Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benigne View Post
    I would recommend playing either Fury or Enhancement. The boomkin artifact is the most awkward spell in game imo. Also the spec is very slow with many long cast times. Just my two cents though.
    I have to agree with you, the more videos about balance druid I watch the less I want to play that class in legion..
    Fury is looking nice, fast paced and seems fun

I'm struggling because my DK has everything on it whilst Fire Mage is fun to play..

After looking at Legion class design, I'm torn between playing my MoP resto druid and my WOTLK mm hunter. I like the druid spec mechanics a bit more, but the WOTLK private server is more active.

Nope easy call for me, Demon Hunter. Loving them on BETA and really need a change of class to keep things fresh. Still be having the Death Knight as a main alt.

The easiest way to pick a main (aside from picking 'the most OP flavor of the month') is to try each class and pick the one you enjoy.

When the PTR comes out -- and it won't be long now -- make level 100 characters and try each class, each specialization. See if any stand out to you. If you find a class you enjoy playing a lot, stick with it.

For me, I really can find a main, I play a character till 100, I enjoy it, then get bored and want to play a new character... my "maining" life is just not set

Deleted
    This has been my pain for months!!! I tell you, months. I currently main fury, but have been following changes since Legion announcement.

I've tried a long list of classes, and was preparing to main a enh shaman, but I got on PTR...and now I'm really enjoying Assassination Rogue, which I hadn't even considered. I mained Rogue in vanilla and it has the vanilla pvp rank title. It feels like with this honor revamp it brings me back so many memories.

I really do hope I stop hopping around classes and stick to something because I feel I'm going crazy

I came to this board hoping for an answer as well.

I can't decide between being a rogue, priest, or shaman. Shaman has been my main for many years now and I always seem to end up going back to it. I played a lot of priest in WoD and I really like the holy priest changes in Legion. I've always wanted to be a rogue and try raiding as DPS instead of a healer, but I always feel like I'm not very good at it even though I have fun with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tell me about it...

Rogue has always been my main, but I'll have to retire him this time. My guild needs my blood DK, with spriest on the side.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    I'm struggling myself. I want to go dps and move away from tanking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Rogue has always been my main, but I'll have to retire him this time. My guild needs my blood DK,
    For every homeless tank that can't find a guild because all spots are taken there's always a guy who tanks but doesn't want to... I wonder why.

Deleted
    I'm going to play Demon Hunter. Wanted to roleplay Arthas since day 1 and finally it's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    I'm going to play Demon Hunter. Wanted to roleplay Arthas since day 1 and finally it's possible.
    There's so much wrong with this statement.

I'm primarily a solo PvPer looking at up to 4 toons:

Main/Primary alt: Rogue and Demon Hunter.... undecided which will be which.

On Rogue side, I've played a rogue since Vanilla Beta, and I love stealth.... On the other I kinda hate most of the rogue changes this expansion.

For the DH: I love Vengeance in PvP (mechanically speaking it doesn't feel "ability pruned" like other specs, even if it DOES need to be toned down like basically all tanks right now).... but really really hate Havoc in PvP, and I feel compelled to raid again this expansion, as it's the easiest way to PvP gear, but hate raid tanking.

Boundry alts (probably not much more effort than unlocking their pvp talents and doing an occasional bg):
    some combination of DK/Shadow/Destro

10+ Year Old Account
    At first I thought I was going to go priest. Because the guild will need a healer and the new Disc looked interesting.

But.. in Beta I tried out shadow, that would be the "solo" and "leveling" spec my case, and found it to be very boring. Visually and mechanically. Even if group play would be fine, I can't stand the thought of not liking my class whenever I do something solo.

Ultimate compromise have been to realise that I'd rather play as paladin. So I can be out and about in the world doing melee strikes as ret, and play as holy in raids.

The issue after that is the freaking Artefact system. I did in beta yesterday, at level 100, choose the holy Artefact and will now try leveling as HOLY. I think it will be a mistake that I won't repeat on live. :P I'm also very disappointed that Hpalas use a two hander now, considering I had a kick-ass transmog with one-hander and shield..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    For every homeless tank that can't find a guild because all spots are taken there's always a guy who tanks but doesn't want to... I wonder why.
    I love tanking.

Though, I've asked my guild to replace me for a while but they don't trust anyone else >_<
    *waves at all homeless tanks*

Loving Enh from PTR. Very dynamic, great visuals, abilities have the "oomph", talent tree with great customization, Sundering. Pretty much a 180 on the previous slow Enh with tons of downtime and clunky AoE.

Really, almost all classes I've tried are an improvement. Arms is the bulky strong hitter I've always wanted it to be, Fury plays very fast (and has Rampage), Outlaw is suprisingly fun with all of the RNG, Shadow Priest in general. The only thing that feels weak is MM hunter, my long time main. Not only RNg is written in the core rotation (without being fun, like with Outlaw), the rotation feels very, well, annoying. But hey, SV is cool.

7+ Year Old Account
    I have talked about this in a different topic already, but w/e...

My Warrior (Tank) was my main since TBC and even my first character ever created. I always loved and played him, did everything with him from hardcore/progress raiding, pvp, pet battles to achievement and mount farming... so yeah, I spent quite some time with that Warrior.

However, I just can't stand what he is becoming in Legion... the class hall, lorewise, the playstyle... it just doesn't feel right. So unfortunately and heavy-hearted I will be saying good bye to my Warrior.

Yet I could not decide what to main in Legion. At first I thought about DH or DK Tank since I always was the main tank in my guilds... but DK feels terribly boring and DH will be hyped as fuck and there will be too many (at least in the first couple of months maybe). Paladin just doesn't fit me because of all that "holy" and "light" theme.

So it must be something else then... but I just can't decide. I tried some specs in Alpha and Beta but I have not found the ONE which downright amazed me from the beginning. It's a tough decision...

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shaman since at the moment Enhance Shamans are really good..

10+ Year Old Account
    Enhance shaman which has been my main since Jan 2005, plus my monk doesn't have fishing, cooking, and archeology. Will turn my shaman into a panda (from an orc, would be a goblin but it seems they're not bothering with those remodels) since I likely won't be playing alts in this expansion save a NE DH.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

I played retri few years back. I play retri now and i will play retri in future too. Too much character-bond titles,items,mounts etc.