Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    You realize this is entirely a subjective matter and that millions of people will play through these quests without ever once getting irritated, right?
    You realize that's an assumption you're making based on your own subjective opinion, right? No way to know how anyone other than you will react to something like the voice-over work for Vrykul in Legion. I think it sounds god awful, but if it doesn't bother you, that's fine. But unless you have a note signed by everyone, then i don't think you speak for "millions of people."

You realize this is entirely a subjective matter and that millions of people will play through these quests without ever once getting irritated, right?
    You realize that's an incredibly poor argument which can be applied to literally anything right?

• Millions of people live in North Korea, therefore there's nothing wrong with North Korea.
    • A country can commit genocide and millions of people may not ever once get irritated, therefore there's nothing wrong with genocide.
    • Many people are perfectly happy not to vaccinate their children, therefore there's nothing wrong with not vaccinating your children.

Almost anything in the world can be subjective from one perspective or another - doesn't mean everything is a good idea. No matter how you look at it, these sound files are just bad. They're neither pleasant, pleasing, realistic, or even similar to the Vrykul's base voices; I wouldn't even call them comical from a "haha" perspective, as I would goblins, though maybe from a sad sort of "oh god no" one.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    You realize that's an incredibly poor argument which can be applied to literally anything right?

• Millions of people live in North Korea, therefore there's nothing wrong with North Korea.
    • A country can commit genocide and millions of people may not ever once get irritated, therefore there's nothing wrong with genocide.
    • Many people are perfectly happy not to vaccinate their children, therefore there's nothing wrong with not vaccinating your children.

Almost anything in the world can be subjective from one perspective or another - doesn't mean everything is a good idea. No matter how you look at it, these sound files are just bad. They're neither pleasant, pleasing, realistic, or even similar to the Vrykul's base voices; I wouldn't even call them comical from a "haha" perspective, as I would goblins, though maybe from a sad sort of "oh god no" one.
    So you're comparing NPC voice acting to North Korea and genocide. Got it. Nobody knows your struggle.
    Beta Club Brosquad

So you're comparing NPC voice acting to North Korea and genocide. Got it. Nobody knows your struggle.
    The examples were intentionally ridiculous to make the point...

10+ Year Old Account
    Incidentally the voice files are still being modified. Up until just a few builds ago an NPC used the exact same voice actor as Lorewalker Cho (the name eludes me) but since has been edited with effects that make it sounds pretty cool.

The female (follower, not val'kyr) voice was added after this video, but it's just as bad.
    I think it sounds quite cool. Yes, it's stereotypical, exaggerated, but nevertheless cool. This kind of voice acting gives them a character.

Odyn, on the contrary, sounds much less charismatic.
    Last edited by ls-; 2016-06-20 at 02:12 AM.

Personally, I think the voice acting is terrible and doesn't do the Vrykul any justice.

Oh, come on. This is great!

BORK BORK BORK

The examples were intentionally ridiculous to make the point...
    The problem is that those examples are things that are objectively bad/wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Personally, I think the voice acting is terrible and doesn't do the Vrykul any justice.
    Noted, I guess.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    I think it sounds quite cool. Yes, it's stereotypical, exaggerated, but nevertheless cool. This kind of voice acting gives them a character.

Odyn, on the contrary, sounds much less charismatic.
    You'd love a Swede who is terrible at any other language than their own. :P

Wait, you mean Swedes don't actually say BORK BORK BORK!?

The Scottish accents on Dwarves are all over the place too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pakmanisgod View Post
    Incidentally the voice files are still being modified. Up until just a few builds ago an NPC used the exact same voice actor as Lorewalker Cho (the name eludes me) but since has been edited with effects that make it sounds pretty cool.
    Last time I was out there, Havi still sounded like Cho, which was disturbing imo. I hope you're right and they are going to fix it but I won't hold my breath. Think I'll go take a trip to Stormheim now and check though.

Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    You'd love a Swede who is terrible at any other language than their own. :P
    I currently live in Siam, here are quite many Swedes, both young and old, who suck at any other language, but theirs

Swedes are one of the biggest communities here, so many dun really need to speak even English.

I can't tell them apart!

Deleted
    I currently live in Siam, here are quite many Swedes, both young and old, who suck at any other language, but theirs

Swedes are one of the biggest communities here, so many dun really need to speak even English.
    Hah, then you have a wide market of Swedish Vrykul-looking warriors, eh? :P

Not that many, I'm guessing. Last time I checked, Sweden was actually the most proficient country in the entire world, in regards to english speakers (obviously not counting nations using english as their native tongue).

Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    Hah, then you have a wide market of Swedish Vrykul-looking warriors, eh? :P
    Not really Vrykul-looking, but some do sound this way, sorta, many dun trill Rs, but looong vooowels are spot on

The problem is that those examples are things that are objectively bad/wrong.
    According to many of those people, neither are the examples I gave. Such is the issue with waving away every issue by saying "such and such is subjective". Almost anything can be subjective to the right person.

Quote Originally Posted by Sama-81 View Post
    Not that many, I'm guessing. Last time I checked, Sweden was actually the most proficient country in the entire world, in regards to english speakers (obviously not counting nations using english as their native tongue).
    I was talking about Swedes who live in Siam, they DO NOT represent all Swedes out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    because swedish chef is near and dear to our ershky bershky heartshky weartskies
    QOTY
    /char