Quote Originally Posted by Berthier View Post
    whats today on the E3 i think nintendo is done since yesterday or not ?
    some square enix stuff but thats it. nothing nintendo
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Also Ubisoft's Just Dance 2017 will be on Nintendo NX too. Info: http://justdance2017.com/just-dance-...x-details.html

Quoting:
    "With this, Just Dance 2017 is among the initial titles to be confirmed for NX which will be released in March 2017. Nintendo said that this is a “brand new” concept. The announcement was made at the Electronic Entertainment Expo tradeshow in Los Angeles."

Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    they're going back to cartridge gaming. On sd cards. with a handheld unit/controller that can play the games on the go. pop the cartridge out of the home unit and slap it in the HD handheld/controller and keep on gaming. Plus all the other online bells and whistles we've come to expect. you'll be able to fit a library of 20-50 games in a box the size of a magic deck box. I wouldnt call it revolutionary, but i would call it convenient as fuck. I cant wait to see what it actually looks like.
    Actually that would be awesome. They'd have to be, of course, high-speed SD Cards (think 633x or faster) but there can be so much data in those little cards, it's amazing.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Reggie on the NX. It's not about the specs, it's about the content.

http://www.youtube.com/watch&v=Xhl5sk9i6Mk

Cut out from a larger Bloomberg interview.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos...erg-west-06-15

Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    This worries me a lot. I'm done with all the gimmicks Nintendo has thrown at us.
    I'm not. It's still ten times more refreshing than the other ones attempting to be PCs.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    Reggie on the NX. It's not about the specs, it's about the content.

http://www.youtube.com/watch&v=Xhl5sk9i6Mk

Cut out from a larger Bloomberg interview.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos...erg-west-06-15
    Yup, it's confirmed Nintendo is still gonna be playing the catch up game releasing one gen old hardware attached to some shit gimmick.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    I'm not. It's still ten times more refreshing than the other ones attempting to be PCs.
    To each there own. I'd absolutely love playing Nintendo games on a high end system with a regular controller. Seems heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    Yup, it's confirmed Nintendo is still gonna be playing the catch up game releasing one gen old hardware attached to some shit gimmick.

To each there own. I'd absolutely love playing Nintendo games on a high end system with a regular controller. Seems heaven.

considering zelda u allows you to completely use the pro and only uses the bottom screen for aiming with motion controls and some small bits of extra info.

i doubt theyd do that unless the nx uses regular controls.

and even if it did keep the game screen, the wiiu controller is fine. the only problem with the wiiu is that it cant run most games and sold poorly
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/06/...526c9d6f000010

Miyamoto: Maybe at next year's E3 will show you a new Mario.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Really, at this point we can say for sure. For me, all the signs are pointing to multiple devices using the same OS and playing the same games (like Microsoft is doing with the XBO and W10).

https://twitter.com/crushedgaf/statu...05919048273920

Aonuma likens the Wii U GamePad to a car wreck and he has been working with the NX to port Breath of the Wilds over.

- - - Updated - - -

http://gonintendo.com/stories/259570...ng-in-the-fall

CEO of Nintendo Canada said more NX talk in the fall.

I think we'll see more NX info early-to-mid-September, making it 3 months from now and 6 months before launch.

- - - Updated - - -

http://wccftech.com/nintendo-nx-play...gx-2016-rumor/

Is EGX, the UK's biggest gaming convention, just covering their bases or will the NX actually be there?
    One would think that E3 would be the best time to talk about the NX, since it is one of the largest gaming conventions in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    One would think that E3 would be the best time to talk about the NX, since it is one of the largest gaming conventions in the world.
    Wii U did so amazing getting unveiled at e3...

E3 is good for hyping up the core gamers but in reality is pretty irrelevant for all the casuals.

Nintendo needs to figure out a way to make a large market share want to buy their system and they could of had the best e3 showing period and that might have done nothing for this overall. After all we all know how good Nintendo's e3 showings where in 2013 and 2014 and it really did jack shit for the Wii U.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post

E3 is good for hyping up the core gamers but in reality is pretty irrelevant for all the casuals.

Nintendo needs to figure out a way to make a large market share want to buy their system and they could of had the best e3 showing period and that might have done nothing for this overall. After all we all know how good Nintendo's e3 showings where in 2013 and 2014 and it really did jack shit for the Wii U.
    One bad example doesn't mean that it is a bad idea... Presenting your console at E3 isn't a guarantee of success but you'd be idiotic to believe it doesn't help. The PS4 may have been announced at their event, but they still brought it to E3.

But setting devil's advocate aside, obviously the NX isn't ready. They gain nothing from not showing it and gain tons of press for bringing it, so the only logical conclusion is that they aren't ready to lift the veil on it quite yet. But the comments about specs not mattering worries me. It had better be on par with the PS4 and Xbox One.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

You don't seem to think that timing isn't important. The Wii U was already underwhelming when it was announced, not to mention the jack shit all for a quality launch window lineup put the nail in the coffin before it even got released to market. The Wii U was a bad system from it's inception, it doesn't take a wizard to see that

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    You don't seem to think that timing isn't important. The Wii U was already underwhelming when it was announced, not to mention the jack shit all for a quality launch window lineup put the nail in the coffin before it even got released to market. The Wii U was a bad system from it's inception, it doesn't take a wizard to see that
    We had no idea what the specs on the Wii U was until it came out and people looked under the hood.

Claiming it was "underwhelming" during it's reveal in e3 2011 is laughable as best as the Zelda demo in particular made people think it was a lot stronger then it was. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hmgouc-ycs

The Wii U did not fail because it's power was underwhelming, it failed because it had piss poort marketing, a barren wasteland of software releases in it's launch year and did little to show it's worth as a system to the casual market.

Then again I'm probably talking to someone who is going to go "lol casuals" like 40 million PS4 owners are all hardcore gamers
    Last edited by Tech614; 2016-06-16 at 11:57 PM.

We had no idea what the specs on the Wii U was until it came out and people looked under the hood.

Claiming it was "underwhelming" during it's reveal in e3 2011 is laughable as best as the Zelda demo in particular made people think it was a lot stronger then it was. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hmgouc-ycs

The Wii U did not fail because it's power was underwhelming, it failed because it had piss poort marketing, a barren wasteland of software releases in it's launch year and did little to show it's worth as a system to the casual market.

Then again I'm probably talking to someone who is going to go "lol casuals" like 40 million PS4 owners are all hardcore gamers
    From what I've heard and read as I didn't keep up with any of the Project Cafe rumors was that the initial rumors suggested that the Wii U was a beast, but then some devs were beginning to question the Wii U's power and capability to port to.

Even still, I could easily see that Zelda demo being an actual game rendered with the Wii U, and remember the blue bird movie? Pikmin 3 looks as good if not better.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the main issue here is that everyone is taking Reggie's words as the NX is going to be severely underpowered compared to the current generation. It's more like Nintendo knows that they aren't going to compete with the graphics and power of the PS4N and XBOS.

From what I've heard and read as I didn't keep up with any of the Project Cafe rumors was that the initial rumors suggested that the Wii U was a beast, but then some devs were beginning to question the Wii U's power and capability to port to.

Even still, I could easily see that Zelda demo being an actual game rendered with the Wii U, and remember the blue bird movie? Pikmin 3 looks as good if not better.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the main issue here is that everyone is taking Reggie's words as the NX is going to be severely underpowered compared to the current generation. It's more like Nintendo knows that they aren't going to compete with the graphics and power of the PS4N and XBOS.
    really what other statement can reggie make? at most the nx is going to be on level with the current ps4. if reggie and nintendo tried to act like it WAS about specs it would just make them look stupid when a couple months later the scorpio and neo come out.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    really what other statement can reggie make? at most the nx is going to be on level with the current ps4. if reggie and nintendo tried to act like it WAS about specs it would just make them look stupid when a couple months later the scorpio and neo come out.
    Pretty much, NX is already near finalized at this point with a March release. R&D is done, and mass production will start. They can't just at the last minute change the specs to keep up with a scorpio or a neo.

What Nintendo can and should have done is make sure their system is capable of getting current gen port, aka be in the ballpark of Xbox One and PS4. Not their upgraded revisions. Nintendo can also release a revision if the business model becomes successful and they where smart enough to choose a hardware type that scales up and down nicely like the APUs in the Xbox One and PS4 do.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

You make a point that makes sense, but, now that Sony and MS have played their hand with having boosted consoles, maybe Nintendo is holding their cards back and are looking ahead to competing with those systems instead. Wishful thinking I know, but that is the move I could see being their biggest risk and highest reward.

Of course, hardware is already decided by now, so I don't see it happening.

http://www.nintengen.com/2016/06/cd-...astic.html?m=1

CD Projekt Red's Studio Communications Manager Fabian Mario Döehla said in an interview with Rocket Beans TV that the NX will be fantastic, but didn't go much more into details we didn't already know.

- - - Updated - - -

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.nintengen.com/2016/06/cd-...astic.html?m=1

CD Projekt Red's Studio Communications Manager Fabian Mario Döehla said in an interview with Rocket Beans TV that the NX will be fantastic, but didn't go much more into details we didn't already know.

- - - Updated - - -

I completely trust anything and everything the good people at CDProjekt say. Seriously. The NX must be off the chain and with CDProjekt backing it and possibly porting games over...fucking day 1
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

https://twitter.com/fabiandoehla/sta...56719436333056

Welp, it turns out the "NX is awesome" thing is bull now. The guy and the interviewer were probably drunk and in an "everything is awesome" mood.