Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I also plan to do a 16+ hour marathon the first night!
    I'm not even sure if i can play 2 hours straight before i get bored again, even if it is new content and all.. never understood people who go overboard just because a new xpac launched.. it's not like you gonna miss out on stuff

Deleted
    I don't enjoy rushing / playing 12+ hours at launch.
    I want to enjoy, digest and level slowly , and hit cap around 1-2 weeks later. That will leave room for other also getting there , so I can make use of lfg and have many others to do Group World Quests with

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I also plan to do a 16+ hour marathon the first night!
    its nice plans but be careful with them because last time people planed something like that 1 random dc from server and they were ending up in 8 h + ques after WoD launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Aakarshan View Post
    As someone who personally loved them and tried for them in Cataclysm and MoP (only got Cata, sadly) I say good riddance though.
    As a person that tried to go for realm first fishing in MOP and lost it by 2 skill points I'm a bit sad they removed them however if Legion launch ends up same as WOD then I'm glad they're out as it would not be a test of who's better at what rather than a lottery who manages to log in and don't get kicked out of the server.

And about the world first guilds in raiding, from saronite bombs in ICC through class stacking on DS spine and Blackhand (with rumours of account sharing on that one) to mass switching to horde in TOT because of Troll 5% extra damage to beasts (and berseking + herbalism + engi glove synergy) I really stopped caring about who is better at "creative use of game mechanics". If that's what makes or breaks the world first, I don't really feel entertained.

15+ Year Old Account
    The hype left with the pre patch release date.

Quote Originally Posted by I Knew It View Post
    Dirty casual
    I said 16+ not 16! I might just never sleep again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    its nice plans but be careful with them because last time people planed something like that 1 random dc from server and they were ending up in 8 h + ques after WoD launch.
    I'm reasonably confident that won't happen this time. WoD was super hype and it caused the game to spike up to 12 million subs. They also doubled server capacity which fixed the issues after a few days. That doubled server capacity still exists, and after the PR disaster that was WoD there's no way in fuck that wow is going to instantly jump back up to 12 million subs. Maybe 10 mil if they're lucky but I'd personally guess around 6-8.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Koenig View Post
    I'm not even sure if i can play 2 hours straight before i get bored again, even if it is new content and all.. never understood people who go overboard just because a new xpac launched.. it's not like you gonna miss out on stuff
    Artifact Power!!! I'll be behind the curve on the nigh infinite grind if I don't go hard in the paint! Also, I do it because I just fucking love this shit. I really really do. Do note that I'm also not the sort to bitch about lack of content if I burn through it at record pace.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2016-06-20 at 11:21 AM.

To be honest I've never cared who is realm/world first. Doesn't interest me I just focus on my own gaming experience

Its pretty obvious what happened. Blizzard put most of the Marketing (Read Hype) Budget into the Movie and WoD. WoD flopped, the movie barely broke even. Its pretty safe to say they are trying to keep marketing budgets low for the time being. Makes you wonder what would have happened if they did the Legion invasion before the Time Travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Its pretty obvious what happened. Blizzard put most of the Marketing (Read Hype) Budget into the Movie and WoD. WoD flopped, the movie barely broke even. Its pretty safe to say they are trying to keep marketing budgets low for the time being. Makes you wonder what would have happened if they did the Legion invasion before the Time Travel.
    More likely, they were put under severe budget pressure when Activision-Blizzard bought out Vivendi. The huge debt the corporation took on to fund that has to be paid down.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    The amount of people who only read the title and assumed the OP means the "hype over the new expansion" in this thread makes me laugh.

Where is the hype?
    I was never really hyped about anything I haven't participated in.
    The only race i was interested in was on who within my friend-circle would hit max level 1st. That said; i think i outgrew that kind of hype about 3-4 years ago.

It is the policy of most major game companies that if interest in a game is NOT hitting their target numbers, they roll out some bonus content for pre-purchase that goes beyond what is normally given. Legion was announced August 6th, 2015. In November, they announced that you get early access to Demon Hunters if you pre-purchase. I suspect they had some metric to let them know just how much interest there was in playing Legion, saw it was not hitting targets, and then unveiled early Demon Hunter access to boost sales. That's usually how it is done.

That's a clue that hype and sales were/are probably low for this xpac, although I can't confirm that.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsumei View Post
    I would be hyped. But spend too much time playing Overwatch.
    This, I was leveling on beta got to 110 and then OW came out and I haven't really done anything for 3 weeks now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shyguybman View Post
    This, I was leveling on beta got to 110 and then OW came out and I haven't really done anything for 3 weeks now.
    How long did it take from 100-110?

Sendt fra min E2303 med Tapatalk

Those achievements were removed in Warlords of Draenor, if I remember correctly. Never saw "World/Realm First, Level 100 <Insert Class/Race>" at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hyped as shit.

I just keep it inside and get all giddy all the time.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

I am hyped. Well as much as I can be after that thing happened and i never even left my garrison the last 6 month. Got teleported to raid and then hearthed back to the Garrison. The world is a scary place better not move too much in it

Deleted
    Some of those "achievements" could be easily done with gold or paying others. The game is better now. The first impressive achievements in WoD were getting gold in challenge mode (it wasn't easy back then, gear was shit and lower level than the cap and people didn't know tactics yet).

I think Blizzard finally hit the nail on the head with Overwatch during the gap. Don't get me wrong D3 and the SCII expansions were good but Overwatch really seems to be making me forget about worrying about WoW a whole lot right now which imo is a GREAT thing. Don't get me wrong I still want to play Legion. I check these forums and youtubers for info all the time. But I got another game that is really entertaining me in the mean time which helps a shit ton. Usually during the gaps it was those other Blizzard titles I mentioned above or another MMO which usually turned out to be total shit after a month or two.

This time. Not so bad. Of course this is personal and completely subjective.

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepriest View Post
    I remember since BC there has always been hype about world first Max level, bets on guilds that are going for world first raid... Etc...
    Hype on world first <New Class>, <New Race> etc...

I haven't see threads about what are you doing to preping for race to 110, which quests you will hold onto to turn in right at launch, etc...

Am I just blind?
    First off hopefully the word has died cause it's getting retarded when i hear a moron on youtube or twitch saying smth along the lines of emoticon hype... Pretty much killed the whole meaning of the word.

Now for people getting overworked about everything... well with how games have been in the last few years(a.k.a very few actually delivering) hopefully people have grown smarter and will actually look at the product before buying it. I'll be honest the beta atm in it's current state is worrying(and it's a bit over 2 month till it has to go live) and starting to have a few doubts now about Legion.

This expansion I will try to not rush it, and instead just take my time and enjoy the new content in a slower pace.
    This probably wont hold, I will probably end up stressing my way to max level :P If I get into beta so I can complete the zones I will definitely not take it slow... I think :P