Deleted

Exclamation Need help looking for a new computer, please!

Hey All,

So... about a year ago I pretty much quit wow and my £1200 AlienWare laptop which I exclusively played wow on became unused.

Unfortunately I sold the laptop to buy my girlfriend and engagement ring not thinking I would ever use it again...

I am now in the situation where I am playing wow again and am in need of a new PC for the release of Legion, After playing wow on Ultra for so long I am now playing on a potato PC which only runs wow on low setting... so bad I can't even see fire on the floor and if I turn up the settings I end up having 1fps :'(

I'm not looking to spend a huge amount of money on a PC since I will only be playing wow on it, If anyone can suggest the cheapest option that will play wow on a decent or even better ultra setting I would be so grateful, ideally I don't want to go above £200 (a bit tight I know >.<

Thank you in advanced x

200£ is alot way tight. I'll think about it troughout the day and I'll see if I can come up with something but you're going to be at atleast 400£ probably.

If you only want to spend 200 you better start looking through forums for people selling used systems. You'll likely end up with another potato, but with your budget you can't afford much.

£200 really isn't a lot... If you can list what your current PC has in it and what could be reused (HDDs, peripherals etc) then someone might be able to suggest something... But a GPU alone can be more than that if you're wanting to actually make it last a little bit.

Might be best buying parts over a few weeks/months up until Legion when you are able to get a little more cash. Say, the GPU now, next week a few extra bits depending on what you have.

Deleted
    what are the specs of your current potato?

as everyone has said, £200 is nothing even for a used system.. anything you get will likely only run wow on low as well.

depending what your current pc is (tell us please) you might be able to do something with that..

Deleted
    Thank you for the comments so far, sorry for the slow reply but i have been at work all day.

The spec of my potato is as follows:

Packard Bell UTOW-SFR E4500

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E4500 @ 2.20GHz 2.20GHz
    RAM: 2GB (2x1GB)
    Graphics Card: Nvidia GF8400

Hope this helps

- - - Updated - - -

Would more RAM and a new graphics card help?

Quote Originally Posted by Lubiwow View Post
    Thank you for the comments so far, sorry for the slow reply but i have been at work all day.

The spec of my potato is as follows:

Packard Bell UTOW-SFR E4500

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E4500 @ 2.20GHz 2.20GHz
    RAM: 2GB (2x1GB)
    Graphics Card: Nvidia GF8400

Hope this helps

- - - Updated - - -

Would more RAM and a new graphics card help?
    not much, minimum fps in wow comes from the CPU part of the pc, max from the GPU and your CPU is old, very old, in easy situations your fps will go up, in stressful ones it will go down to the same it does now.