10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    The investigation is not going to determine that, as the investigation is into a breach of spending regulations.

Nobody in their right mind would compare a technical breach to tampering with ballots, it is like equating a flasher with a violent rapist because they both come under sexual offences.
    Who's pre-emptying the result of the investigation?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    The investigation is not going to show it affected the results of the General Election, as that is not what the investigation is for.

Why do you think the only people that actually care about this are Channel 4, who discovered it, and the Guardian, who hate the Tories? Labour do not particularly care, which they would if it meant the election result gets overturned.

Miliband did not declare his Moses Tablets, nobody cared other than to use it to laugh at him some more.

Quote Originally Posted by Terracresta View Post
    The EU is a nice scapegoat for politicians in most likely all european countries even though the EU politicians belong to the same friggin parties. Our goverments are fucked up even without the EU but many people seem blind to this fact. Nice little puppets for the people in power.
    Just wonder who these politicians are going to blame in the future in case the "Brexit" really happens. Of cause it won't be their fault if it doesn't work out like they promised.
    This is actually a plus point for going BREXIT, one less excuse for a politician to hide behind. Of course they have plenty of others but one at a time I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Daws View Post
    This is actually a plus point for going BREXIT, one less excuse for a politician to hide behind. Of course they have plenty of others but one at a time I suppose.
    Is this like going into a dog pound full of rabid dogs that haven't been fed for 7 days just to prove that dogs can be dangerous when on rabies and half starved?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Is this like going into a dog pound full of rabid dogs that haven't been fed for 7 days just to prove that dogs can be dangerous when on rabies and half starved?
    Just checked looks like UK is rabies free (accept for a case in 2002 involving a Scottish bat handler) and in EU rabies exists in some eastern EU nations. So you heard it here first vote BREXIT to reduce the risk of rabies

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daws View Post
    Venezuela is not part of the USA - never was - yet, their PM constantly blames the US for everything bad happened to their country.

So, don't worry, even after a BrExtit, the EU will be at blame for every and all fuckups.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    ....but the US geography hasn't, unlike the EU doubled in size.
    yeah they added the economically undeveloped eastern parts - Need i remind you, they are undeveloped?

Deleted
    These two concern Scotland and were debunked at the time.
    Debunked how? Please explain.

These concern America. We not longer own it.
    If it happens in America it doesn't mean it can't happen elsewhere.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    yeah they added the economically undeveloped eastern parts - Need i remind you, they are undeveloped?
    Helping them bad, helping england good. Don´t you understand it?!
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Helping them bad, helping england good. Don´t you understand it?!
    Wish the French stuck to their guns and kept the UK out of the EC - apart from the US thing (mostly) their concerns were spot on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DiegoBrando View Post
    Debunked how? Please explain.
    The first video:

Clip 1 shows a woman correcting her mistake, there is nothing in that to show she placed Yes votes in the No pile.

Clip 2 is from Sky and is supposed to be the clincher but it is not post-count votes on that table, they are pre-count, i.e. the votes are piled up on a table in bundles and then sorted out into Yes and No piles afterwards. That particular shot was taken at half-past-midnight, the count in that region did not come in until three-and-a-half hours later.

Clip 3 has no context. How can you tell what he is filling in, let alone that he is ticking the No box?

The second video:

What is it even supposed to show?

The votes were counted more than once, by different people, under the close scrutiny of independent observers as well as representatives from the Yes & No camps. Nobody in the Yes camps noticed any vote rigging, nor did the independent observers, nobody noticed apart from people using a few fuzzy video clips that show no context and a clip from Sky taken completely out of context.

And here is the kicker...who is supposed to have fixed the votes? The SNP are the only viable candidate to have done so, as Holyrood organised it and not Westminster, yet the SNP were the ones pushing for independence, so you are suggesting they fixed the ballot in order to lose it.

If it happens in America it doesn't mean it can't happen elsewhere.
    If you want to show vote rigging in the UK, then you do not use examples of other nations that have different systems, because that is stupid.

You are.
    More than that, you are assuming a result that is not even possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Wish the French stuck to their guns and kept the UK out of the EC - apart from the US thing (mostly) their concerns were spot on.
    They were pretty close in that regard, too.

Deleted
    Luckily for us de Gaulle died.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Luckily for us de Gaulle died.
    yeah pretty much.

I believe that's for the police, cps and ultimately the courts to decide.
    There are unlikely to be any serious outcomes for the Tories as a party:
    http://blogs.ft.com/david-allen-gree...e-allegations/

10+ Year Old Account
    Here lies David St. Hubbins, and why not?
    Non.

de Gaulle's primary motivation was propping up France's economic interests, primarily agriculture. He dressed it up as concerns over foreign policy. Actually, it was just bullshit. His real motivation was protectionism. 50+ years on - what's changed? Fuck all. LOL @ France and their blessed CAP: inefficient, wasteful and unfair.

And the irony is that if ever there was a nationalist, de Gaulle is the epitome of it. "Vive le Canada français!" If he were alive he'd be a most vociferous anti-EU spokesman, as much so as Le Pen.

"He famously remarked that treaties, alliances, and international organizations are like “ Young Girls and Roses. They last while they last but the nation-state endures”.

Shows where his interests lay.
    Last edited by Nigel Tufnel; 2016-06-20 at 10:36 PM.
    You can't really dust for vomit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    Non.
    No, France concerns were that you were going to be the puppet of the US, something only partially true.
    Their other concerns were that you were only interested in trade, and where completely uninterested, even opposed to, the grander plan with the EU.
    and here they were completely correct, the UK have done nothing but be obstructionists the last 40 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here lies David St. Hubbins, and why not?
    No, France concerns were that you were going to be the puppet of the US, something only partially true.
    Their other concerns were that you were only interested in trade, and where completely uninterested, even opposed to, the grander plan with the EU.
    and here they were completely correct, the UK have done nothing but be obstructionists the last 40 years.
    No - it's the exact opposite. de Gaulle himself was not an advocate of supranationalism. He was solely concerned with the importance of trade and its function in ensuring that France and Germany never went to war again. He would not have been a supporter of a federal Europe.
    You can't really dust for vomit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well looks like the polls are still basically neck and neck (slight lead for Brexit)...

http://order-order.com/2016/06/20/le...s-ahead-yougov

http://order-order.com/section/euro-guido

I think we Brexiteers are going to win, but it'll be close all the same.

= + =

One other thing I will say about this... I think that if Remain wins, it will only prolong things: give it a few years, and assuming the EU doesn't collapse anyway, there'll be another referendum to get the UK out. I won't comment on whether this is a good or bad thing, or fair or unfair, only that I think it likely given the level of opposition to the EU in the UK.

However, if Leave wins, then that will be it. I can't see the UK ever re-joining the EU after it leaves (heck, I can easily see some in the EU vetoing it :P ), and I expect that the post-EU situation will become the norm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teleros View Post
    I think we Brexiteers are going to win, but it'll be close all the same.
    Leave won't win, at least not based on current results.

Surveys can never take into account Undecideds + voter turnout (both of which are huge). Since this always favor the status quo in any referendum, it means Leave need to be consistently winning AND by a large margin, at least 5-6 points to even equalize based on just half of the Undecideds alone.