Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    http://www.nintengen.com/2016/06/cd-...astic.html?m=1
    CD Projekt Red's Studio Communications Manager Fabian Mario Döehla said in an interview with Rocket Beans TV that the NX will be fantastic, but didn't go much more into details we didn't already know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefsquatch View Post
    I completely trust anything and everything the good people at CDProjekt say. Seriously. The NX must be off the chain and with CDProjekt backing it and possibly porting games over...fucking day 1
    You should then read his tweet: https://twitter.com/fabiandoehla/sta...56719436333056 he was drunk. Enjoy trusting them. They should fire him.

And this, folks, is why you should be a skeptic.

I'm sitting on my couch giggling to this. Furiously giggling.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    And this, folks, is why you should be a skeptic.

I'm sitting on my couch giggling to this. Furiously giggling.
    You are not alone.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I guess we won't be seeing Geralt slaying Bowser and romancing Zelda anytime soon then. >.> Lol.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I guess we won't be seeing Geralt slaying Bowser and romancing Zelda anytime soon then. >.> Lol.
    Hmm. I guess I might actually care about Zelda (as a franchise) again if they'd finally graduate to a portrayal of actual human character after being stuck for 3 decades in PEGI3 mode with not even one dimensional characters, I mean the non-canon dynasty-warrior version at least managed one dimensional characterization, which was a huge improvement. You can be a tiny bit more daring Nintendo .

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Hmm. I guess I might actually care about Zelda (as a franchise) again if they'd finally graduate to a portrayal of actual human character after being stuck for 3 decades in PEGI3 mode with not even one dimensional characters, I mean the non-canon dynasty-warrior version at least managed one dimensional characterization, which was a huge improvement. You can be a tiny bit more daring Nintendo .
    the portrayal of characters in wind waker is pretty well regarded. its probably the greatest iteration of ganondorf and actually provided good motivation for his actions in ocarina of time
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    the portrayal of characters in wind waker is pretty well regarded. its probably the greatest iteration of ganondorf and actually provided good motivation for his actions in ocarina of time
    Yeah but that is one character.. I mean they did a bit in Skyward Sword for replacement Zelda, but it's always single characters, not the whole cast.

http://www.gameblog.fr/news/59553-la...nformations-su

More NX info from "sources" so take with a grain of salt.

Also, the translation I got from NeoGAF is rough, so something may be off or mistranslated.

• The NX was initially set to release in November 2016. Everything was ready for a for a launch in France, and worldwide.
    • According to our information, Nintendo had even reserved a lot of publicity space... before backing out. The machine was set to be accompanied by a line-up of 30 games. And then, the plans changed
    • Even if they'll say otherwise, the arrival of new consoles from Sony and Microsoft also have spooked Nintendo a little.
    • This time, impossible to release mid-gen, a system that's too far behind. The finals specs of the NX will come close to the PS4 Neo, with component more "up to date" but not top of the line. We were told that Nintendo definitely wasn't part of that kind of race.
    • According to our sources, 3 major deals with third-party publishers also contributed to the delay... the games were simply not ready. Included in the names mentioned, Capcom and Square-Enix are part of Nintendo's allies in what is considered to be operation "reconquer". A large part of the titles from those editors should release on NX, including a few exclusives.
    • The overall architecture of the system would be in big parts tied to Android, with Miitomo playing in major part in the structure of the NX itself. Miitomo could even serve as the HUB for games and evolve the interface as time goes.Finally the system could allow up to 8 controller devices to be connected at once. Quite a departure from the single GamePad on Wii U.
    • Nintendo doesn't want to make the NX too pricey. They wish to stay the most affordable of the 3. But that does not mean the system will be at a discounted price, either.
    • Our different sources claim the machine is "surprising and interesting". Aside from the reported problems linked to the delay, we haven't heard any negative impressions from developers.
    • Our sources point to September for the reveal of the NX. Nintendo indeed sounds interested by making an announcement in timing with the Tokyo Game Show.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Yeah but that is one character.. I mean they did a bit in Skyward Sword for replacement Zelda, but it's always single characters, not the whole cast.
    i liked the whole cast in wind waker.

tetra, king of red lions, deku tree, all the ritos.

they all felt like real characters to me
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Not sure I buy that. I hope android would at least mean the x86 branch and not the ARM one.

http://www.gameblog.fr/news/59553-la...nformations-su

More NX info from "sources" so take with a grain of salt.

Also, the translation I got from NeoGAF is rough, so something may be off or mistranslated.
    i mean, most of that is just old rumours repackaged. and the square enix and capcom thing are easy guesses especially since square enix was the first publisher to announce an nx title and are both japanese companies

im not sure what the specs quote means since it seems to have been translated weirdly. but i personally see the nx being in the middle of the base models of ps4 and xbox one. good enough to get all the games but nothing that makes it "better" graphically which doesnt really matter for most of nintendos art styles anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    You should then read his tweet: https://twitter.com/fabiandoehla/sta...56719436333056 he was drunk. Enjoy trusting them. They should fire him.
    Muh heart, I don't think it can take much more of this =/
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

http://venturebeat.com/2016/06/22/wa...-and-pc-games/

Warner Bros. will support the NX. It's just a question of how?

Expect the LEGO games at least.

http://venturebeat.com/2016/06/22/wa...-and-pc-games/

Warner Bros. will support the NX. It's just a question of how?

Expect the LEGO games at least.
    What doesn't LEGO games go on though

Lego games still get released on the Vita FFS lol.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1238179

The tradematk for Breath of the Wild has cartridges on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1238179

The tradematk for Breath of the Wild has cartridges on it.
    Interesting. Cartridges do have the advantages of next to no load times and less moving parts, plus an insane longevity vs. discs.

But the production costs of those things is worlds apart from discs. Makes me wonder if Nintendo found a way to produce them more efficiently and thus cheaper.

10+ Year Old Account
    All companies say they'll support something, but if it's a dud again or difficult to port to they'll drop it quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard Illuminati View Post
    Interesting. Cartridges do have the advantages of next to no load times and less moving parts, plus an insane longevity vs. discs.

But the production costs of those things is worlds apart from discs. Makes me wonder if Nintendo found a way to produce them more efficiently and thus cheaper.
    Cartridges are going to have the same load times that a game installed to the Wii Us flash memory would, which is slower then an SSD in a PS4.

Nintendo in general is good at minimizing load times no matter format the media is on, but 3rd party games aren't going to have magically have faster load times on SSD flash memory then they will off of internal HDDs.

This isn't old school cartridges of the N64 days vs slow as balls CD read speeds on the PS1. This is just cheap flash memory carts.

The reason I still think Nintendo will avoid 3DS style game cards being the only format NX games can be on is a lot of 3rd parties will bow out when they realize they need to pay nintendo to make them those custom 50-64GB cards instead of being able to print a shit load of blue ray discs on their own on the cheap.

Read up on why NIS America avoid localizing 3DS games like the plague, Nintendo doesn't actually make it easy to print games on their custom game cards.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2016-06-23 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Cartridges are going to have the same load times that a game installed to the Wii Us flash memory would, which is slower then an SSD in a PS4.

Nintendo in general is good at minimizing load times no matter format the media is on, but 3rd party games aren't going to have magically have faster load times on SSD flash memory then they will off of internal HDDs.

This isn't old school cartridges of the N64 days vs slow as balls CD read speeds on the PS1. This is just cheap flash memory carts.

The reason I still think Nintendo will avoid 3DS style game cards being the only format NX games can be on is a lot of 3rd parties will bow out when they realize they need to pay nintendo to make them those custom 50-64GB cards instead of being able to print a shit load of blue ray discs on their own on the cheap.

Read up on why NIS America avoid localizing 3DS games like the plague, Nintendo doesn't actually make it easy to print games on their custom game cards.
    When has Nintendo ever done something other developers wanted? They've always done things to make sure their product is inexpensive and family-friendly.

For Nintendo, going back to carts is making the console less expensive. Think about your Wii U. About half of the consoles space is taken up by the disc reader. Also, less moving parts needed for a cart reader.

Also, the PS4 and XBO require larger hard drive space in order to have some of the assets of the game always on the sytem in order to lower load times and improve graphics. Nintendo has managed to avoid that with most of it's Wii U games (excluding Xenoblade X and I'm going to predict Breath of the Wild as well), but as their games get bigger they would need to if they stuck with discs, or go with cartridges which have faster read times compared to discs.

Finally, if their next handheld shares media with the NX, this means less cartridges needed to be used, and developers don't need to worry about whether to work on the console or the handheld. All they would need to do is look at Nintendo's combined hardware sales to see whether they want to develop for it.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zjd...utu.be&t=6m17s

Could this have been a slip up on both Miyamoto and his translator's part?

Miyamoto's translator switched from "when" to "if" very quickly when talking about changing media.

- - - Updated - - -

http://gamingbolt.com/the-legend-of-...ichael-pachter

Micheal Pachter: Zelda looks awesome; will sell 10 million NXs quickly.