Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefsquatch View Post
    Good episode. But Jon made a huge tactical error that was COMPLETELY out of character. To top it off, that whole massacre could have been avoided if Sansa told Jon why he should wait..you know, for rohirrim char..i mean littlefinger.
    Do you think Ramsay would've come out if they had the knights of the vale there? Even if he did, the cavalry would've gotten smashed by that spear/shield wall if taken head on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melra View Post
    Do you think Ramsay would've come out if they had the knights of the vale there? Even if he did, the cavalry would've gotten smashed by that spear/shield wall if taken head on.
    Sure, they would have gotten smashed if they just charged the way they did. But, they would be two fairly equal armies. It would've been won by strategy and wits, not a surprise charge. That's what I wanted to see.
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    In fairness, he just watched his littlest brother, who he had tried so hard to save, get cut down in front of him.
    It was more that he ran towards Rickon in the first place. I get the emotion, but to have the commander be a sitting duck on the battlefield? I just don't think Jon is that dumb. Also what bothers me isn't necessarily that his army charged in at all, but that Jon rode on alone to try and grab Rickon. The scene would have made more sense if Rickon started running towards Jon's army and he watched in despair as Ramsay toyed with him and ultimate killed him.

Not a big deal to me, just felt a little off is all. Jon is definitely not an unemotional person. And overall I looooved the battle. They also could have lost if they didn't get encircled like that as being pinned down in that position is what enabled the Knights of the Vale to swoop in and wreck their shit haha.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by catablitz View Post
    Oh come on, when did Sansa learn politics? She grew up as royalty and was raised to marry a prince. She ended fucked up and that matured her. Let's not forget though that she doesn't give a fuck about her brothers. All she wanted was a seat. And I bet you she will turn against John.
    I never said it was the crowning achievement in development but it's not hard to believe. As she said, Rickon is the rightful heir to Winterfell and that makes him a far greater threat to Ramsay than her and Jon regardless of the outcome. She knows exactly what kind of person Ramsay is which is what she was trying to tell Jon that Rickon is lost regardless.

The first thing a new bloodline does is issue a decimation order against all rival bloodlines which is a callback to an earlier season when Robert Baratheon died and the subsequent purges (I think, it happened, but I forget the exact details). Ramsay simply chooses to play with his toys rather than outright destroy them otherwise he would have been dead long before the battle begun.

I'm actually surprised he wasn't used as a flayed centerpiece.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2016-06-20 at 03:01 AM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

So, where the fuck was Ghost, why wasnt he in the battle or better yet in the cage?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    So, where the fuck was Ghost, why wasnt he in the battle or better yet in the cage?
    I was asking the same thing. Haven't seen him since Jon was resurrected, now that I think about it.

Stood in the Fire buddhapunch09's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    ALRIGHT! Who saw tonight's episode "The Bastards Battle"!?!?! I know that it just came out and is still fairly new to me but in my opinion it was the greatest t.v IF NOT movie cenimatic battle scene! AM I WRONG?! DO YOU CHALLANGE ME?!
    lol
    "You can't make the judgement of prostitution simply by observing an exchange of goods." - Quetzl

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Well, I mean, that IS good strategy.
    You know what I meant man lol.
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefsquatch View Post
    Sure, they would have gotten smashed if they just charged the way they did. But, they would be two fairly equal armies. It would've been won by strategy and wits, not a surprise charge. That's what I wanted to see.
    The preparations they had made till that point would've probably made it hard for them to use the extra cavalry in any other way. Coordinating two armies without having both of them being spotted would've been tricky. It made more sense this way as well.

Besides watching that cavalry unravel that shield wall in that manner, maybe I am weird but that was among my top 3 scenes in the episode.

If he had been, pretty sure he would've died. Just hope we'll see him, but glad he wasn't there.

10+ Year Old Account
    So to discuss things other than the battle, how about Davos huh? He's going to kill that bitch Melisandre.

Quote Originally Posted by Melra View Post
    The preparations they had made till that point would've probably made it hard for them to use the extra cavalry in any other way. Coordinating two armies without having both of them being spotted would've been tricky. It made more sense this way as well.

Besides watching that cavalry unravel that shield wall in that manner, maybe I am weird but that was among my top 3 scenes in the episode.

If he had been, pretty sure he would've died. Just hope we'll see him, but glad he wasn't there.
    Y'know, one thing I really didn't understand. Why didn't Wun Wun just grab a horse and start swinging it at the shield-wall? That would have cleared a pretty large path. Hell just start picking up bodies and throwing it at them. Those shields are heavy enough to hold upright without someone lobbing 200+ lb human bodies or horse bodies that way half a ton.

They wasted too much CGI money on the dragons.

Anyone else not care that Rickon died? I was also happy to see Tormund stab that piece of shit smalljon in the face. This whole time I was hoping there was some sort of plan there but nooooo...piece of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by fluffhead View Post
    They wasted too much CGI money on the dragons.
    Well it was worth it, I'll take "wasting" CGI budget on dragons wrecking face over using it on killing another direwolf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    Anyone else not care that Rickon died?.
    Simply not enough screen time for anyone to feel attached to him, really. I'm pretty upset that they used Smalljon like this but since this was the role they chose for him I'm glad he died and Tormund lived.

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    Anyone else not care that Rickon died? I was also happy to see Tormund stab that piece of shit smalljon in the face. This whole time I was hoping there was some sort of plan there but nooooo...piece of shit.
    I wasn't happy that Tormund killed Smalljon, but more because I'm not happy that they made Smalljon into a self-serving asshole.

10+ Year Old Account
    That was some terrifying shit when Jon was suffocating with all the bodies/people around him. Thats some real medieval shit right there.

Why is Ramsay portrayed as a decent commander when he's a peasant boy that grew up on a farm?

10+ Year Old Account
    I almost expected Davos to fuck Melisandre up.

But the trailer for next episode makes it look like Jon will sentence her.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    So to discuss things other than the battle, how about Davos huh? He's going to kill that bitch Melisandre.
    Yea Jon clearly is not very interested in her god or being ever brought back so I am very interested in seeing how that plays out. I cannot wait to see how that preview plays out. The three of them were in the room for a reason and Davos seemed enraged as if something she was saying to Jon provoked the outburst.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    That was some terrifying shit when Jon was suffocating with all the bodies/people around him. Thats some real medieval shit right there.
    I think they did one of the best jobs they've done all series long of depicting just how chaotic and dangerous a medieval battlefield would have been. Horses and arrows flying all over the place.