Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post
    did not troll this thread..

anyone have a quick PvE rotaion/priority to share please. want to try on the PTR today
    I'm not sure how to open quite yet but what I'm doing is Raptor Strike (x4), Explosive Trap, Lacerate, Raptor Strike, (aspect of the eagle) Mongoose Bite x3, Raptor Strike (maintain buff), Snake Hunter and MBx3 again

Flanking Strike only if you cap focus, rotation wise using ET on CD, keeping lacerate up, keeping raptor strike buff up, and using mongoose bite when you have 3x or more.

This could be completely wrong, I don't have anything to base it off of. I'm using Way of the Mok'Nathal, Improved Traps, Snake Hunter, Serpent Sting, Expert Trapper.

I think it would be better to open with Lacerate+ET, then RSx4. With that, you have at least some damage going until you have moknathal stacked, and soon after x4 you're able to to Lacerate+ET again. That's at least how I'm doing it, maybe it's worse this way

I play Survival hunter and I just needed to ask a few questions. Will all the abilities change since Surv hunters are going melee or will they keep some of the old ones? Would you guys switch to a different hunter spec since survival is going melee or will you guys stay as Survival hunters?

Quote Originally Posted by Garmodon View Post
    I play Survival hunter and I just needed to ask a few questions. Will all the abilities change since Surv hunters are going melee or will they keep some of the old ones? Would you guys switch to a different hunter spec since survival is going melee or will you guys stay as Survival hunters?
    The only thing staying the same is probably you having a pet and that you can cast traps. The rest is pretty much changed...

Im going to try both Survival and Marksmanship!

Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    The only thing staying the same is probably you having a pet and that you can cast traps. The rest is pretty much changed...

Im going to try both Survival and Marksmanship!
    Best of luck to you and thanks for the knowledge

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    I'm not sure how to open quite yet but what I'm doing is Raptor Strike (x4), Explosive Trap, Lacerate, Raptor Strike, (aspect of the eagle) Mongoose Bite x3, Raptor Strike (maintain buff), Snake Hunter and MBx3 again

Flanking Strike only if you cap focus, rotation wise using ET on CD, keeping lacerate up, keeping raptor strike buff up, and using mongoose bite when you have 3x or more.

This could be completely wrong, I don't have anything to base it off of. I'm using Way of the Mok'Nathal, Improved Traps, Snake Hunter, Serpent Sting, Expert Trapper.
    Flanking strike is one of those Moves I feel should be used on CD, Does pretty big damage and has double chance to proc Mongoose charges and only costs 15 more focus that Raptor.

I found myself keeping up the lacerate buff and using MB, FS and Explosive Trap on charge/CD

Rotation feels almost like playing a rogue or a dk.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    Flanking strike is one of those Moves I feel should be used on CD, Does pretty big damage and has double chance to proc Mongoose charges and only costs 15 more focus that Raptor.
    Agree, Flankng strike is used on CD, the damage and proc chance makes it far too important not to, which leaves Little focus to keep up WotM, raptor strike is honestly the button I use the least, but I havent picked up WotM, messing with took throwing axes instead, not keen on the idea of keeping up a 8 second buff procced by such a weak attack as raptor strike, no idea on the theorycrafting behind it, but I really don't hope that WotM comes out on top.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Agree, Flankng strike is used on CD, the damage and proc chance makes it far too important not to, which leaves Little focus to keep up WotM, raptor strike is honestly the button I use the least, but I havent picked up WotM, messing with took throwing axes instead, not keen on the idea of keeping up a 8 second buff procced by such a weak attack as raptor strike, no idea on the theorycrafting behind it, but I really don't hope that WotM comes out on top.
    Cause loosing 12% damage on all other attacks and also proccing SS sure does not compensate for the attack itself not doing alot of damage, right ?
    Flanking strike is not worth to use on CD cause of the horrible damage/focus cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    That was my feeling as well, I've done some very brief testing on the PTR with the spec, I went improved traps and dragonsfire grenade, and I'm finding that there is very little downtime in the rotation even when waiting for stacks of mongoose bite to build up, if WotM was a longer duration buff I think it would be a lot better but trying to fit in enough raptor strikes to keep it up ended up leaving other more important skills sitting off cooldown for longer than i'd like. My gut feeling would suggest thats more of a dps loss than what you gain from the buff, but I could be totally wrong.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    Cause loosing 12% damage on all other attacks and also proccing SS sure does not compensate for the attack itself not doing alot of damage, right ?
    Flanking strike is not worth to use on CD cause of the horrible damage/focus cost.
    Flanking strike currently hits about 2-3times harder (depending on if I'm getting attacked vs my pet/tank due to 50% increased damage) than Raptor strike.
    Way of Mok'nathal has a 8 sec duration. If you can't use Flanking strike on Cooldown and keep up Raptor strikes damage bonus well... I would say you need to learn to manage your CD's a lot better. Though personally I use the Wild Instincts talent, getting 10% Haste/Mastery off Flanking Strike, plus Flanking strike having double chance to proc Hunting companion directly leads to far more Mongoose bites over a say 5 min fight.

Way of Mok'nathal seems like more average dps bland rotation, whereas Wild instincts feels like it has a lot more windows of Mongoose spam and has a higher chance of getting 6 stack Fury of the Eagle's out.

At level 110 on the beta I found this rotation to be the best. Specced in to this talents

Tier 1 Animal instinct! With this talent you want to use Flanking Strike on CD
    Tier 2 Imporoved Traps! Short cf on explosive trap (15 sec)
    Tier 3 Posthaste
    Tier 4 Snake Hunter! For on demand Burst
    Tier 5 What ever suits you. Rangers net can be quite useful to peel a healer if one got aggro.
    Tier 6 Dragonfire Grenade! A most pick talent. Extremly strong with 3+ targets
    Tier 7 Expert trapper! For 100% increased damage on explosive trap. Makes explosive trap as powerful as a 5-6 stack mongoose bite hit.

My opener for singel target: Lacarete -> Explosive Trap -> Flanking Strike (and hope for mastery buff) ->3x Mongoose Bite -> Snake Hunter -> 3x Mongoose bit -> Fury of the eage at 6 stacks Mongoose bites -> lacerate -> Explosive Trap -> Flanking Strike -> Aspect of the Eagle ->

I rarley use Raptor Strike at all in this build. Only time I do is if I have more the 50% focus and nothing else to press.

I am not specced into improved Aspect of the eagle yet so I dont have 30% increased damge from it otherwise I would start the rotation with it and save Snake Hunter until Fury of the eagle is used.

My opener for AoE : Dragonfire Grenade -> Explosive Trap -> Carve until no focus -> 3x mongoose Bite ( more if you can ) -> Fury of the eagle ->

The reason you want to carve untill you are out of focus is becuase of the talent Hellcarver wich increases damage dealt by carve with 13% (if fully filled with 4 points) for each target hit. This mean if there are 10 targets carve will hit for 130% more damage. The longer the fight goes the weaker carve gets cuz mobs dies and mongoose bit into fury of the eagle get to be the better option!
    Last edited by Deshi; 2016-06-20 at 02:30 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post

thank you and everyone else for the input on how to play with the new priority management. I am also glad Flanking Strike is being discussed here above. Survival seems more fun the more I understand it on the PTR! Just need to snag a spear off M Mannoroth for pre Legion patch!
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

Quote Originally Posted by Deshi View Post
    At level 110 on the beta I found this rotation to be the best. Specced in to this talents

Tier 1 Animal instinct! With this talent you want to use Flanking Strike on CD
    Tier 2 Imporoved Traps! Short cf on explosive trap (15 sec)
    Tier 3 Posthaste
    Tier 4 Snake Hunter! For on demand Burst
    Tier 5 What ever suits you. Rangers net can be quite useful to peel a healer if one got aggro.
    Tier 6 Dragonfire Grenade! A most pick talent. Extremly strong with 3+ targets
    Tier 7 Expert trapper! For 100% increased damage on explosive trap. Makes explosive trap as powerful as a 5-6 stack mongoose bite hit.

My opener for singel target: Lacarete -> Explosive Trap -> Flanking Strike (and hope for mastery buff) ->3x Mongoose Bite -> Snake Hunter -> 3x Mongoose bit -> Fury of the eage at 6 stacks Mongoose bites -> lacerate -> Explosive Trap -> Flanking Strike -> Aspect of the Eagle ->

I rarley use Raptor Strike at all in this build. Only time I do is if I have more the 50% focus and nothing else to press.

I am not specced into improved Aspect of the eagle yet so I dont have 30% increased damge from it otherwise I would start the rotation with it and save Snake Hunter until Fury of the eagle is used.

My opener for AoE : Dragonfire Grenade -> Explosive Trap -> Carve until no focus -> 3x mongoose Bite ( more if you can ) -> Fury of the eagle ->

The reason you want to carve untill you are out of focus is becuase of the talent Hellcarver wich increases damage dealt by carve with 13% (if fully filled with 4 points) for each target hit. This mean if there are 10 targets carve will hit for 130% more damage. The longer the fight goes the weaker carve gets cuz mobs dies and mongoose bit into fury of the eagle get to be the better option!
    Tier 1, wrong.
    And your openers are from another planet, I don't even know where to start.

"Hope for Mastery buff", that's a nice meme.

You're looking like a fool even attempting to assess what is best based on nothing but what I assume is anecdotal experience and "gut feeling". Just stop, pretty please. This post is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    Flanking strike currently hits about 2-3times harder (depending on if I'm getting attacked vs my pet/tank due to 50% increased damage) than Raptor strike.
    Way of Mok'nathal has a 8 sec duration. If you can't use Flanking strike on Cooldown and keep up Raptor strikes damage bonus well... I would say you need to learn to manage your CD's a lot better. Though personally I use the Wild Instincts talent, getting 10% Haste/Mastery off Flanking Strike, plus Flanking strike having double chance to proc Hunting companion directly leads to far more Mongoose bites over a say 5 min fight.

Way of Mok'nathal seems like more average dps bland rotation, whereas Wild instincts feels like it has a lot more windows of Mongoose spam and has a higher chance of getting 6 stack Fury of the Eagle's out.
    Manage CDs better? Tell me a better joke kek.

You cannot mathematically use Flanking on CD while keeping up Lacerate and WotMN.

With 0 haste(10 Focus/s), here's the focus breakdown:
    Lacerate 35 focus per 10s = 3.5/s
    Raptor Strike 25/8s = 3.125/s
    Flanking Strike 50/6s = 8.3333.../s

Total of 14.95 Focus/s needed to maintain "Flanking Strike on CD" rotation.

Stop spreading bullshit.

Early sims have already shown that WotMN is by far the best option, even after the nerf.
    Current stat prio(from Simc) for SV is Agi > Vers > Haste >> Crit >>>>>>>>>>>> Mastery

You do realize how fucking shit Hunting Companion is, and how small the chance of Flanking Strike giving you a stack is? Well, I know you don't, but you'd look less like an idiot if you didn't pretend you did.

Deleted
    Flanking Strike on CD may be intended, which explains why it FEELS right, but with current tuning it isn't, mathematically speaking. People claiming gut feeling is an argument in a scientific discussion make me mad already outside the forums. Get real.

Hey all! I am new to this forum so I apologize if this has been discussed, or if this is the wrong place for it, but I was playing around on ptr as Survival; been playing as this class since pretty much vanilla (had a few breaks from wow here and there some long, some short), have a decent understanding of how the class works. My question is very specific, and I'm hoping that with a few more heads it'll be a clear answer, but my question is about the 100 talent Aspect of the Beast.

For the most part I'm just hitting dummies, getting an idea for rotation and flow, priorities and what not, but the talent AotB at first glance seems kinda weak but I've noticed a significant increase in the number of hunting companion procs when I use this talent. The ability in recount/skada comes up as an attack generated from the pet and is physical and given the tool-tip for our mastery it doesn't specifically say auto-attacks it says attacks. My question is if anyone else has done any testing with it? Would do some testing to back up what I've been finding or have just been flukes? Does the dot or initial application interact with our mastery? Would like to know thanks!
    Last edited by Thurlo; 2016-06-20 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    You do realize how fucking shit Hunting Companion is, and how small the chance of Flanking Strike giving you a stack is? Well, I know you don't, but you'd look less like an idiot if you didn't pretend you did.
    How about you put up or shut up. Wow you use to be a great person for information and hunter community. Now your just an asshole to people for no good reason. I don't see anything posted by you on talents, rotation. Just posts on putting everyone else down.

Quote Originally Posted by mynscnboo View Post
    How about you put up or shut up. Wow you use to be a great person for information and hunter community. Now your just an asshole to people for no good reason. I don't see anything posted by you on talents, rotation. Just posts on putting everyone else down.
    We don't know exactly what the best options are yet because updating SimC is still very much a work-in-progress and there's very little opportunity to actually test in raids, not to mention tuning being ongoing. That's sort of his point... people are claiming all sorts of things as facts when they can't possibly know yet (well, some things we can know just by simple math, like the awfulness of the current version of Hunting Companion).
    Dibbler <Electric Sheep> - Mythic raiding 7/7, 2/3, 10 hours/week

FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC