Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    You re 100% correct here. Lebron coasted this regular season. People should not be mad a Curry for being the first unanimous MVP, they should be mad at stupid voters that wasted votes in the past.
    Exactly this. Other MVP votes should have been unanimous. But voters wasted their votes on their favorite players. People are just salty that Curry got it first and not LBJ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shep's hair shoulda been MVP

Maybe not even LBJ. Guys like Jordan and Shaq should have had one.
    No I know, but people today are all about that LBJ lol. The legends should have absolutely had unanimous as well, but kids these days are bitter than Lebron wasn't the first.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Agreed. No one was better. Just like no one was better when Lebron won it, or Shaq, or Jordan.
    And they should have also been unanimous. But voters were being stupid. Now people are salty because voters decided to be honest this year and Curry won.

Like I said, unanimous doesn't mean a whole lot. It just means that each voter believed he was the best, which was not really debatable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vegas odds determine best player, got it.
    well it's easy to be the best player on the best team

but do you even have to think about whether or not it's harder to be the best player on an injury ridden team, being relentlessly double teamed as the team's sole offensive outlet and still successfully orchestrating an offense?

Harden all day that year man

I mean Curry is good and MVP isn't really anything more than a social media shit show, as we have seen for the last 2 years... But MVP? Theres people out there overcoming more adversity and working harder than him. And it's not to say Curry doesn't work hard - but he pretty much has a chosen, designated and accounted load to carry by comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    The fact of "Lebron got his team 20 more wins when he went back to Cleveland". Except rosters change every year, and there's no guarantee he's the only reason.

I'm not arguing the point, I'm saying Cowherd's reasoning is bogus.
    well you can follow whatever reasoning you want but wherever the guy goes, hard work and success ensues. curry has only been in the league for 7 years and his star is only starting to shine. Lebron has been in the league for 13.

when you've been in your field that long and you're consistently successful, i think it's incredibly stubborn to call it luck or tiptoe around it

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Pretty spot on.

Again, I think Curry is one of the best shooters we've even seen. He's just not able to take over the court and lead a team to victory like the all-time greats. Not completely his fault; he's smaller and weaker than men like MJ and Lebron. But at the same time he can't even bring his all when they need him to.

Put Curry on a different team and they probably won't even make the Finals.
    GS Warriors would still be in title contention without Curry.

Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post
    GS Warriors would still be in title contention without Curry.
    No they wouldn't. They may get past the first round but they don't beat OKC or SAS. Or Cleveland.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Something to keep in mind with Curry: his contract is god damn ludicrous. A massive bargain. That in of itself is a big reason they are able to put together the team they have.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    No they wouldn't. They may get past the first round but they don't beat OKC or SAS. Or Cleveland.
    Cleveland wouldn't even be near the playoffs without LeBron. Wouldn't even be a consideration.

Grats to Cleveland.

10+ Year Old Account
    It will be interesting to see what they do. I highly doubt they pay Barnes or Festus Ezeli. They also have a lot of other guys that will be FA like Barboas, Speights and Rush.

- - - Updated - - -

I think they would still male the playoffs.
    Probably since Kyrie is actually pretty good on his own, but GSW bench vs Clev bench, I think GSW has the superior bench.

I don't like the Cavs but they deserved it

I don't understand how you have a team that is breaking records in the regular season and even playoffs, win 73 games, come back from a 3-1 deficit then blow a 3-1 lead which has never happened before in the finals...

Green was like the only player who showed up for game 7, everyone else was dead, Curry turning the ball over all series by making these Harlem Globetrotter behind the back passes for no reason

I also hope they drop Varejao, that guy could turn a mosquito bite into a foul (then miss the 2 shots)

Deleted
    Arqentum wins our NBA Playoff Predictions for this year!!! Congrats to him.

Rankings:
    1. Arqentum (78)
    2. Blueobelisk, Demoncrash, Stommped (74)
    5. -aiko-, Faltemer (70)
    7. Adp, ItachiZaku, Packers01 (66)
    10. Knyx, Racthoh, sheffield (62)

(Lol goddamn Knyx, you didn't even play the first round. Imagine if you did...)
    Blind predictions payed off for once.
    Thank you Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoncrash View Post
    Thanks for running the tournament Blueobelisk.
    Yep @Blueobelisk

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Also the fact of "Lebron got his team 20 more wins when he went back to Cleveland". Except rosters change every year, and there's no guarantee he's the only reason.

I'm not arguing the point, I'm saying Cowherd's reasoning is bogus.
    To me, the rosters changing is part of the equation - Players want to play with LeBron. None of those guys were falling over themselves to playing with a scoring point guard like Kyrie. They do to play with LeBron. So while just LeBron doesn't double their win total and get them to the finals, being able to make those trades and sign those guys certainly does.

Start of the game, I knew Klay would no show. He shrinks in big games. I expected more from Stephanie, especially after his temper tantrum in G6.

This was my Cavs confidence to win meter for this series:
    Pre-Game 1: 75%
    After game 1: 25%
    After game 3: 60%
    After game 4: 20%
    After game 5: 75%
    After game 6: 90%

No J and Bron still decimated the warriors... damn.

Kudos to Dray for coming out in the middle of the celebration to congratulate Bron. Draymond is a lot like Jeter to me, hate him when playing against him, but would love to have him on my team.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Can't wait to see Gumboys reply.

15+ Year Old Account
    Im kinda suprised that Draymond was the only one that went up to them and congratulated them while most of the other guys went straight to the lockerroom i saw in a interview that Clay said that he didnt went to congratulate them because he didnt want to disturb them while celebrating.
    Last edited by Vestig3; 2016-06-20 at 02:57 PM.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Oh shit you're right Lakers01 I shortchanged you the 10 points for picking Cleveland.

Fixed the list, Packers01 is second place right behind Arqentum, only down by 2 points.

Updated List:

Rankings:
    1. Arqentum (78)
    2. Packers01 (76)
    3. Blueobelisk, Demoncrash, Stommped (74)
    6. -aiko-, Faltemer (70)
    8. Adp, ItachiZaku (66)
    10. Knyx, Racthoh, sheffield (62)

(Lol goddamn Knyx, you didn't even play the first round. Imagine if you did...)

10+ Year Old Account
    So the offseason for the Cavs comes down to trading Love for a wing who can play defense and shoot threes.
    Love's going nowhere.

As the losers, and as a team that has to make it out of the West again next year, it's on the Warriors to adapt. It's as likely that the Cavs play the Spurs or OKC in next year's Finals. You're not going to get a better player back than Kevin Love. You could maybe get a decent 3-and-D player a little cheaper, but you're not going to go out and spend *more* with the tax bill they have.
    indignantgoat.com/
    XBL: Indignant Goat | BattleTag: IndiGoat#1288 | SteamID: Indignant Goat[/B]

10+ Year Old Account
    He doesn't add anything to their roster. Thompson and Lebron make him totally redundant. You don't need a better player, you need pieces that fit better.
    He spaces the floor, he's their best scorer in the post, and he's a rebounder. Thompson scores like one bucket a game that's not a put-back or an 'oop.

Also, LeBron is absolutely not down with playing 80 games a year at power forward. It's fine for a series when you're playing against Green, who is a PF in name only (he's shorter and 20 lbs smaller than LeBron), but... He's not banging with Aldridge, Anthony Davis, Taj Gibson, Blake Griffin, etc.

They need a better plan for integrating him in the offense- letting him do work in the post when either LeBron or Kyrie get rest, and space the floor when they're in.

Plus, it's not like there are a whole bunch of elite 3-and-D guys out there to be grabbed. That's not Carmelo, as you suggest, so... You think they're getting Kawhi? Draymond? Who?

Wiggins still doesn't fit that bill.

If the Cavs had to cut salary, that would be one thing. You can get a guy that fits 10% better, and is 90% as good, but... It's such an in-demand, specific fit.
    indignantgoat.com/
    XBL: Indignant Goat | BattleTag: IndiGoat#1288 | SteamID: Indignant Goat[/B]

Oh look, Ohio finally got a championship in a professional sport.

What's it been? like 70 years? lol

It's pretty sad that a team can dominate the entire season, rally back in conference championship and than just shit the bed in the FINALS

I wouldn't be shocked if it hadn't been for the Draymond Green suspension (which was bullshit, Lebron stepping over him is such an insult/unsportsmanlike) that Warriors would have closed out the Finals in Game 4.

But Cavaliers clearly outplayed Warriors in those last few games, so good for them.

but NBA is finally over (for now), so let's move onto some F-O-O-T-B-A-L-L