Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Not only Dalaran, the class order halls, the bottlenecks in the 4 zones, the mobs dying quickly, the lag in the zones, the world servers going down, etc
    They've asked people to report any bottlenecks players come across so I don't think that will be an issue. As for mobs, the new tagging system should deal with that to some extent. Lag and world servers going down is something that will be dealt with swiftly, every expansion launch has the sanity consuming first few days where it's almost unplayable.
    I remember you... In the mountains

Deleted
    Considering you can start questing in any of the new zones instead of just 1 or 2, it should not be as bad. On WoD launch after I got to Gorgrond it was smooth sailing all the way to 100.

About 70 days left before launch; and things on beta are incredibly unstable and buggy. A lot seems to have to do with mob/quest phasing.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think the biggest issue with Draenor was that every single player had his own Garrison. That creates a lot of demands to create instances. However in Legion there won't be such a demand because there won't be any seperation of instances. Everyone on a server shares their Order Hall with others of the same Class on both Factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    It wasn't so much that it was a bottleneck, it was more so they did not expect twice the amount of people that showed up.

With the way they've change automatic zone instances and mob tagging in Legion, it is a non-issue.
    Completely false, the exact same issues that plagued the garrison at WoD launch plagued it during beta.

As for the OP.
    The starting Scenario lets them seperate people in different instances, providing they don't get to many that should go fine. After that everyone meets in Dalaran (might crash) then your off to individual phased zones to do the artifact quests, and then you can freely start any of the zones so people should be spread out much more.
    If anything it going to bottleneck it will be the pre-artifact questline section.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathayus View Post
    Hi all,

Looking for some objective opinion please. During WoD beta it was very quickly identified that quest line which takes players into Draenor (and build a Garrison) was an obvious bottleneck, for whatever reason Blizz didn't respond to this (or did but didn't understand the scale of the issue). As someone who is not in the beta, are there any such issues which you guys have spotted which might impact launch?

Also, on a more general side note, everything I'm hearing about Legion (excluding pvp) is thankfully positive so far, it feels like they have learned the mistakes of WoD (disparate systems, lack of purpose to world content, too many menus, game play focused inside garrisons etc), would you guys in beta agree? or there any genuine warning signs?
    honestly, there aren't any bottlenecks in Legion. You can do the Broken Shore scenario and all of that before Legion releases, so you'll pretty much head straight to New Dalaran on release day and begin doing everything
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    honestly, there aren't any bottlenecks in Legion. You can do the Broken Shore scenario and all of that before Legion releases, so you'll pretty much head straight to New Dalaran on release day and begin doing everything
    Wouldn't that make Dalaran the bottleneck?

Quote Originally Posted by Scree View Post
    Wouldn't that make Dalaran the bottleneck?
    Yep, Dalaran has to survive everyone going there to pick up their artifact quest and when they come back to go to their class hall. After that everyone is spread out across the 4 zones.

There's absolutely no way to know. The transition to legion alpha to beta was horrible; phasing issues, dc's, non-network lag, issues with artifact questlines... Most of those issues are fixed, but the character copy is wrecking havoc on things right now.

I'd guess that there will be some major issues, but they will get fixed almost immediately and will be less impactful than WoD issues.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I don't think it's too much to ask people to give feedback based on actual abilities/testing, not hyperbole. (Celestalon)

The largest plague of the WoD launch was not everyone in the same place nearly as much as the most aggressive DDOS attack the game had seen to date.

That being said all of the bottlenecks are prepatch content in this go around(Broken shore). On launch day everyone will be able to go straight to Dalaran, and then to their respective class areas and then spec scenarios. Which are diversified into the 30+ specs.

I don't expect it to be bad. I am much more worried about another DDOS attack though, because even if they are anticipating it, they are hard to defend against.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Completely false, the exact same issues that plagued the garrison at WoD launch plagued it during beta.
    Considering I was there for the WoD Beta and it's stress test in Tanaan and it didn't "plague" it. It is not false.

To this day I still don't believe the "We didn't expect that much player" excuse. It felt more like the garrison technology was simply not ready.

But for Legion I'm worried about Dalaran. The place itself is very small to begin with. And every player needs to go there at one point which could lead to some issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    Considering I was there for the WoD Beta and it's stress test in Tanaan and it didn't "plague" it. It is not false.
    Ehm, Tanaan was not the problem (well maybe for a few hours on launch day), the problem that plagued the game for a while after launch was zoning into your garrison (to many instances) and that problem already existed on the beta.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Ehm, Tanaan was not the problem (well maybe for a few hours on launch day), the problem that plagued the game for a while after launch was zoning into your garrison (to many instances) and that problem already existed on the beta.
    Never once experienced that issue in Beta or stress Test and even on Live I was able to access my Garrison for most of the first day. Since the major issue for the Garrison zoning was population + massive DDoS attack on live servers.

Quote Originally Posted by madworldzzz View Post
    you start off in stormwind, and take a boat over to a scenario. the scenario is at least 10 or 15 mins, and the three times i tried i disconnected right near the end and had to start over
    That is in the pre patch. That is now how the game will launch at midnight. You instantly go do your artifact quest alone in your own instance at the start. Then you pick 1 of 4 zones after that so everyone will get split up.

Plus the addition of the extra servers when there is too much load to make new instances of zones so people get more split up should help.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathayus View Post
    Hi all,

Looking for some objective opinion please. During WoD beta it was very quickly identified that quest line which takes players into Draenor (and build a Garrison) was an obvious bottleneck, for whatever reason Blizz didn't respond to this (or did but didn't understand the scale of the issue). As someone who is not in the beta, are there any such issues which you guys have spotted which might impact launch?

Also, on a more general side note, everything I'm hearing about Legion (excluding pvp) is thankfully positive so far, it feels like they have learned the mistakes of WoD (disparate systems, lack of purpose to world content, too many menus, game play focused inside garrisons etc), would you guys in beta agree? or there any genuine warning signs?
    Not in beta, but we'll informed.
    1 big thing I see that could make trouble is the Broken shore scenario. With all the players doing it, it may cause the instance server to crash.
    When entering Dalaran, there may be lags, but Blizz has this new phasing tech in place which kind of creates multiple instances of the same area to prevent clutter.
    Then there's the artifact quests, single player scenario, shouldn't be that big of a deal.
    After choosing your starting area, you should be doing good, as people will spread around all 4 zones available. Here also applies the new clutter-preventing tech.

WoD launch was a nightmare for me with constant disconnects, lag, bottleneck quests, and instances which did not include the mobs I needed to fight. And then following this, I had to spend 6-12 hours in a log in queue to get back online for several days. Is this stuff actually going to be better for Legion launch? I don't really see how beta or PTR can simulate the effect of 10 million people trying to play at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Sxq View Post
    WoD launch was a nightmare for me with constant disconnects, lag, bottleneck quests, and instances which did not include the mobs I needed to fight. And then following this, I had to spend 6-12 hours in a log in queue to get back online for several days. Is this stuff actually going to be better for Legion launch? I don't really see how beta or PTR can simulate the effect of 10 million people trying to play at once.
    There's 1 thing I missed in my post, fitting as an answer for you:

Blizz said like a month or so, they've increased server capacities. Noone knows if this is real or BS, but high pop servers went from high/full to low-medium after that announcement.

10+ Year Old Account
    i expect we will get queues of 3000-5000 on launch day

there is your bottle neck
    cheap shitty servers
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    Not in beta, but we'll informed.
    1 big thing I see that could make trouble is the Broken shore scenario. With all the players doing it, it may cause the instance server to crash
    I don't mean to be rude, but I believe you are missing information; as far as I know, the Broken Shore scenario will be done during the prepatch, not when Legion starts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"