Poll: Have you heard anyone use in game voice chat?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Question In-Game Voice Comms, No use?

Coming up on a month since release, and out of nearly 500 games, I have yet to encounter anyone who uses the in game voice chat. How about you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Only when I'm in premade with friends. I'd played about 50 games before I figured I might as well switch it off since no one was talking anyway.

I have but it's usually to insult people or just someone screaming and making wierd noices just to annoy people.

I have it turned off now, of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Turning voice chat off was first thing I did after booting the game.

Deleted
    If I play with friends, I use third-party programs like Discord or Teamspeak. I have no desire to talk with random people, though.
    So I haven't turned it off, but I am not using it either.

Deleted
    I muted voice chat before I even played my first game. I'm absolutely not going to listen to some random teen whine in my ear. As for how often it's used, I still see the voice chat icons when people are using it, even though I have it muted, and there aren't that many people out there using it.

It's not necessary for quick matches.

If I wanted to hear children screaming I would go and spend the day with my Nephew and Niece. So yeah turned it off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I have.

I had it off so I never heard anyone talk for a long time, and then I started playing a bit with someone who made a point of how voice chatting would make it easier so I figured out how to get mine set up.

Not two days later I was solo queueing and heard two random teammates in the match talking to each other, so I asked if they were grouped. 1.5 matches later, they invited me to a group and I had new friends to play with.

You never know who you will meet.

Deleted
    People like a one for all kind of solution, probably why skype, teamspeak and the like are pretty popular.
    I think its more common on consoles, but even that has changed since the PS4 I think.

Always use it in a group. Works well. Being grouped does put you in a separate channel to team though so there is that.
    I would never use it solo though. CBA talking to people I don't know

I use it every game. During beta about 1 game in 4 had someone on comms. Now it's 1 in 10 or less.

I don't understand why, it's a huge advantage people are just flushing down the toilet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't understand why, it's a huge advantage people are just flushing down the toilet.
    Advantage in what, though? Winning a game? If people are playing to have fun, and if it's not fun having some 15-year old in your ear, then it's a huge disadvantage in having fun having voice chats on. Much, much better to not have to listen to random people and lose, than to have to listen to them and get a bit of extra XP from a win.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Advantage in what, though? Winning a game? If people are playing to have fun, and if it's not fun having some 15-year old in your ear, then it's a huge disadvantage in having fun having voice chats on. Much, much better to not have to listen to random people and lose, than to have to listen to them and get a bit of extra XP from a win.
    Coordination. Literally make or break.

I have yet to hear any 15 year olds trolling up comms, actually. Almost every time other people have been on voice comms it's been a fun match, win or lose.

Deleted
    Coordination. Literally make or break.
    I get that, but coordination for what? To win the game, right? Not worth it to have random people in my ear. Nope. Not even close.

I have yet to hear any 15 year olds trolling up comms, actually. Almost every time other people have been on voice comms it's been a fun match, win or lose.
    The chance of it happening ain't worth it.

People like to use voice comms with friends, buddies, acquaintances... not 5 random strangers on a pc game.

I don't understand why this is so hard to understand, and the reason why in-game voice comms aren't used in nearly any game.

The only interaction I've had with people on Oceanic voice coms was when someone had their mic open by accident and was broadcasting their background babble/chewing to everyone in the team. That or it's a screaming underage anklebiter complaining about how Reaper dies too fast.

Seriously, I'm not being dramatic. This is the only thing I've heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    I get that, but coordination for what? To win the game, right? Not worth it to have random people in my ear. Nope. Not even close.

The chance of it happening ain't worth it.
    I honestly don't understand this attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostyfire14 View Post
    Coming up on a month since release, and out of nearly 500 games, I have yet to encounter anyone who uses the in game voice chat. How about you?
    I have deactivated voice chat in every game I play. I am in TS with my friends, if people want to join the group they are invited to join the server. I don't know why so many games have an inbuilt voice chat (that nobody uses), and in some cases cannot even be easily deactivated and you need to block some dll in the firewall or change the primary recording device. I assume that's some remnant from console ports.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    I have deactivated voice chat in every game I play. I am in TS with my friends, if people want to join the group they are invited to join the server. I don't know why so many games have an inbuilt voice chat (that nobody uses), and in some cases cannot even be easily deactivated and you need to block some dll in the firewall or change the primary recording device. I assume that's some remnant from console ports.
    I don't get this at all. Interacting with other players in voice comms is usually a positive experience for me. It's... sociophobic or something.

This is coming from someone who rarely ever leaves his house if he doesn't have to.

I don't get this at all. Interacting with other players in voice comms is usually a positive experience for me. It's... sociophobic or something.

This is coming from someone who rarely ever leaves his house if he doesn't have to.
    Sociophobic? Well perhaps. But the main reason is that I am talking to my friends, and obviously having another voice com running at the same time is very confusing when all talk at the same time.