Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalador View Post
    I think the dilemma can be anwsered by 2 main question:

Do you want to tank as an off spec ?? if yes than go DH. DH bring the flex of tanking witch is great if you want to Q faster for dungeon or if your raid team needs an extra tank sometime,, if you mostly want to dps and can have a tank alt or you don't mind doing only dps than go to question 2.

Are you ready to keep more than one artefact wepon up to date ?? if no go DH, if yes go rogue.

Pure class alwayse have the advantage of more flexibilty as they can chose the spec that fit the fight the best. They also have a tendency to be a bit better than hybride spec in avarage over a full tier as they most of the time have a really good ST and a really good AoE spec. We can't see the futur but if we look at WoD overall best spec
    3 pure are in top 3 ST dmg with arcane mage, sub rogue, afli lock.
    4 pure are strong in 2-3 target cleave, combat rogue, frost mage, destro locks, marks hunter
    4 pure are strong in big AoE , combat rogue, fire mage, destro/demo locks, Bm hunter

DH might be strong in AoE or ST but it's rare for a single spec to perform in top 5 for ST, Cleave and AoE tho it's not rare for pure classe to be in that situation.

If you want to dps all the expac and if you want a good chance of toping meter on more than the one or two fight that fit perfectly for your dps niche, rolling with a pure like rogue is probably a better choice than rolling with a DH.

If you care about looks or lore over dps and ulitity than go with whatever you like XD.

Every time i ask myself do i want to keep my rogue main...

and i stay rogue... cause they are the most badass class in the game!
    Legs for days, I'm thinking I'm gonna have to agree with you on this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fenderxx View Post
    Really... Rogue chooses you.
    Even though I haven't always raided on my rogue, my rogue was my first and I've always felt like it was my main, even though I raided as a mage in WoD, the mage just my "raider" while my rogue will always be my main haha. I do all my important achievements outside of raiding on my rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post
    After they destroyed the Combat Rogue spec into being a pirate, the choice became very easy for me. Only problem for me is that I have to be a blood elf, which is one of my least favorite races.
    Outlaw rogues aren't pirates...
    Beta Club Brosquad

Quote Originally Posted by Alexi View Post
    Hello fellow Rogues,

I've just got back to WoW after a year travelling and I've been offered a raid spot in Legion as Rogue or DH.

I've played Rogue for 8 years so I'm dubious. But the aesthetic and Lore of DH appeals a lot. It's really down to how they're performing of PTR if anyone has any insight? I'm just a bit worried DH are gonna steal our survivability and cleave crown from us.

Do we have anything to worry about in competition if I was to stay Rogue?

Thanks pals
    They already have. And your mobility to. For fucks sake mastery gives them a flat % damage increase and % movement speed. Its seriously the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

And by dumbest, I mean you're practically forced to be a Demon Hunter because they're that good.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

DH doesn't have the survivability or any rouge spec. They have the mobility edge, but you need to talent into survivability they have one row where you can generate minor soul that heals you and gives fury and another (which will be the default one more likely) which gives you 100% leech in meta. They have darkness which has a chance for everyone to dodge as a cd.

On the other hand rouge is still has the best survivability for a dps spec, with feint (and elusivness), cloak, new heal (crimson vial) and the talented cheat death.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    Outlaw rogues aren't pirates...
    Uhuh, pistol shots, grappling hooks, ghost pirate cannon barrage, parley. All they need is a pet parrot.

You're posting on the rogue forums, so it's very likely people will recommend rogue.

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I hate the Combat changes, I will remain Rogue, as I've played it so much. Hopefull Assassination will be playable enough. If not, I prolly quit the game, as only only want to play 1 class really.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Quote Originally Posted by Alexi View Post
    Hello fellow Rogues,

I've just got back to WoW after a year travelling and I've been offered a raid spot in Legion as Rogue or DH.

I've played Rogue for 8 years so I'm dubious. But the aesthetic and Lore of DH appeals a lot. It's really down to how they're performing of PTR if anyone has any insight? I'm just a bit worried DH are gonna steal our survivability and cleave crown from us.

Do we have anything to worry about in competition if I was to stay Rogue?

Thanks pals
    If you can handle the playstyle change and the class differences. You need to be warned that DH plays NOTHING like a rogue. it is more akin to a fury warrior with the 2s gcd and a resource that is essentially rage. It actually comes off as a slower paced version of the fury warrior outside of meta. DHs don't have the suitability of the rogue but they do have fel rush and vengeful retreat to get out of potential damage albeit they require finesse to skillfully use. If you want to tank, that is a clear advantage.
    Last edited by delus; 2016-06-26 at 06:14 PM.