Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    It probably could work. Destiny does this on consoles and it works. And OW has more complex abilities and mechanics. So that'd allow for more interesting engagements but it wouldn't work because there isn't a point to it. We don't get gear or anything in this game. If they do this, it'd have to be in the form of a campaign mode. Where the 'Dungeon' is actually a big map where we have some sort of mission or objective, and it also gives us background story on the characters and world. That could work but I don't see it happening any time soon.

Deleted
    With ideas like these, the problem always is, of course, that there's no cool "packaging" and nothing concrete to show, and thus people are left with only the image they have in their own head about the idea. This can lead people to be extremely negative toward it, whereas they might view it in a more positive light if it was actually more fleshed out. The opposite can happen as well, though, and people may see an idea as much better than what it actually is.

Seems like there'd be a decent percentage of people out there who'd be interested in something like this though, and other games seem to have done something like it in the past. Obviously the Overwatch developers don't read these forums let alone pick any ideas from here, but it's always fun to play a kind of an "idea lottery" if you will.

Personally I wouldn't mind running missions with a team every once in a while, then pop back into quick matches. Would be fun if the lore of the world could be shown in short films like they've made already, but then you'd have accompanying missions for the lore, so it would feel like stuff could be progressing behind the scenes, while the heroes just run around killing each other on some virtual battlefields. I mean, the world has such huge potential and it's just a shame how it's basically completely wasted when there's no proper lore structure and tie-in with the actual gameplay. Or do we know why Tracer would be running around with Reaper and Widowmaker, and neither of them wouldn't just blow her head off on sight?

Anyways... Hope to see something a bit different in Overwatch down the road. It's fun, and I love playing now and will keep playing it even if it never changes, but if it was fun and there was some fun new stuff as well, that'd be so much better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    i personaly wouldnt mind some kind of "Hold point X", something like CoD zombies PvE mode, as long as it wouldnt delay the PvP content as it is the main point of the game
    It is waste of resources. I would rather have new hero or map then some *** as mod what is there just for bit of fun. Overwatch is compettive FPS game not RPG or PVE game. If you want this type of expriece there is game called World of Warcarft.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, I would probably like something like that, but I also like the kinds of genres that do that sort of thing. If the majority of Overwatch's players are dedicated FPSers (and who knows, they might be), there might be very little appeal, or at least not enough to justify the kind of development time that would go into it. And actually, even as someone who loves MMOs/RPGs/Action-Adventure games, evenI'm not sure I'd love the idea more than I'd love that development time going into new maps, heroes, etc.

I think a lot of people would enjoy a campaign mode though.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    It is waste of resources. I would rather have new hero or map then some *** as mod what is there just for bit of fun. Overwatch is compettive FPS game not RPG or PVE game. If you want this type of expriece there is game called World of Warcarft.
    did you even read what i wrote?
    i know overwatch is a competetive FPS, i wrote as long as it wouldnt delay the PvP content (aka heroes, maps etc.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    i wrote as long as it wouldnt delay the PvP content (aka heroes, maps etc.)
    I mean, sure, but that's not realistically possible. There are finite resources/time available so the reality would always be that it delays those things.

I mean, it's fine to talk hypotheticals if we're discussing an alternate reality where all our dreams come true, but the nature of the boards is that some folks are going to view it from the perspective of realmism

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    You also typically have situations where you've got finite spots for doing a specific job, and it won't work to add one more designer and developer to do that specific job. So, we can be talking about adding a new person or a new team to do job B without taking anything away from job A. It will, of course, be costing the company more, but that's not always the same as taking away resources from developing a specific thing. If the company can then see profit in doing that thing B alongside thing A, then they can go for it.

That probably wouldn't apply here, but it might. We don't see all the angles.

Deleted
    First time i played something similar was a mod called "monster hunt" for unreal tournament (1999) and it was pretty fun back then as a thing to kill time with friends when the rocketlauncher tag got boring. Even with crappy AI the levels which worked just like wow dungeons were pretty cool, haven't heard of anything like it since then and i think it could work with overwatch, but would require lot of work for it to work with the different characters with their own strengths and weaknesses so that there isnt just one one reinhardt + medic and rest bastions as that would get boring fast.

Deleted
    Maybe have limitations on which characters can be chosen in a specific mission? You have to have 1 tank, 1 healer, 4 DPS, and no duplicates, for example. Or, some mission might be without any healing characters, some mission might not allow a tank, and so on.

There might be limitations like, no Q in some mission at all, or, have a once-per-mission -limitation on Q use. And, do stuff like in they do in the weekly brawls.

I wouldn't mind some side PVE content, not like a "dungeon" though. Definitely not something expecting a "holy trinity" design which OW doesn't really have. Roles are much looser than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

OP go play Destiny if you want PvE FPS

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DistortionSleep View Post
    OP go play Destiny if you want PvE FPS
    Or against bots in Overwatch?

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    UT had those wave modes where you have to survive waves. Perhaps some wave/horde mode where you defend some point might be fun. That would be one example of what these "missions" could be like.
    The problem with the wave mode would be... Bastion.

A lot of heroes would be completely useless in this game mode, and Bastion would be nearly the only one to be used in zerg mode

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    The problem with the wave mode would be... Bastion.
    Not at all. Add enemies who block bullets, or who move fast enough to take down a stationary minigun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    A lot of heroes would be completely useless in this game mode, and Bastion would be nearly the only one to be used in zerg mode
    Well, perhaps in the imaginary mode you've got built up in your own head box, but you have to understand, what you see in there isn't all that can be. Of course a lot of heroes would not be "completely useless". That's just completely baseless hyperbole.

Interesting concept OP. I don't know if I necessarily agree with dungeons, but I really hope Blizzard plans on creating more modes. For example, I would like the random hero brawl to become a perma mode. I would like a zombie mode. I would like an infection mode. The problem lies with balancing though. Do you just allow all heroes to do their thing in here? Limit the heroes used? Change heroes completely in these modes? I honestly don't know. I just know Blizzard needs to add more options.

I do have to say though, not a huge FPS fan. Have done some months here and there on a new Battlefield and CoDs playing them, but get bored fast. Overwatch has given me a lot of fun. I think the versatility than the same gun wielding person running into a pit of destruction over and over has helped. I do see myself in the future putting the game away for a long time if we just don't get something more. I don't think competitive will fix this for me, though I plan on playing in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    Personally I don't like fps pve content. Mostly because it's very hard to make it work. Most enemies just turns out to be bullet sponges.
    ME3 had a great co-op multiplayer. It can be done.
    Putin khuliyo

7+ Year Old Account
    Would rather have them focus on the PvP, then try to make a form of PVE dungeon work. Most teams in PVE would be Reinhardt, Mercy and then just a lot of soldiers. It will be very hard for them to make it work with the current model. They could rework the characters, like TF2 did with the march of the Machines, but that will take quite some time, and to be very honest, i would rather have a couple of maps, then an entire dungeon system.

It is an interesting idea, but Overwatch is a multiplayer brawler and Blizzard can, with time and energi, make it one of the best games on the market. No need to try and reach new audiences with PVE.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I mean, I would probably like something like that, but I also like the kinds of genres that do that sort of thing. If the majority of Overwatch's players are dedicated FPSers (and who knows, they might be), there might be very little appeal, or at least not enough to justify the kind of development time that would go into it. And actually, even as someone who loves MMOs/RPGs/Action-Adventure games, evenI'm not sure I'd love the idea more than I'd love that development time going into new maps, heroes, etc.

I think the game should go about presenting the "story" better though.

I mean, what was the Omnic Crisis? What is the Los Muertos? Why exactly did Overwatch disband (I get a SHIELD/Hydra vibe from that)? The game doesn't answer that. Dungeons or a campaign could. I won't say "no" to the idea, I know Blizzard is capable.
    Putin khuliyo

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    How would you make a campaign mode work though?

I don't really see them making a campagin, without forcing you into playing a single character/a few characters. The characters are also very simple, which will make any campaign map/gameplay even more simple, since you are going to play, f.eks, Tracer for an entire campaign mission. Also, what would the objectives be? Since you have a static kit, its not like you can make CoD missions or anything like that.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    How would you make a campaign mode work though?

I don't really see them making a campagin, without forcing you into playing a single character/a few characters. The characters are also very simple, which will make any campaign map/gameplay even more simple, since you are going to play, f.eks, Tracer for an entire campaign mission. Also, what would the objectives be? Since you have a static kit, its not like you can make CoD missions or anything like that.
    Mortal Kombat 9/X pretty much paved a way for campaign like this. You would play for a couple of missions with each character, with the story tying itself together. Wouldn't have to be long per character - like playing Hanzo for a mission where he deals with some Shimada bussiness, and comes back to learn that he needs to kill his brother. After having a boss fight with Genji, you stop playing as Hanzo and wake up in Genjis body as he is reconstructed - which might lead to you playing as him during his first Overwatch assignment, and maybe ending on the duel with Hanzo we saw in trailer. And then we move on to Zenyatta training Genji or something.