Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    It's still extremely easy to know when and where Reaper is going to appear before using Death Blossom. So you can do some preparations before he jumps down and starts screaming while spinning. Heck, you can even shoot him before he's completely materialized.

Just need some map knowledge and to have game sounds on.
    Except he could simply not be teleporting?

It's not simply

1. Show up
    2. Teleport behind team
    3. Press Q

You could just teleport somewhere that allows you to get behind them and then kill them all. There's no sound they'll hear, because they'll be fighting the rest of your team.

Whereas McCree fucking glows and overpowers every other sound.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    You could just teleport somewhere that allows you to get behind them and then kill them all. There's no sound they'll hear, because they'll be fighting the rest of your team.
    Maybe so, maybe not - can't remember last time when Reaper would've pulled an ult which killed more than two players. If enemy team has Reaper, especially with ult ready, you shouldn't go as one stack -- heck, people aren't standing on top of each other on KotH or Payload maps. Besides, maps aren't that open - if enemy team has flanker or two and they aren't using main route, it's pretty easy to guess what route they chose to use. -- Also, footsteps are quite easy to hear in Overwatch.

But anyways, I usually take the role of protecting my team's back in Quick Play to make sure nobody sneaks behind them.

Except he could simply not be teleporting?

It's not simply

1. Show up
    2. Teleport behind team
    3. Press Q

Whereas McCree fucking glows and overpowers every other sound.
    Because an entire enemy team will never have a single person looking back.

This isn't even an argument, this is you for some reason acting like people will have pro reactions to a McCree ult (instantly knowing where he is, and instantly hiding) while acting like people will be totally clueless about a Reaper (not keeping track of him, not always checking their back knowing that's exactly how Reaper works)

Because Reaper kills you instantly, pretty much. Good luck running behind Renhardt when Reaper jumps next to you.
    I've seen countless Reapers die mid-DIE from simple damage, without killing anyone. All down to your team's reaction speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard priorities enemy sounds over friendly sounds. There's no amount of combat that's going to stop me from hearing "re positioning" if I'm even remotely close to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    There's no amount of combat that's going to stop me from hearing "re positioning
    Dunno if it's just me but isn't he actually saying" reaper-sitioning" an intended pun?

Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    Now that hes been nerfed i want to start playing him some more without feeling (much) like a cheapass...

1. I cannot seem to understand how his ult works. Sometimes i kill and sometimes it doesn't do anything. I make sure to wait till i see the red skull before i fire too.

2. New fan the hammer - before i didn't care much if i missed some shots because it was so strong but now im feeling like a missed shot or two isn't going to kill anyone. How can i make sure all my bullets will connect when i use it?

Thats all i can think of for now, thanks...
    You can play him like 9/10 McCrees you come across and use a hack to make sure every fan of hammer hits the person you are firing at in the head. The benefit to this is you can also find something that will allow you to watch your enemies every step to where you can just fan of hammer when they run around a corner NP without your stun grenade.

Yes, I love salt.

lol when i am on widow, reaper never gets to say his second "DIE" :P

Because Reaper kills you instantly, pretty much. Good luck running behind Renhardt when Reaper jumps next to you.
    No it doesn't otherwise I wouldn't consistently interrupt Reaper using McCree I'd be dead.
    Playing McCree behind Reinhardt allows you to almost always have your flashbang for the heroes that come in close.

When your team has half a brain they don't run from Reaper ult anymore they actually do just instantly kill him. I play Roadhog a lot, and if Reaper is even remotely getting close to the team I save my hook.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zyster View Post
    You can play him like 9/10 McCrees you come across and use a hack to make sure every fan of hammer hits the person you are firing at in the head. The benefit to this is you can also find something that will allow you to watch your enemies every step to where you can just fan of hammer when they run around a corner NP without your stun grenade.

Yes, I love salt.
    How long is this misinformation going to be regurgitated....

You CANNOT get a headshot bonus with FtH
    Last edited by Zelendria; 2016-06-20 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Blizzard priorities enemy sounds over friendly sounds. There's no amount of combat that's going to stop me from hearing "re positioning" if I'm even remotely close to it.
    Honestly, I think Reaper needs some kind of buff. He's so easy to counter. Snipers trash him for one.

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Dunno if it's just me but isn't he actually saying" reaper-sitioning" an intended pun?
    Pretty sure he is :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelendria View Post
    No it doesn't otherwise I wouldn't consistently interrupt Reaper using McCree I'd be dead.
    Playing McCree behind Reinhardt allows you to almost always have your flashbang for the heroes that come in close.

When your team has half a brain they don't run from Reaper ult anymore they actually do just instantly kill him. I play Roadhog a lot, and if Reaper is even remotely getting close to the team I save my hook.

- - - Updated - - -

How long is this misinformation going to be regurgitated....

You CANNOT get a headshot bonus with FtH
    You can however guarantee all shots. Derpy derp derp. No where did I mention critical shots or w/e you want to call it.

Oh yea you said about using FtH to headshot, but not talking about extra damage to lure someone in to be a smart arse.. Course you did. I totally believe you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelendria View Post

Also fun as a Pharah above watching Reaper 'sneaking' in close and then E him away from the group as he starts going spin spin spin. ^^

Reaper just needs to teleport above the enemy team and pop Q while falling down. He'll instantly kill the squishies unless they have a Lucio or very good reflexes.

I'm level 40 or so and maybe not the highest MMR ( though I am often the lowest level in my queues ) but I normally kill at least 3 people with Reaper's ult, whereas with McCree people know to run as soon as they hear '' It's High Noon ".
    I've had this discussion with people before regarding D.Va's ult. Why do you think them running isn't a good thing? Let's look at an example! Hanamura!

So, you're defending or attacking the last point in Hanamura, suddenly you hear "IT'S HIGH NOON" in the middle of a 5v6. Now what? If you run, You WILL lose people. If you fight, High noon will kill everyone. You're in a lose-lose situation. Does reinhardt stand there like an idiot with his shield up for 6 seconds while your team clumps together? That's not going to go well either.

Now, let's say you're Reaper. You get the perfect flank from the side, no one sees it coming, in the middle of that same 5v6. You "DIE DIE DIE"...only to get roadhog hooked, flash banged, mei walled, etc. out of it.

Reaper is *not* bad. McCree is also *not* bad. They serve different purposes for different comps. McCree can harass far better - Reaper can only kill. That doesn't make him bad - he's one of the best torbjorn and tank killing heroes and his ult can cripple an unexpecting team. However, as your MMR raises, you'll find less opportunities for good reaper ults. I've had quite a few games where I was *happy* to get 2 people in Death Blossom, because there were never opportunities to get more.

Group-wipe ults get less valuable as you reach higher mmrs. That doesn't make them bad - they still serve a purpose. However, Roadhog's ult, McCrees ult, Genji's ult, etc. all get *far* stronger when the enemy teams start spreading out more.

Also, Flash bang -> Double headshot is stronger than Fan the Hammer in most cases. It's over 300 damage. It's just harder to do.