Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snackpack View Post
    I'm sure some people don't intend for it to be insulting but it's still patronizing nonetheless. Was it really a good game? No, it wasn't and we both know that. I see where you're coming from, but to me, it's different than in real life or even competitive gaming/tournaments where there is mutual respect, as opposed to a random pub lobby.

And I'm mostly talking about games where the losing team never even make it out of their spawn.
    Yes, this exactly. Patronizing is a much better word. In any case, it seems like common sense to just not do it. Take your lopsided victory and await the next game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
    The problem though is you seem to be implying its something that everyone says after a blowout win and never after a close game though, or at least disproportionately in favor of the former, which as far as i can tell is no where near the reality of the situation.
    Anecdotes will be anecdotes, but that's about the only time I see GG. Like I mentioned for myself, if it was really a good game I have more positive words than two letters to type.
    BAD WOLF

I'm salty as hell when I lose, but I almost rarely type anything into chat. If the game was a stomp, I just leave the game after the 'defeat' screen, and move along. No need to watch an enemy team PotG or see all enemy team MVP cards :P

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Anecdotes will be anecdotes, but that's about the only time I see GG. Like I mentioned for myself, if it was really a good game I have more positive words than two letters to type.

just in general, not only in reference to people apparently saying gg to be mean, sometimes I feel like im not playing the same game as everyone else based on what I see on these forums. Maybe im just lucky, but I literally almost never encounter what I would consider toxic or rude people. It would seem like based on what people say they are everywhere, yelling in voice and being mean in chat, picking 3 snipers and no tank, etc, etc, and I just never encounter it. With maybe a couple exceptions in a few hundred games, everyone I see can generally play ok, aim well, picks a decent comp and plays the objective, and most of my games are closeish, win or lose. sure theres a complete stomp every once in a while, but i think thats normal, and afterwards the reaction from people is no different than the close games. Again maybe im just lucky and bad/rude players dont get matched up with me, but I also just think a lot of stories of awful people in the game are grossly exaggerated

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
    Maybe im just lucky, but I literally almost never encounter what I would consider toxic or rude people.
    I see the GG or EZ people every game, from my teams that stomp or teams that got stomped and it's just silly. But the people you mention you never really see? I never really see them either. I've had 2 out of like...what 500 games where someone decided to type a bunch of troll garbage and be an ass in chat. Maybe 1 of 10 I see people picking 2x and 3x snipers b/c they're retarded, but intentional toxicity to me is rare as well.
    BAD WOLF

I do understand the saltiness most of the time. Lets be honest, most of the time they have a point. People are so extremely naabish/abusing classes, it gives more stress and anger than a 70 hour workweek. They nerfed Widowmaker who clearly wasn't OP, just required skills. Most of the players ingame are so bad and were crying all the time just because their skill wasn't on point like most of the Widowmakers, they got owned all the time. Don't moan like a 4 year old child, just practice more. Nowadays everyone needs to be equal and nobody can stand out anymore, everyone and everything needs to be the same. Unfortunatly Blizzard is listening to this, giving the world to the moaners and the shitties. However, they crossed the line with nerfing Widowmaker. I'm okay with nerfing her, but don't make her way worse than other heroes. And with crossing the line I meant that by nerfing Widowmaker they also need to finetune/nerf some other heroes. Again: now it's like she's the normal human in a pit of dinosaurs. Unfair. Finetune this:

- Hanzo hitbox.... goodie, man o man. "Hello I'm Hanzo and my hitbox is bigger than the USA."
    - Bastion.... just remove this naabtard class from the game. Seriously, put a cooldown on his sentry form or make it impossible to mount on a payload. This guy makes people insane. In every game I played where there was a Bastion, people made a joke about it afterwards or complained about him. Most of the time the players who played him agree. I hate him so intense.
    - Roadhog's hook. OMFG. This thing is made from top secret area 51 alien technology. It can go straight to walls and pulls you right through it, so bad. Fix it and increase the cooldown. He is like the fat McCree, always the same combo. Pulling you with the hook, you get dazed and one shot. Let heroes like a Tracer blink out of it, don't make it this overpowered.
    - Mei rhymes to OP, enough said. It really is to easy to freeze people, increase it by like 0.75 seconds.
    - Torbjorn his mini Bastions. Decrease their fire rate or their hit chance. Molten faggot.

I probaly forgot some things, but this are key points I think. Call me salty or what you want, but I see this complains after and before many - MANY - games. I think you really can't deny the above things, there's a truth in all of them.

Nobody cares if I stop playing, I understand that. But trust me, I really love Blizzard games and never said this before, but if they don't change something it won't take long for me to quit. It's fine that things work like this in the first week after the launch, but it can't be that it's still here after 3 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    In the character selection, before game starts:

He then proceeded to mute me as well.

Oh, and he explained Pharah is "broken as fuck", while gimping himself on a D.Va.
    Had a similar experience today.

Was Torbjorn on ATTACK, and someone was basically being toxic claiming that Torb can't attack and telling me to switch.

Long story short:
    By the end of the game I had the most objective kills and was the only reason we actually won the match all while keeping the trickle of enemies coming out of their spawn to defend hurting and/or dead with sneaky turret placements. There's nothing like sneaking behind the enemies front line, placing a turret then going Molten Core on their asses. Also out sniped their Hanzo with my pea-shooter constantly, pew pew.

Oh and armor is OP as all hell, get a torb on your team tossing armor and your supports will have a much easier job keeping people alive.

Moral of the story: Any hero is viable in both attack and defense when in the right hands.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Oh and armor is OP as all hell, get a torb on your team tossing armor and your supports will have a much easier job keeping people alive.
    I love Torbjörns while playing Zenyatta.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    I love Torbjörns while playing Zenyatta.

I've got ger back my squishy support friend!

COME GIT YER ARMOR!
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Well, I mean....they're kinda right about the Torbjorn on attack, it's pretty meh.

Sure, you CAN win, but the guy was kinda right in that it's not exactly an optimal, good, or even fair choice overall.
    Depends on who is playing him. On payload he is actually quite good when played correctly. I kept my turrets in locations where the enemy defenders would funnel out of and it would pick them off from behind one by one.

When they got wise to it...I simply moved it somewhere else. I found some pretty damn sneaky spots on Illios doing this. Basically due to this they couldn't get close enough to the payload to contest it. Attack Torb requires more thought than defense Torb, though in terms of turret placement and such.

Basically my little dwarf carried my team on his poor little Swedish back.

Quote Originally Posted by InFlames- View Post
    like idk , I would not mind if bad players chose lowskill heroes like soldier or reaper or something but when I see my teammate pick a hanzo/widow/genji and ask him nicely to swap 9 out of 11 times (hehe) he will just ignore you , but if you're toxic and say bad stuff to him there are 2 possible ways this can go:
    - he will report/mute you and move on with the game like nothing happend
    - he will leave the game and cry himself to sleep or hopefully just kill himself

tldr dont bother being nice unless you are insane(or maybe normal ? cant keep up with wich is wich these days)
    Funny this person here is talking about toxic types and yet says about someone THEY are talking about abusing will "hopefully kill himself". Meanwhile people like this player are the ones in league who don't get chat restricted or banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomaz View Post
    i have a feeling its the cs:go crew
    my to bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Mei > Bastion > Roadhog > Widow is why

Tried comp games,almost every fucking game there is a ragequitting cunt who blames the team for sucking ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leaver penalties will wreck those people straight back to quick match. Give it a week or two.
    BAD WOLF

Interesting we had one of those people who try to tell others who should play what, we ignored him and choose who we each felt we would do well with. We won, yup that Symetra I picked for defense was so not going to do well in stopping the opponents getting that first point. Oops sarcasm.. I practically always pick her for defense for just how good she can be for a defending team. In the second defense he again went anti Symetra.. I knew what he wanted me to pick.. so I picked Junkrat instead.. needless to say once again our defense was successful. Also goes to show sometimes it's best to ignore someone and do what's needed to get the victory. He was very quiet when they got no medals, nor a vote card, or even the potg.. poor fellow.

10+ Year Old Account
    its the nature of competitive games. All other points aside overwatch is a win or loose game. TF2 you could just find a server where the rounds didn't matter but as overwatch is all comp all the time (as in you are never not playing a win/loose match) people get more invested and as a result, more hateful. There's also the team thing- nobody likes loosing because the team won't listen/push as one or whatever
    Wrath baby and proud of it

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I mean....they're kinda right about the Torbjorn on attack, it's pretty meh.

Sure, you CAN win, but the guy was kinda right in that it's not exactly an optimal, good, or even fair choice overall.
    Well, if it was quick play none of that really matters :P

If people played optimally I'd see much more 2, 2 ,2 comps. As it is, I've only seen one, and it was a strangish one: 2 Lucio, 2 Reaper, 2 Zarya.
    Shhhhh, she's doing magical trig bullshit trig substitutions

10+ Year Old Account

That's not the case. Sure, he often doesn't help much with push on your enemy, but he is really good at denying enemy space to play around. On Hanamura, for example, if Torbjorn drops his tower here (black circled zone), he denies (not really denies, but that's true for Torbjorn in general, with enough effort enemy will punch the turret to death) red circled zone for enemy to poke your team from, and grants your team an entry into this building, that opens up the "right" route that is harder to defend than "left" route.
    You just have to play around it, but people usually respond with "omg torbjorn on attack /quit" that try and do something according to strategy (if strategy was provided by torbjorn player)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tryuk View Post
    Well, if it was quick play none of that really matters :P

If people played optimally I'd see much more 2, 2 ,2 comps. As it is, I've only seen one, and it was a strangish one: 2 Lucio, 2 Reaper, 2 Zarya.
    Yesterday i've almost lost a ranked game because enemy had 3 Pharas and we were really into static defense (Torbjorn, Reihardt, Mercy, Bastion, Junkrat). But somehow managed to defend the very last point.

Turns out, enemy team was fighting with each other over "who is going to play Pharah", and they started talking in /all chat about it:
    "i picked Pharah first, report these faggots"
    "no you asshole can't even land a single rocket"
    "omg look at these noobs i picked Pharah last and got gold kill medal lol"
    etc.
    I was like "wtf, we almost lost only because they had 3 Pharah, and they bitch about it?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I was like "wtf, we almost lost only because they had 3 Pharah, and they bitch about it?"
    LOL, I'm somewhat glad to have not tried competitive then xD

Funny enough Pharah would've wrecked that 222 comp I went against, I switched to her in mid second round and we suddenly were able to push them (they still won, just barely). People got salty though, even if it was a great game. One of the best and most hectic matches I've played but at the end people were just salty that red team was "cheesing" the match by using 222

RIP having fun in shooters I guess

Edit: Screw double Lucio though, damn fuckers are so hard to hit -- especially with both heal and speed boost on because the auras don't stack :P

Edit 2: Pharah the replacement for Windowmaker "lawl I got golds, switch off noob" stuff? Seen many more Pharahs and people acting like that recently. Sucks too because if 1 Pharah works, then multiple Pharahs work usually
    Last edited by Tryuk; 2016-07-01 at 08:01 AM.
    Shhhhh, she's doing magical trig bullshit trig substitutions

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryuk View Post
    LOL, I'm somewhat glad to have not tried competitive then xD

Funny enough Pharah would've wrecked that 222 comp I went against, I switched to her in mid second round and we suddenly were able to push them (they still won, just barely). People got salty though, even if it was a great game. One of the best and most hectic matches I've played but at the end people were just salty that red team was "cheesing" the match by using 222

RIP having fun in shooters I guess

Edit: Screw double Lucio though, damn fuckers are so hard to hit -- especially with both heal and speed boost on because the auras don't stack :P

Edit 2: Pharah the replacement for Windowmaker "lawl I got golds, switch off noob" stuff? Seen many more Pharahs and people acting like that recently. Sucks too because if 1 Pharah works, then multiple Pharahs work usually
    Played against a Pharah last night (level 123 and almost all his time on just Pharah.. think he had like 100 hours or something).
    He also had 2 Mercy's flying with him one dmg boosting other healing.
    Was absolutely Horrible to play against, we got absolutely destroyed.