I just watched the episode 10 trailer. There is a second where the high sparrow is lifting a man´s chin. who is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    I just watched the episode 10 trailer. There is a second where the high sparrow is lifting a man´s chin. who is that?
    Stannis. /10char

Quote Originally Posted by fluffhead View Post
    Stannis. /10char
    Stannis is the gravedigger, it all makes sense now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Ugh, it bugs me that Little Finger and his posse showed up in that fashion. I cringed at how cliche that whole thing was.

If they wanted Jon Snow to win, they should have thought up something more interesting than that. Felt like something out of a random Mel Gibson war movie.
    This exactly.

Like I mentioned before, I would have preferred some more strategy in here. The underdog using wits and his surroundings to beat the over confident commander with his massive army. Instead, Jon got played like a fiddle and had to be saved in the most cliche way.

It was an overall good episode, but very disappointing nonetheless.
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

Quote Originally Posted by Sury View Post
    This brings up a pretty interesting point. Theon helped Sansa when she needed him most and has at least a little to do with her getting back to Winterfell. Dany having the North as an ally be default could make a lot of dominoes fall in place when it comes to the larger story of fighting the walkers. It would give the Theon character a lot more purpose and value by bringing those two sides together.
    Aye, also Tyrion would interested to hear about Podrick as well.

Waiting on someone to whip up a Jon Snow/Braveheart makeup meme =D
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Deleted
    It was a very good episode tonight, made up for the sea of average ones we've had this season. I'm looking forward to seeing Yara and Daenerys interact over the coming season.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was expecting Jon to go all super saiyan and shit when those horses started to charge but that didn't happen.

On a side note, besides the obvious plot armor, does anyone else think Jon might be unkillable? Sort of like Beric, even when sliced, he'll just keep coming back? I mean, there has to be a reason he was brought back. Is he going to be the Prince that was promised?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Snow View Post
    I was expecting Jon to go all super saiyan and shit when those horses started to charge but that didn't happen.

On a side note, besides the obvious plot armor, does anyone else think Jon might be unkillable? Sort of like Beric, even when sliced, he'll just keep coming back? I mean, there has to be a reason he was brought back. Is he going to be the Prince that was promised?
    I think that if the lord of light has a will then Jon is one of his chosen warriors who will stand against the Night King and the army he brings. So yes, Jon will be literally unkillable until the final battle. Once that happens he becomes expendable.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiako View Post
    This was a fucking awesome episode if you wanted epic scenes between and battles taking place hell even the acting is good. However IF and IF you like good storytelling this thing got flushed down the toilet. Then again this and last season saw a massive drop in quality of the story their lucky so many people are so invested into GoT already, on a personal lvl as a book reader I am more interested in what of all of this is going to happen in the books as I am sure some of it will come to pass for sure.
    No one ever said D&D can't produce good battles. But I said this after Hardholme, and I'll say it tonight, the story is just shit. There's a reason there's no Hardhome in the book (well, there's a reason why what happened at Hardhome is just rumors), and it's because no man in the Night's Watch would fault Jon for letting the Wildlings south if they were at Hardhome. After the Fist of the First Men, every single man who survived is loyal to Jon, for good reason - because they've seen the White Walkers. The mutiny comes from men who weren't there, Stewards and Builders who still can't get past the idea that Wildlings are the enemy.

Likewise, this episode, we have a beautifully shot medieval battle scene - but the whole set up, execution, and denouement of it was literally terrible. Point by point:

1) You have one character telling you what's going to happen, and not mentioning she's possibly got other help coming.
    2) Same character warns other character not to fall into an emotional trap, and that their brother is probably dead.
    3) Other character....watches brother die, falls into same emotional trap aforementioned, and battle goes precisely to his weaknesses after he touts how he knows battle and better odds were won against.
    4) Same character survives a suspension-of-disbelief shattering amount of carnage. He should have died in that first arrow volley.
    5) Deus ex machina from unmentioned potential allies.
    6) Deus ex giant negating the need for a potential siege by one-shotting a door, as if there aren't any fortifications to Winterfell besides a big door.
    7) Wooden shield stops three arrows fired from a composite bow. LOL. Nevermind that the opponent is within 20 feet, not exactly prime archery range, and you have a sword strapped to your side, which you never unsheathe.
    8) No scene between Jon and Sansa about why Sansa couldn't trust Jon to tell him about potential reinforcements from LF, though that may come next episode.

About the only thing handled well was the poetic allegory of loyal-but-starving hounds eating Ramsay.

And the same can be done with Dany:
    1) Tyrion is right on every count. Mereen has become better under his rule.
    2) Dany doesn't care, she's a badass.
    3) Tyrion warns her against her father's madness, implores her to find another way.
    4) Dany's badassery wins out anyways and her dragons toast some ships. Tyrion becomes the mouth of her badassery and seems nonplussed about the misgivings he had moments ago. I guess she's not going on a warpath to burn down Yunkai, so that's a win, right Tyrion?
    5) Deus ex Iron Fleet comes to save Dany's ass, who just burned a whole bunch of good ships, and replaces them with ships she can use. Good thing her recklessness had no consequences.
    6) Promise between a reaving pirate and a potential dragon-wielding madwoman to leave their kingdoms better than their evil predecessors which totally rings hollow.

Jesus, it's a shitshow that shines real well, and people are going to call this the best episode in forever because they don't give a fuck about an actual story that makes sense.

Why not:
    a) Have Jon take Sansa's council to heart, and play Ramsay against himself? Sacrifice Rickon for the battle's formation? You've done nothing to build up Rickon and the emotional tie to him, why have this overly emotional reaction to his death that just lays complete waste to an already uneven battle?
    b) Figure out why Sansa doesn't trust Jon with the valuable information that they may have reinforcements coming. Even in Braveheart, you have that "hidden horses on the flank" scene.
    b part II) Figure out how Sansa reacts to LF. If she gives him any leeway next week instead of just using him like a pawn and playing Sweetrobin against him, damn, that character is dumb.
    c) Have a deeper plot with the Northmen who support the Boltons? The Umbers joining Ramsay is near unconscionable.
    d) Have Dany do anything that doesn't involve her dragons making all her points for her.
    Last edited by eschatological; 2016-06-20 at 07:03 AM.

So why exactly did ramsay shot wun-wun in the eye instead of killing the distracted jon? Makes no sense to me.

Other than that, good episode, too predictable, but well directed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenone View Post
    Honestly couldn't care about the negative opinions, I absolutely loved this episode.
    Yeah, I'm at a point of "screw the haters", this negativity is depressing...
    I loved the episode, I don't give a goddamn fuck if some don't.

The best parts of the episode were without any doubt Davos and Tormund discussing before the battle (and Davos's look at Melisandre at the end, like "ooohh I'm gonna get you"). Oh, and Ramsay's end was so satisfying, and seeing the Stark flag on Winterfell felt good.
    Last edited by mmoc586e3b8dfe; 2016-06-20 at 07:57 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    and you have a sword strapped to your side, which you never unsheathe.
    Ramsay wasn't never a great swordsman like Jon, his expertise was with bows and knives. Of course he isn't going to duel Jon Snow in a sword fight. Even with knives, because, a long sword will easily outclass dual knives.
    Last edited by Khadgar; 2016-06-20 at 07:59 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Apero View Post
    So why exactly did ramsay shot wun-wun in the eye instead of killing the distracted jon? Makes no sense to me.
    1. Wanted to be a giant slayer
    2. Giant was the most dangerous target
    3. Killing Jon like that == immediate death sentence
    4. Overconfident
    5. Crazy
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Apero View Post

Other than that, good episode, too predictable, but well directed.
    They already set up that up. Ramsay is a gamer, he likes to play games, albeit sick and twisted games but games nonetheless. His flaw is that he gets so immersed in his games, his supervillain persona, that he sort of forgets how to win. Thats what his dad was telling him before Ramsay killed him. Ramsay could've easily wiped the floor with Jon but Ramsay got arrogant, Ramsay wanted to make a game and show out of it. The men from the Veil shouldn't even of had time to get there, they should have road up on a field of dead bodies. Hell, Ramsay could've just sniped Jon Snow while Jon was trying to reach Ricken, I thought that was what Ramsay was going to do at first but somehow miss. Even on his deathbed(chair), Ramsay's arrogance led him to believe that his dogs wouldn't eat him, the same dogs that he hadn't been feeding so he could sic them on someone else.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Martin pushing hints that R'hllor = Martin way too hard. Next thing we know he will write himself into the books like King did.

7+ Year Old Account
    GGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRL PWR hamfisting in to a story where that part of feminity has been explored much better killed this episode.

They truly don`t understand the character-building and exposition in ASIOAF.

Hopefully Wall (literally or figuratively) comes down next episode, long overdue.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithfin View Post
    Martin pushing hints that R'hllor = Martin way too hard. Next thing we know he will write himself into the books like King did.
    What.

Didn't have me at the edge of my seat like Hardhome, but apart from that, probably the 2nd best episode of the entire series.
    Music was spot on. Felt it's been lacking in that department this year, but the goosebumps returned. Well played Djawadi.

Kits acting was good. Definitely an improvement.

Episode has slightly redeemed the last few.
    Finish strong now D&D.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mithfin View Post
    God of Tits and Wine = GRRM confirmed?

generally not a hater, but nothing this episode happened, that I didnt expect.

Predictable or not, that was the best episode of the series in my eyes.

Exceptional direction, Great music and so very visceral. Just amazing.

I'd like to take a second to acknowledge the long cut of Jon on the battlefield. I don't know if that was all one take like it looked, but the point was it LOOKED LIKE ONE TAKE. I hate excessive use of camera cuts and that has unfortunately become the norm in a lot of shows/movies in the last decade or so. Let the choreography shine through imo!