You said it was irrelevant.
    Which it remains. Your perception of "A Good Track Record" in face of contradicting yourself in 2 sentances and blatently ignoring posts contradicting you, leaves you with Emotional Arguments. Which are irrelevant, in this context.

Which it remains. Your perception of "A Good Track Record" in face of contradicting yourself in 2 sentances and blatently ignoring posts contradicting you, leaves you with Emotional Arguments. Which are irrelevant, in this context.
    What contradictions? THey said there were rape accusations over regret or disagreement, and none of the examples show that. I mean, I get that you see what you want to see, but that doesn't make you right, fam.