Page 24 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorgl View Post
    I didn't realize that for lveling dungeons, thanks for the clarification. (That's pretty cool I guess, cause that means that dg are not totally faceroll)
    You're honestly better off not leveling via dungeons. You should do the one dungeon per zone that you get the quest for though. The combined xp gain from that quest and the follow up is like 180k, and you get an 800 ilvl item. Those two quests is a little more than 13 quests (also why you should do every bonus objective you find, since it's worth 3x quest xp.)

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    So let me understand:

Even at Level 100, the Vengeance DH is still vulnerable. But once he/she gets certain artifact traits unlocked, their resilience goes up significantly? If I'm wrong then by all means help me understand. I'd kinda like a Demon Hunter to be my new main, and I'm also going after the Warglaives of Azzinoth for transmog. If they're just gonna be vulnerable Leather wearers then I won't bother.

Quote Originally Posted by ShasVa View Post
    So let me understand:

Even at Level 100, the Vengeance DH is still vulnerable. But once he/she gets certain artifact traits unlocked, their resilience goes up significantly? If I'm wrong then by all means help me understand. I'd kinda like a Demon Hunter to be my new main, and I'm also going after the Warglaives of Azzinoth for transmog. If they're just gonna be vulnerable Leather wearers then I won't bother.
    Tanks are going to be resilient, its what they do. Vengeance is a healing based tank, much like Death Knights and will be very viable. Everything is tuned around having all Talents with a full Artifact, though the effects of our artifact are worth more so you are essentially playing an underperforming class until you get your full talent tree, where things start to pick up. Eventually it feels a lot better once your artifact is fully unlocked, as thats how the class is meant to be played. Most of our active abilities/rotation comes from our talents, with our Artifact slightly changing the use of some of these.

Also one could argue that Demon Hunters are probably the highest skill cap of the tanks, though that's not saying much these days.

So let me understand:

Even at Level 100, the Vengeance DH is still vulnerable.
    To further clarify about level 100, DH Tanking is still viable. You just are missing 5 talents. All of the talents that unlock more active abilities are not unlocked. Honestly, I can see them saving DH early access to very close to the Legion launch date because the whole DH talent unlock system is tied to you learning the class as you level up to 110 and not to be played at 100 for an extended period of time. At a fresh 110, Vengeance feels just fine. You will more than likely have unlocked a major and minor trait by then. There will be weaknesses depending on what traits you pick at first, but that is a universal thing with the artifact system. We are more than viable, we are just incredibly dependent on the player being active in comparison to some other specs.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm so sorry. That was meant to be Level 110, not Level 100. I was an xpac behind LOL!

I've got a such a Demon Hunter on the Beta. Level 110, and I'm heading towards the major trait "Charred Warblades" (15% heal from all fire damage). Talents I have are:

- Agonizing Flames
    - Feast of Souls
    - Flame Crash
    - Fracture
    - Fel Eruption
    - Fel Devastation
    - Soul Barrier

These appear to be the most self-healing/defensive of the talents. I know I can never stay at 100% health forever (boring, not to mention suspicious). I have considered a Blood DK (I have one on live), but their stunted mobility in Legion is off-putting.

To be honest, tanking was a secondary thing for me, as going through LFR as a tank has been stressful more often than not. On the flipside, I've seen LFR groups fail for many reasons, and it is because of that I wanted to try tanking - to take control. If you want something done right, do it yourself! comes to mind here.

Deleted
    To be honest, tanking was a secondary thing for me, as going through LFR as a tank has been stressful more often than not. On the flipside, I've seen LFR groups fail for many reasons, and it is because of that I wanted to try tanking - to take control. If you want something done right, do it yourself! comes to mind here.
    Haha, I'm very much the same in this regard. I'm keen on trying out tanking in Legion. I've dabbled in the role on alts but I've always mained a healer. I'm hoping I can main my DH tank in Legion! Tanking LFR is an intimidating concept though, I'll admit.

All tanks will be viable. They wont allow any spec to be unviable. Especially if you are doing lfr. Lfr Is easy and only gets easier over time. Don't ever decide your class based off of lfr.

As an alt tank, unless you are alting for 3rd tank in a progression raid, you can pick whatever you want. Gear and knowledge outweigh the "loss" from picking a "weaker" tank
    Last edited by Munkky; 2016-06-18 at 08:15 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkky View Post
    All tanks will be viable. They wont allow any spec to be unviable. Especially if you are doing lfr. Lfr Is easy and only gets easier over time. Don't ever decide your class based off of lfr.

As an alt tank, unless you are alting for 3rd tank in a progression raid, you can pick whatever you want. Gear and knowledge outweigh the "loss" from picking a "weaker" tank
    I'm pretty much the same opinion as Munkky, experience and a good preparation is way more valuable than a minimal stronger tank class. Blizzard will tune all tanks about even and it rly depends on the player. Sure there will be fights were a certain specc is better but thats in almost every tier the case. stick with the class u have the most fun on, for me it was Brewmaster and Windwalker in MoP and WoD and it will be DH in Legion.

So I make youtube videos about all the tank specs and compare them for a mythic raiding or mythic dungeon mindset and really want to make a small post on each of the tank threads just to get myself out there. I do not have enough posts currently to PM a mod so Im kinda going out on a limb and just asking here if anyone knows/thinks that will be frowned upon or not. Im kinda nervous throwing myself out to the MMO-Champ crowd but I figure I need to get myself out there. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Talrial View Post
    So I make youtube videos about all the tank specs and compare them for a mythic raiding or mythic dungeon mindset and really want to make a small post on each of the tank threads just to get myself out there. I do not have enough posts currently to PM a mod so Im kinda going out on a limb and just asking here if anyone knows/thinks that will be frowned upon or not. Im kinda nervous throwing myself out to the MMO-Champ crowd but I figure I need to get myself out there. Thoughts?
    My suggestion is, go for it!

I don't have a problem with you linking a video or guide site in this thread. I'd consider it relevant to the topic. Starting a separate thread for it is frowned upon.
    Orloth SilverEye
    <Demon Hunter Moderator>
    "I am my scars."

Ok nice well I cant post links so now I feel silly. My channel is under the same name as my name here and my latest video is my opinion on all the tanks taken together. I also have Vengeance specific ones such as a dungeon run, their legendary items and all that.

Would you suggest I ask in each tank specific thread about posting about my channel then?

Ok nice well I cant post links so now I feel silly. My channel is under the same name as my name here and my latest video is my opinion on all the tanks taken together. I also have Vengeance specific ones such as a dungeon run, their legendary items and all that.

Would you suggest I ask in each tank specific thread about posting about my channel then?
    You have to make 10 posts in order to post links anyway. As long as the videos are related to the topic there shouldn't be an issue. I am also working on the very same thing, though initially as a website, and I'm on thrall too. Haha

All the best people are

Yea I dont wanna just post a bunch of times to get the amount I need but I guess thats sorta what I am doing now huh

All the best people are

Yea I dont wanna just post a bunch of times to get the amount I need but I guess thats sorta what I am doing now huh
    You could just post in transmog or ui forums or add to the conversation. Talk about dh since this is the dh thread.

Numbers wise, is Darkness worth much as a CD anymore? And has anyone tested to see if it allows spells without a direct target to miss? Id say things such as arcane explosion or fire on the ground or is it very specifically target things such as a shodwbolt?

I was pretty excited when I saw them get a raid cd baseline but Im not convinced of its value anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    So I'm guessing Demon Hunters aren't on the PTR.
    Technically they are, You just cannot play them yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Numbers wise, is Darkness worth much as a CD anymore? And has anyone tested to see if it allows spells without a direct target to miss? Id say things such as arcane explosion or fire on the ground or is it very specifically target things such as a shodwbolt?

I was pretty excited when I saw them get a raid cd baseline but Im not convinced of its value anymore.
    It's pretty much useless, blizzard was vague on it, though they said that it won't cause you to avoid mechanics so that the boss can work correctly.

It is pretty much just a personal cd that you can share to your off tank to dodge some Melee and the occasional cast. You will not use it as a major raid cd due to it being a low rng.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Which race for Vengeance? I'm leaning towards Blood Elf. Hear me out; Arcane Torrent may be a CD skill, but it can restore Pain. Depending on talent setup, this could prove invaluable. And when the entire artifact is open to you, well I can only imagine.

Of course this is just a theory. The Live client may prove otherwise.

Which race for Vengeance? I'm leaning towards Blood Elf. Hear me out; Arcane Torrent may be a CD skill, but it can restore Pain. Depending on talent setup, this could prove invaluable. And when the entire artifact is open to you, well I can only imagine.

Of course this is just a theory. The Live client may prove otherwise.
    Well I play horde so Blood Elf. Not much choice really. Id imagine its basically what side your raid team is on lol