So for those who stock piled Bags of Salvage Goods and Big Salvage Crests

When do you think the best time to open them will be?

Like if your doing it just to sell gear for tmog or whatever when do you think is the best time to open them?

If I recall right blizzard did state they won't mess with crates that was gotten before the patch.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

after the patch: due to the extreme amount of shit youll get from them. crates stack, armor doesnt.
    No man really becomes a fool until he stops asking questions.

If you wanna dont wanna waste gold from them, you should start opening them 1-2 weeks before prepatch. Follower upgrades in legion/prepatch will sell for 1copper, while now they sell for 4-8g depending on quality.

If you are after mog open in prepatch, if you wanna make gold open a week or so before prepatch. Also if your bags are full items will get sent to mailbox so you can temporaly store them in there until prepatch.

Wait until a week before patch and open them all. All the greens will be sent to your mailbox and your follower items will stack in your inventory.

After pre-patch. People will be looking to check all there boxes for transmog.

10+ Year Old Account
    A few notes.
    1) After prepatch, you will still get boxes, but they will be different. Different how, I'm not sure. Your current boxes won't change.
    2) Supposedly follower items will drop in prices. (Open/sell Before = better)
    3) Transmog items will remain the same... before or after. Just look for stuff you want and trash the rest.

What actually drops in the boxes you have now will not change, so opening them before or after doesn't technically matter as far as transmog gear goes.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    A few notes.
    1) After prepatch, you will still get boxes, but they will be different. Different how, I'm not sure. Your current boxes won't change.
    2) Supposedly follower items will drop in prices. (Open/sell Before = better)
    3) Transmog items will remain the same... before or after. Just look for stuff you want and trash the rest.

What actually drops in the boxes you have now will not change, so opening them before or after doesn't technically matter as far as transmog gear goes.
    New boxes in beta only contain your class armor they no longer drop boe items. Least last I checked.

Deleted
    Definitely before the pre-patch. You don't want to lose the money from all those follower upgrade tokens.

Day before the patch or a couple of days before so you can sell all the armor/weapon tokens before they're reduced to one copper.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

I was hoarding them but I just went off and vendored most of it, any decent transmogs I held onto. Sold off everything else to the AH, made about 150k.

I just decided I don't really care for any green transmogs that come out of it. All of that stuff will just be found going through old raids/dungeons for things anyway.