Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Tips people may not know - Share yours!

Some heroes can skip their reload animation by meleeing in the middle of it. Most notable on Reaper - it reduces the 1.5 second reload to like .75 seconds. Everyone else has to melee in the middle of the animation, so it's not quite as noticeable but still is an advantage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    Reaper's reload cancel doesn't actually speed up reloading. It just gives you a free melee which isn't bad for a character that's always in your face. This was even confirmed by a blue.
    Appears I was wrong.

McCree was only nerfed if you're bad with accuracy. Flash bang + double headshot is still 305 damage. It's just not as easy as right clicking.

Hanzo's E can 1shot more than half of the heroes in the game - Aim at their feat, specifically the center of their model between their feet for most heroes.

Junkrat's Concussion mine does quite a bit of damage - don't be afraid to use it offensively.

Pharah's Rockets can be used to give you a boost or make you move away from a wall very quickly. Useful for pharah vs pharah - your rocket only does 35 damage to yourself. Better than eating a direct missile!

Damage is VERY noticeable and may make people react instantly - even if it's a long range 1 damage tracer shot. I've saved quite a few healers by just shooting reaper from long range with low damage, making him wraith form.
    Last edited by Yoshimiko; 2016-06-20 at 09:49 AM.

You can rotate Mei's ice wall by pressing E again before putting it down

And remove it before the duration is up by pressing E

10+ Year Old Account
    Reaper's reload cancel doesn't actually speed up reloading. It just gives you a free melee which isn't bad for a character that's always in your face. This was even confirmed by a blue.

• Torb can build his turret like twice as fast by pressing 1 and then 2 in between hammer swings.
    • Genji can triple jump by double jumping then wall climbing even just a little bit. It resets your double jump so you can do it again in mid-air. He pretty much revolves around animation canceling and his main burst combo is Right click+melee+dash when close. On King's Row, you can jump into the hole, double jump and then dash out the other for an escape/flank.
    • Hanzo can shoot an arrow straight up into the sky and it'll come back down 20 sec later. So you can time Sonic Arrows on defense and have 2 up by the time enemies spawn.
    • Junkrat's tire can pick up health. If you explode it in mid-air it does less damage than if it were on the ground. His traps can steal health packs if you place them on the pack and it gets damaged.
    • If Bastion gets stuck with a Tracer bomb, ulting can save his life.
    • On McCree, you can throw the flashbang over the top of Reinhardt's shield to stun him.
    • Enemies in Winston's bubble can't get buffs like lucio ult/auras.
    • On Soldier 76, 4 shot burst is the most accurate. You can rocket jump to good spots with him if timed correctly.
    • On Mei, when trapped by Junkrat, look straight down and cast wall. It boosts you up and breaks trap.
    • Roadhog can hook D.Va ult to get it away from teammates. Generally, in Roadhog vs Roadhog, whoever hooks first loses because the guy who gets hooked gets to attack first. You can animation cancel most of his abilities into others.
    • On Zarya, left click at least some even if planning to use only right clicks. If there's even 1 ammo left in the clip, you can still right click even though it uses 25 ammo.
    • Zenyatta can charge a full right click even with 1 ammo left.
    • You can animation cancel Reinhardt swings into shield or fire strike.
    • The payload heals you for 10 hps.
    • You can turn friendly health on for Zarya and 76 so you know who to heal/shield.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

D.Va's headbutt. Learn it, live it, love it.

I find myself using Junkrat's mine more as a grenade than a mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    Damage is VERY noticeable and may make people react instantly - even if it's a long range 1 damage tracer shot. I've saved quite a few healers by just shooting reaper from long range with low damage, making him wraith form.
    Also very useful on D.Va when you're out of range to do anything more useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Amirila View Post
    You can rotate Mei's ice wall by pressing E again before putting it down

And remove it before the duration is up by pressing E
    Yeah ice wall removal really needs some kind of PSA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Always try to shoot trough the walls. The game code is so badly made that sometimes you can do it and get a free kill while your opponent can't do anything.

Genji can use animation cancels to open up on people for 175 damage roughly, as long as you're at close range. Right Click > Melee > Dash. If you do it in that order, you cancel each animation almost instantaneously. The whole combo can be performed in less than half a second.

Reinhardt can cancel his melee swings mid swing to improve his dps slightly, by tapping shield while holding down left click. You'll get a very short swing that comes from the right side. As soon as it makes contact, tap right click, and you will get another instant melee. You don't get the arc, but if you keep the enemy at the right side of the screen it will burn any hero in moments.

Mei can use Ice wall to create ramps with which to throw herself off cliffs. Give it a try!

Roadhog has an animation cancel combo, kind of like Genji's but with more range. Need aim though. RIGHT Click + Hook simultaneously (you can do both at the same time) > LEFT click > melee. Aside from Tanks this will kill every hero in the game. Including Reapers if you hook from close enough. The stun lasts too long for them to spectre. Same with Mei.

Pharah's concussion missile can be used as a personal mobility tool. If you've extended yourself too far or need to chase someone, point your concuss at a wall opposite where you want to go (need to be close to the wall, obviously), and it will shoot you away as if you were an enemy. Can be a good way to get into the air if your jump jet is on cooldown, too. Damages you slightly but the advantage outweighs the con significantly.

Don't forget your melee. This applies to all heroes. SOOOO few people actually melee, even when they're in melee range and out of ammo. Melee is an instant 30 damage which hits EVERYTHING in a 180 degree arc around you. And not just one target, melee hits EVERYONE. It's like a mini Reinhardt swing with less animation time. Seriously. Punch people more.
    Last edited by Kalmakk; 2016-06-20 at 10:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalmakk View Post

Roadhog has an animation cancel combo, kind of like Genji's but with more range. Need aim though. Right Click + Hook simultaneously (you can do both at the same time) > Right click > melee.
    *Left click+melee
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Went ahead and edited that typo, thanks mate.

Another one I'll add;

Widowmaker mine can be used offensively, too. It's especially strong if your enemy team is clumped up. Just throw the mine into them and they will all take 75 ticking damage. Usually results in kills if they take any fire at all from your team.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty obvious, but using Shift on an ally (dead or alive) before casting Resurrect on Mercy prevents you from being a sitting target while your animation finishes.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

10+ Year Old Account
    [*]You can turn friendly health on for Zarya and 76 so you know who to heal/shield.
    What...thank you for this! I didn't know and will be doing this when I play today.

My tidbit: D.Va's defense matrix can actually absorb certain ults entirely. I've read it can absorb Hanzo's if it catches the arrow before it turns into a dragon (not sure about this one). It can definitely absorb Mei's Q if it's tossed onto it. I even had a Mei teammate complaining one time wondering where their ult went, since they threw it out and it never went off.

Stop running into Bastion like damn cannon fodder. Or Tjorborn turrets. for that matter.

share my tip? no thanks I am not a prostitute yet

• Torb can build his turret like twice as fast by pressing 1 and then 2 in between hammer swings.
    • Genji can triple jump by double jumping then wall climbing even just a little bit. It resets your double jump so you can do it again in mid-air. He pretty much revolves around animation canceling and his main burst combo is Right click+melee+dash when close. On King's Row, you can jump into the hole, double jump and then dash out the other for an escape/flank.
    • Hanzo can shoot an arrow straight up into the sky and it'll come back down 20 sec later. So you can time Sonic Arrows on defense and have 2 up by the time enemies spawn.
    • Junkrat's tire can pick up health. If you explode it in mid-air it does less damage than if it were on the ground. His traps can steal health packs if you place them on the pack and it gets damaged.
    • If Bastion gets stuck with a Tracer bomb, ulting can save his life.
    • On McCree, you can throw the flashbang over the top of Reinhardt's shield to stun him.
    • Enemies in Winston's bubble can't get buffs like lucio ult/auras.
    • On Soldier 76, 4 shot burst is the most accurate. You can rocket jump to good spots with him if timed correctly.
    • On Mei, when trapped by Junkrat, look straight down and cast wall. It boosts you up and breaks trap.
    • Roadhog can hook D.Va ult to get it away from teammates. Generally, in Roadhog vs Roadhog, whoever hooks first loses because the guy who gets hooked gets to attack first. You can animation cancel most of his abilities into others.
    • On Zarya, left click at least some even if planning to use only right clicks. If there's even 1 ammo left in the clip, you can still right click even though it uses 25 ammo.
    • Zenyatta can charge a full right click even with 1 ammo left.
    • You can animation cancel Reinhardt swings into shield or fire strike.
    • The payload heals you for 10 hps.
    • You can turn friendly health on for Zarya and 76 so you know who to heal/shield.
    I knew... very few of these :O
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    McCree's can interupt Reindhartds shield if he tosses flashbang slightly above his shield and on top of his head.
    McCree can instantly reload when dashing/dodging so you have 12 bullets for fan the hammer.

If you are defending, Junkrat can place trap just infront of attackers starting base. Hanzo then can shoot 5-6 arrows straight up in the air while standing on that trap. Best achieved few seconds before match starts.

Hanzo's arrow of detection (whatever the name is) can help you out to shoot your arrows upfront, especially when enemy is hiding, dodging bullets around the corner/wall.
    Point 1: Already said by Tucci.
    Point 2: That's completely common knowledge
    Point 3: Valid, but you need at least 20 seconds of Hanzo shooting into the sky for it to work. Otherwise they land too late.
    Point 4: ... I have absolutely no idea what you're trying to say here. Sorry man.

Another tip while I'm here which came to me from just having played against people doing this; Don't try and chase a Junkrat through corridors. If he has any sense he'll bounce grenades back at you around corners and leave a trap in the way. Or just throw a mine at your face when you peek. Flank Junkrat, or just avoid entirely.
    Last edited by Kalmakk; 2016-06-20 at 12:56 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post

My tidbit: D.Va's defense matrix can actually absorb certain ults entirely. I've read it can absorb Hanzo's if it catches the arrow before it turns into a dragon (not sure about this one).

i can confirm this works.
    happened to me once, it was one of the most annoying d'va's i have ever faced.

Formerly known as Arafal

Is there a tip how to turn off tips?

If you want to moon everyone as Tracer for PotG, save your ult for a good use. Start by a wall facing out, dash in, attach bomb to player, recall. Then emote. It will put you back up against a wall and when you emote it will zoom in on your ass.

GG.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    i can confirm this works.
    happened to me once, it was one of the most annoying d'va's i have ever faced.
    its hilarious when she eats up ults like that. Pharah, soldier, etc.

Anyone know if D.va's E removes Zarya's ult while its still airborne?

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    If you want to moon everyone as Tracer for PotG, save your ult for a good use. Start by a wall facing out, dash in, attach bomb to player, recall. Then emote. It will put you back up against a wall and when you emote it will zoom in on your ass.

GG.
    The fact that so much time and effort went into perfecting this is a little concerning... I love it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    its hilarious when she eats up ults like that. Pharah, soldier, etc.

Anyone know if D.va's E removes Zarya's ult while its still airborne?
    Yep it does. It's still technically a projectile.

OH! Another tip!

This is the best Pharah tech 2016
    Last edited by Kalmakk; 2016-06-20 at 01:12 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    You don't HAVE to pick another class if the "no support icon" disappears when someone picks zenyatta or symmetra. They are somewhat hybrids.

Same thing when someone picks a roadhog, having a reinhardt as well is still very useful.

These aren't really combat tips, but just something a lot of players don't get yet. Which i understand, the game is still new.

Also getting some useful tips myself here keep em coming!