10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Yrden is the best! You can take out enemies which are higher level than you, and not take any damage if you keep focused and dodge around the Glyph.
    The Sword strategy for that was Bleed. I beat a lot of higher level monsters by using a lower level sword that had a high bleed chance. And since Bleed is based on total health, it was basically Quen and dance around until one of my pokes proc'd a Bleed.
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    The Sword strategy for that was Bleed. I beat a lot of higher level monsters by using a lower level sword that had a high bleed chance. And since Bleed is based on total health, it was basically Quen and dance around until one of my pokes proc'd a Bleed.
    LOL! Nice. I went the other direction. I started with Magic, and am now building up fast attack to get the bleed chance and then will be using a bleed sword.

The build I am aiming for is as such, http://www.gosunoob.com/witcher-3/sk...25_335_425_435

My order of battle would be: Quen > Yrden > Yrden Alternate > Igni > Fast Attack > Strong Attack

That is if the enemy lives long enough for all that to take effect.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post

So apparently in Blood and Wine there are various endings and one of them require you to be dumped and to have Ciri die. This means that at the end of the Bad Ending, Geralt decides to live, rather than let the monsters kill them. This makes me happy to be honest, knowing that even when he lost his loved ones he still decides to hold onto his life.

It's mostly there because any other ending obviously makes no sense, i mean if Geralts death is "canon", a savefile with the bad ending would be unplayable due Geralt being dead and B&W pretty much taking place after the maingame.

If Geralt was truly supposed to live after the bad ending, it would have shown one of the Geralt sequence during the epilogue, but this is always left out no matter who you romanced or not.

Is Witcher 3 playable with mouse and keyboard? Thinking about picking it up in the GoG sale but have no interest if you need a controller.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Davemetalhead View Post
    Is Witcher 3 playable with mouse and keyboard? Thinking about picking it up in the GoG sale but have no interest if you need a controller.
    a friend of mine prefers it over controller.

I think it is perfectly playable with a mouse and keyboard. Never played it with anything else in the 300+ hours I've spent playing it.

Cheers.

I know this is subjective, but is the game relatively easy if you want it to be? That's to say, are there different difficulty levels? Can someone who's not very good at gaming get far/finish the game without hitting a brick wall? I don;t play games for the challenge, rather I play for fun and to relax - I don't want to purchase the game to find out that I'm likely to not get past the first boss/big mob/dragon/whatever.

(Yes, I'm a casual scrub - no, I don't call for games to be nerfed - I just don't play games that I think may be difficult).

Cheers.

I know this is subjective, but is the game relatively easy if you want it to be? That's to say, are there different difficulty levels? Can someone who's not very good at gaming get far/finish the game without hitting a brick wall? I don;t play games for the challenge, rather I play for fun and to relax - I don't want to purchase the game to find out that I'm likely to not get past the first boss/big mob/dragon/whatever.

(Yes, I'm a casual scrub - no, I don't call for games to be nerfed - I just don't play games that I think may be difficult).
    You can lower the difficulty to a decent amount. At that point you just have to use your dodges and such.
    You'll be quite powerful if you come up with a strategy when fighting a boss. (Using oils, good counter potions, and more).

Only downside is once you learn the mechanics, it may feel dull to get into encounters as no challenge presents itself.
    Had friends complain how easy the game was, only to discover they were on the easiest difficulty. Mentioning how they "Destroyed it" after the first hour of learning.

I think you should get your feet wet on a somewhat harder difficulty. If it is too much, just lower it. But knowing the mechanics matters far more than amazing reaction time. Especially since most enemies have "cues" that will clue you in that they'll attack soon.

Cheers.

Definitely you can.

I actually turned the difficulty up because i found it too easy, i am now playing on death march (hardest difficulty).
    What Sixnalia said pretty much sums it up.

The game is really faceroll on lower difficulties, it feels really unrewarding as you are never ever challenged and could probably get away with spamming 1 button. To each their own, some may find it relaxing, but I assure you - you'll be going for a higher difficulty after a while. It's good that the game allows changing difficulty at any given time, you don't have to start a new game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Good to know you can change the difficulty level without having to restart - I think I'll get the game now - thanks for the answers and advise all.

One person's faceroll is another's fun - I'm certainly no keyboard warrior, I know I'm not good at games and I know my limitations - I get frustrated fairly easily and very likely to never touch a game again if I find it difficult. (At least, so long as it's not a flight sim - those I'm happy to be difficult and take a lot of time and effort to play well.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally! I completed the main story!

I took the route of Sigi ruling the nation. Emhyr is dead. Radovin is dead. Ciri lives, and became a Witcher with Geralt. And Geralt and Triss live happily ever after in Korvir. Everything I was hoping would work out, worked out. I am quite pleased with my happy ending.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Good to know you can change the difficulty level without having to restart - I think I'll get the game now - thanks for the answers and advise all.

One person's faceroll is another's fun - I'm certainly no keyboard warrior, I know I'm not good at games and I know my limitations - I get frustrated fairly easily and very likely to never touch a game again if I find it difficult. (At least, so long as it's not a flight sim - those I'm happy to be difficult and take a lot of time and effort to play well.)
    I'm exactly the same and I've completed the game several times. Only one or two enemies gave me a hard time and that was fixed by checking the bestiary for their weakness'. Keeping Geralt geared helps a ton as well. Buy some treasure maps from vendors and seek out the Witcher gear if you can, makes the game even easier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    The game is really faceroll on lower difficulties, it feels really unrewarding as you are never ever challenged and could probably get away with spamming 1 button. To each their own, some may find it relaxing, but I assure you - you'll be going for a higher difficulty after a while. It's good that the game allows changing difficulty at any given time, you don't have to start a new game.
    The point is that depending on the spec even Death March is quite faceroll except in some specific cases. I go for oils/mutagen spec and .. oh god.. so many HP. Death march is challenging more at the beginning than anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game specifically tells you in the Difficulty settings what each option is aimed at. Example, Easy is just to play through the story. Each higher difficulty also stats the amount of challenge the game will provide.

I actually enjoyed playing on Easy. I was more interested in the story than the combat.

- - - Updated - - -

Thought you would all get a kick out of this. Well timed as I just beat the game yesterday.

10+ Year Old Account
    The guys over at Cd-projekt red seem to like the NX

http://www.gamnesia.com/news/the-dev...l-be-fantastic

Does this mean Witcher 3 on NX? Or does it mean.

GERALT SWINGS AT THE COMPETITION! (for smash 5)

or are they just being nice?

10+ Year Old Account
    Moving along in Heart of Stone. It started out kinda slow and not all that interesting, then I met Vladamir. What a change! I was sitting in my room all night laughing away.

Killin it again in the dialog department.

How long until the Game of the Year edition bundle drops? I really look forward to playing this game but I do need some hardware some storage upgrades first.
    Member of every Blizzard beta club.