10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    A unanimous vote simply means he was the best player, and everyone who had a vote thought so. There was no clear second choice. Some people thought Westbrook (Lol), some were still slurping on Lebron thinking he should be MVP every year regardless of performance, but the voters all agreed. Unanimous doesn't really mean a whole lot, it just means he won the MVP and there was no argument. We don't complain when a boxer wins his fight unanimously, even if it's close. Unanimous just means everyone saw it the same way. It doesn't make him the greatest player ever.
    Oh I know what it means. I just dont agree with it.

The Cavs finally did it! Congrats to them and special mention to Irving with his amazing offensive plays, while the legend and one of my favorite all time players LeBron gets all of my respect and love! -SA Spurs fan

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Its honestly great to have seen one of the best performances of one of the greatest players. I was too young for Jordan (10 in 96), so this is awesome

- - - Updated - - -

Come on Kasich, declare a State day of celebration and no work!
    heh youngster! j/k

It is always special to watch some of the best ever to do things, it is why I just enjoy not having a team to root for in the NBA, I just can enjoy the game and not be soulcrushed when something happens to my team. NFL is different as I have a team I live and die with, but that is more than enough for me haha

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Oh I know what it means. I just dont agree with it.
    So who would you have voted for at the time of the voting?

10+ Year Old Account
    "Sounds like Cleveland fans stole a fire truck, according to the scanner."

https://twitter.com/ByCasagrande/sta...25946247221249

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    People only rub it in for the bandwagoners.

I'll cook a bandwagoner. I'll make their soul burn hotter than twitter roasted steph curry's new shoes.

Gonna have a field day with this shit when my friend comes back from OBX so he can talk shit about how Lebron owns the refs. Whenever someone talks shit about Lebron, I always link Colin Cowherd's commentary on Stephen Curry's unanimous regular season MVP.

people always pickin on that man for no reason and now hes shoveling all their bullshit back down their throats
    Yup Cowherd's unanimous regular season MVP rant was very much on point, was a great listen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    73-9* has to hurt worse.
    I doubt that, they had more chances to not fuck it up. 18-1 means you fuck up just a single time and you are done.

Yeah IMO at the time of voting, no one was better than Curry. Too bad he choked in the Finals. He had like 1 good game all finals... can't have that from the star player. Being up 3-1 in the finals and losing out has gotta be one of the biggest chokes in NBA history.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

10+ Year Old Account
    He absolutely should have been unanimous.

its just like when curry won mvp over harden. yeah the warriors were the best team and curry was a good player

but he didnt put an injury ridden team on his back and carry them into the conference finals
    Last edited by Gandrake; 2016-06-20 at 03:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    again, not going to argue because i know you'd bash who I say. so aaaanyways.

Also RIP Clevland property values

what i hate the most is knowing that if GS took all those missed 3s, and shot 2s instead, and only made half of those, they would have been easily. live by the 3, die by the 3 i guess.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

The memes tonight are A++ quality.

If I may, I offer these as some of the finest tonight;

10+ Year Old Account
    yes, the memes will be amazing. I look foreward to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The memes tonight are A++ quality.

If I may, I offer these as some of the finest tonight;
    Haha that is already 2 REALLY good ones to start the night off though.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    He absolutely should have been unanimous. At the time of voting, there was nobody even remotely close to him. To give a vote to someone else would be the dumbest shit ever. Also the point of voting is that the voters decide who they think the MVP is. They all thought he was the mvp, thus unanimous. If you say "He should have still got it, but it shouldn't have been unanimous", you're literally saying "He deserved the MVP, but someone should still have wasted their vote for someone who didn't deserve it."
    What has Cury been aside from a slipery MOFO with mediocore defense and an abnormak 3-point shot?

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty spot on.

Again, I think Curry is one of the best shooters we've even seen. He's just not able to take over the court and lead a team to victory like the all-time greats. Not completely his fault; he's smaller and weaker than men like MJ and Lebron. But at the same time he can't even bring his all when they need him to.

Put Curry on a different team and they probably won't even make the Finals.

its just like when curry won mvp over harden. yeah the warriors were the best team and curry was a good player

but he didnt put an injury ridden team on his back and carry them into the conference finals
    Can't argue with this even as a Warriors fan over the Cavs. I don't think GSW and Curry have anything to be ashamed of really. Despite what people may personally think of him- Lebron is simply one of the greatest in the league, maybe of all time.

It is not to say I think Curry is responsible for this post season disappointment. The Warriors clearly have a great record over the last couple of seasons (and I say that as primarily a Clippers/San Antonio fan), but they ran up against a very talented team that was driven by a monstrous player.

Watching GSW tonight reminded me of the Jazz back in the 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post
    What has Cury been aside from a slipery MOFO with mediocore defense and an abnormak 3-point shot?
    What has he been? One of the greatest shooters we've ever seen. Had the hottest start to a season that we've ever seen. Led his team to the most wins the NBA has ever seen in the regular season. People are pressing for Lebron to have been MVP because of his previous accomplishments because they don't understand that MVP is limited to a single season. Just because Lebron might be the best player in the game, doesn't mean he was the best player this season. Especially not in the regular season. And Westbrook had a great season too, but it doesn't compare to Curry's. He had triple doubles because his team had nobody else. That doesn't make him an MVP, that makes his numbers inflated. His shooting % was shit, and his team wasn't winning a whole lot for most of the season.

As someone who is a casual basketball fan at best, but lives near the Bay Area, I have nothing against the Warrior's. But dear lord, all of the loud-mouth bandwagon fans that have come out of the woodwork since they became good drive me insane. They're almost as bad as Jazz/BYU fans. Not quite, because Jazz/BYU fans are the worst, just the absolute worst. But they're up there.

So I'm so, so glad that GS dropped 3 straight to lose the championship to Cleveland because it shut up most of the bandwagon fans, who are the loudest and most annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    [video=youtube;3Gacs1elIFA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gacs1elIFA[video]

Vegas odds determine best player, got it. Also the fact of "Lebron got his team 20 more wins when he went back to Cleveland". Except rosters change every year, and there's no guarantee he's the only reason.

I'm not arguing the point, I'm saying Cowherd's reasoning is bogus.

Deleted
    Im not sure what makes me happier, cleveland winning, or famous hater of lebron jib spiting on his monitor