Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    Oh lookie. It's a Trump supporter latching on to the Gravis poll. Hmm whats wrong with the Gravis Poll. Hmmm Could it be: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...he-lost-by-67/

Or the fact they only use automated phone calls. Which means they don't call cell phones as it's illegal to do so with automated systems. Which means the polls aren't actually accurate given the number of folks who don't have landlines. You keep grasping on that poll though. It's far better than what you did in your twenties.
    The single biggest reason is not the use of landlines, but that people have no other choices in the Gravis poll. In polls with third party options, Clinton is beating Trump by large margins. Thank Gary Johnson for that, I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    The single biggest reason is not the use of landlines, but that people have no other choices in the Gravis poll. In polls with third party options, Clinton is beating Trump by large margins. Thank Gary Johnson for that, I guess.
    Yeah there is a shit lot wrong with their polls.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    Oh my would you look at --
    Seems like you posted some factually false numbers about Trump's campaign finances. This Politifact article is a little old, February to be exact, but still destroys the idea that Trump is self-funding his campaign, and has received nearly no donations. For one, it shows $6.4 million in donations. For two, it doesn't reflect that Trump is loaning his campaign money more than he's donating to it, probably at prime plus five percent so he can actually turn a profit off his run for President.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Seems like you posted some factually false numbers about Trump's campaign finances. This Politifact article is a little old, February to be exact, but still destroys the idea that Trump is self-funding his campaign, and has received nearly no donations. For one, it shows $6.4 million in donations. For two, it doesn't reflect that Trump is loaning his campaign money more than he's donating to it, probably at prime plus five percent so he can actually turn a profit off his run for President.
    Yup. the only way he can say he self funded would be if he converted his loans to contributions. Which as of the last news story's on this issue he has not.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Well, so has just about every politician. So I can only go by what they say and then of course time will prove how truthful they are. It sure has for Obama and Hillary. :P
    "Just about every politician" may have done so at some points in their career, but for the most part a lot of them keep it to a mostly minimum as surprising as that may be. You can check their record of what they've said and what they've actually pushed for in their political career. As shocking as this may be to Hillary's opponents, she's been very consistent with her words and actions. Some of her stances she may have shifted on over the years, but going from

Trump on the other hand has no political history, and he talks out of both sides of his mouth far worse than just about every politician one can reasonably think of in the last couple of decades. He has no clear stance on several issues, since he's said he's for X in one speech and then against it in another speech the next day. If Hillary were doing this degree of flip flopping like a fish on dry land her opponents would be all over it.

Trump isn't just dishonest, he's deceitful.

"You're a Trump supporter? Tell me more about how Hillary is dishonest."

2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    http://gravismarketing.com/polling-and-market-research/current-national-polling. It did have a third party "other" option at 50-45-5 for Clinton-Trump-Other. So it wouldn't be that hard to think that translates to be 50 Clinton-45 Trump-4 Johnson-1 Stein.
    Last edited by akris15; 2016-06-20 at 05:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by akris15 View Post
    http://gravismarketing.com/polling-and-market-research/current-national-polling. It did have a third party "other" option at 50-45-5 for Clinton-Trump-Other. So it wouldn't be that hard to think that translates to be 50 Clinton-45 Trump-4 Johnson-1 Stein.
    The one being passed around as being a close race is the 51/49 one.
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    6.4 million came from the hats n shirts iirc.
    Yes he used to say a lot last year that he was running at a profit but I think that stopped in feb off the top of my head. I should have realized how salty people would get on that pic I would have got one of the ones I have with decent sources on the image and also dated. Must be old because from last I checked Bernie has wasted $268million of other peoples money so far. I'll put up some other images when I get home from work

Again, wouldn't you rather a President who can run his own campaign so cheaply, so streamline and with a skeleton crew of staff? I guess me being in my industry all my career I give it a resounding yes based off experience. Put it this way, other people here like Pangean say that he is incredibly egotistical and self centered etc, well if he was so egotistical (and I do think he is) then he would not want his brand of Trump to be associated with being a shitty president. He would work hard to be the best president he can possibly be just for the sake of his brand alone if you were to feel he was that self absorbed and egotistical.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

Deleted
    that's bad for business... ppl won't pay for threats to vote for trump when he has no chance.

Again, wouldn't you rather a President who can run his own campaign so cheaply, so streamline and with a skeleton crew of staff? I guess me being in my industry all my career I give it a resounding yes based off experience. Put it this way, other people here like Pangean say that he is incredibly egotistical and self centered etc, well if he was so egotistical (and I do think he is) then he would not want his brand of Trump to be associated with being a shitty president. He would work hard to be the best president he can possibly be just for the sake of his brand alone if you were to feel he was that self absorbed and egotistical.
    Part of the reason he's running it so cheaply is because he has no clue how to run a traditional campaign. In fact, he apparently has no idea who the fuck he even hired or what they're even doing:
    When former Arizona Governor Jan Brewer interrupted the discussion to inform Trump that his own campaign had asked surrogates to stop talking about the lawsuit in an e-mail on Sunday, Trump repeatedly demanded to know who sent the memo, and immediately overruled his staff.

“Take that order and throw it the hell out,” Trump said.

Told the memo was sent by Erica Freeman, a staffer who circulates information to surrogates, Trump said he didn't know her. He openly questioned how the campaign could defend itself if supporters weren't allowed to talk.
    http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/ar...nd-journalists

Look at this, he overruled his own campaign's attempt to do damage control.
    Last edited by Garnier Fructis; 2016-06-20 at 06:35 AM.

His brand and name has been tarnished in many occasions. He sells the Trump name rather freely with little regard to the product, service, and/or company quality. You really think those steaks are the best steaks?

The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Right now I'm considering Gary Johnson over Stein, mostly because she has strange ideas about medicine and such, and Gary Johnson is also Anti-TPP.
    Time out. What "strange ideas about medicine" are you referring to?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    His brand and name has been tarnished in many occasions. He sells the Trump name rather freely with little regard to the product, service, and/or company quality. You really think those steaks are the best steaks?

I bought them at the Sharper Image. How can they not be the best steaks?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Detritivores View Post
    Her and her party are supporters of homeopathic "medicine".

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Her and her party are supporters of homeopathic "medicine".
    As far as I'm aware, Stein herself doesn't actually believe it or support it. It's just part of the party platform for some inexplicable reason.

This election's candidates have to be some of the worst options I've seen in my life. I don't know whats going to happen and I'm scared either way. At least if Hillary does win she at least has the advice of a previous president backing her...even if he was getting action on the side.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    This election's candidates have to be some of the worst options I've seen in my life. I don't know whats going to happen and I'm scared either way. At least if Hillary does win she at least has the advice of a previous president backing her...even if he was getting action on the side.
    Yeah, Bill Clinton in the white house for potentially 16 years total sounds like a great idea. Maybe next one of his children can run and somehow try and get him into the white house even longer. He should just have a room dedicated to him and just live there till the day he dies.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    You do realize that's how things already work in the US right? It would essentially make our standards uniform for other countries. It's not just the interests of pfizer being protected. The US develops more patents than any country in the world.

And the ability to enforce IP laws that the US overwhelmingly benefits from, allows more investment there, more entwined economy, that can hold those corporations to an even higher standard. Compare the rights of workers now to what they were then. It's like you're saying improvement is unacceptable because it's not perfect. Unrealistic idealism isn't helpful.

Is it that you ignore what's happened to those countries as a result of that foreign interaction? Improved workers rights, better working conditions, higher standard of living, bigger market driving their economy; when you choose to ignore the benefits and focus on the downsides, that's called bias.

Who knew you couldn't solve all the world's problems in an afternoon because greedy people exist. It allows for lawsuits to combat laws that that cause economic harm for no reason, not to pilfer treasuries. It's not like they allow them to file and win baseless claims. It becomes "worse" because legislators don't pay attention to international treaties when they write legislation apparently. That's not nafta's fault. They're free to leave the treaty if they're willing to take the hit on their economy of leaving the free trade agreement. Not enough people in office are naive enough to believe that it wouldn't be political suicide, as well as incredibly damaging to their country.

Edit: Also, if you're really worried about pharma patent laws then you should be voting for the party that is pushing for a single payer health system in the US, so the interests of the government/people are more aligned with regards to laws concerning those patents. If we ever make it to a single payer system, it would become one of our entitlements that would essentially be impossible to remove. It would mean republicans, in an effort to "reduce healthcare spending" they'll likely try to restrict the amount of growth in spending of the program. It's possible they'll work with democrats to change how patent laws work, especially seeing the outrage associated with recent pharma profiteering.

Again, uncompromising idealism rarely accomplishes anything. The GOP isn't dead. It's just paying more attention to state level politics, and has been a much more effective legislative voting bloc than the democrats.
    Wait, let us rewind for a moment shall we? Earlier you made a case essentially arguing that the democrats were not betrayers of the working class and that it was the republicans thwarting the righteous liberal will? NOW it's "oh well politics and anyway TPP and NAFTA are actually good things!" So which is it good sir? Is TPP a republican plot that some minority of democrats support but really the democrats are still the liberal stalwart defenders of the working class? Or TPP and NAFTA are actually good gongs and your now flipping into a different lane and arguing that it's actually republicans who are the good guys in this? Dude pick a lane because you are swerving harder than a drunk frat guy trying to make it home after a 3 keg rager.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Alternatively, vote Stein, get nothing you want, and actively contribute to a Trump administration.

But at least while other people are losing their health insurance and Trump is appointing multiple people to the Supreme Court you can sleep well at night wrapped up in your impenetrable blanket of moral righteousness.
    Or vote Clinton and get stabbed through the back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is a profoundly ridiculous thing to say.
    Oh classic Wells with your polite sophistry. "My party right or wrong."
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are several lists out there, classifying the best mail order steaks. Trump Steaks are on nowhere to be found on either.
    It's safe to say that the best of the best are Omaha Steaks and Lobel's. With the former being probably the more renown.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Having looked further I was mistaken, its the Green Party, not Stein herself, but for some reason the Green Party platform endorses Homeopathy of all the dumb things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

What kind of crazy person would choose Hillary over Trump?