Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    But in regards to Trump, there's actually plenty of evidence to back up the comparison. Trump's rhetoric sounds a great deal like Hitler did when he was first gaining power. Hitler didn't start out by killing Jews, he started out by whipping his ignorant zealot followers into a frenzy every chance he got. He convinced them to put hatred and anger above all else. Both are/were demagogues, who lacked any real substance. Both were extremely self absorbed, couldn't take criticism, and demanded fealty and loyalty from their followers.
    If you've ever actually seen one of these Trump rallies or heard a Hitler speech, you'd know the two are worlds apart in charisma and zealotry.

I mean really, the logic of "well Hitler didn't start out by killing Jews, he started out by being a demagogue" is pretty frail.
    Last edited by Kraenen; 2016-06-20 at 11:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    The left wing media has corroded the minds of it's readers and viewers and some of them really believe at this point that Trump is going to "bomb the whole planet" or other dumb things. When you disagree with someone, it's easier to demonize them than to try to understand and retort their points of view.
    Well, let be fair. It was only about 6-7 months ago, that everyone was screaming Obama was a muslim and that he was going to enact martial law so he wouldn't have to leave office and planned hand the country over to the muslims so they could enact Sharia law.

I original thought that was just made up internet lie and that no one really believed it. Until I worked with a woman who openly argued with me that is exactly what was about to happen. Fox News and the other anti-Obama news circles did it's fair share to start this full on nonsense.

If anyone believes Trump is as bad a Hitler and such, then they are just as dopey and gullible as the fruits who thought Obama was going to enact martial law. But this is just tit for tat on the political news sites. The right is getting it just dessert for all the outlandish Obama junk they told

It seems anymore if anyone has any sort of charisma, we start hearing the Hitler comparison. I could of swore we heard Obama was Hitler too
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2016-06-20 at 11:39 PM.

Go read a history book.
    Classic mental gymnastics.
    Read something other than the Washington Post or NYT to learn about Trump.
    Then come back to us about this "boogeyman".
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    If you've ever actually seen one of these Trump rallies or heard a Hitler speech, you'd know the two are worlds apart in charisma and zealotry.
    Hitler was a better public speaker, but both put on rallies with a legion of ignorant followers. I have no problem making the comparison.

You do realize that plenty of terrible people have been Time's person of the year, right? They aren't picking the most popular person, merely the one who has the most influence on the events of that year.
    Or maybe the owners of Time, some of whom were already heavily invested in Germany and were the primary reason that Hitler was able to rebuild and rearm so quickly were advancing and protecting their investment? You might want to actually look at the real reasons for the economic miracle of 1930s Germany. You'll find it's mostly the US capitalists along with European Monarchs who were looking to get their hands on German natural resources and infrastructure and made the sort of investment deals that have become commonplace the world over after a nation has been decimated by war and crippling debt.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Trump lacks the charisma Hitler had, Trump just knows how to rile up a group of average Joe's.

- - - Updated - - -

Hitler was a better public speaker, but both put on rallies with a legion of ignorant followers. I have no problem making the comparison.
    The same could be said about Hillary Clinton's or Bernie Sander's rallies.
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.

So did Obama, Bush, Clinton, Reagan (I mean fuck, Reagan WAS Hitler wasn't he??)

Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    Or maybe the owners of Time, some of whom were already heavily invested in Germany and were the primary reason that Hitler was able to rebuild and rearm so quickly were advancing and protecting their investment? You might want to actually look at the real reasons for the economic miracle of 1930s Germany. You'll find it's mostly the US capitalists along with European Monarchs who were looking to get their hands on German natural resources and infrastructure and made the sort of investment deals that have become commonplace the world over after a nation has been decimated by war and crippling debt.
    Yeah, this guy should seriously take his own advice and read a history book.

But in regards to Trump, there's actually plenty of evidence to back up the comparison. Trump's rhetoric sounds a great deal like Hitler did when he was first gaining power. Hitler didn't start out by killing Jews, he started out by whipping his ignorant zealot followers into a frenzy every chance he got. He convinced them to put hatred and anger above all else. Both are/were demagogues, who lacked any real substance. Both were extremely self absorbed, couldn't take criticism, and demanded fealty and loyalty from their followers.

- - - Updated - - -

Go read a history book.

Reductio ad hitlerum is literally the most retarded way to prove a point in an argument. Also everything you said can be applied to Bernie as well.

I believe he was actually asking about Hitler himself.

He plays on people's hatred and ignorance. He is likely a racist, and is clearly an authoritarian, who wants to restrict the rights and freedoms of others.
    True but that's what most politicians do, it's called demagogy. I don't get this whole "Trump is a reacist/authoritarian" thing tho. At best he's a moderate in conservative clothes.
    Last edited by Luxae; 2016-06-20 at 11:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    Classic mental gymnastics.
    Read something other than the Washington Post or NYT to learn about Trump.
    Then come back to us about this "boogeyman".
    I believe he was actually asking about Hitler himself.

As for Trump, the guy is a scumbag. He's a petty, vindictive asshat. He will sue everyone, and has no problem trying to bully or insult people he disagrees with. On top of that, since he is terrible at debating, he simply resorts to constant ad hominem attacks. He's a proven liar... many times over. I'm still waiting for him to produce that evidence he supposedly found about Obama's birth certificate.

He plays on people's hatred and ignorance. He is likely a racist, and is clearly an authoritarian, who wants to restrict the rights and freedoms of others.

-snipped incessant whining-
    We get it, you have a hate-boner for Trump just like most of the people on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    I'm well aware of American interests in Germany during that time period.

As for Time's Man/Person of the Year, plenty of bad people have received the "award." Stalin won it twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxae View Post
    Reductio ad hitlerum is literally the most retarded way to prove a point in an argument. Also everything you said can be applied to Bernie as well.
    Just saying something doesn't make it true. Bernie lacks at least one crucial ingredient that, you know, made Hitler Hitler: identifying an internal threat and linking it to an external threat. This is Trumps entire platform, so the comparison to Hitler is JUST SLIGHTLY more fair than a comparison between Hitler and Bernie. Details.

I'm well aware of American interests in Germany during that time period.

As for Time's Man/Person of the Year, plenty of bad people have received the "award." Stalin won it twice.
    Are you aware why Hitler and Stalin won the Time's Man of the Year back then?
    Go read a history book.

Trump lacks the charisma Hitler had, Trump just knows how to rile up a group of average Joe's.

- - - Updated - - -

The same could be said about Hillary Clinton's or Bernie Sander's rallies.

I consider Sanders' supporters to be only slightly less ignorant than Trump supporters. Anyone who supports Hillary is likely a sexist woman, or a blind political partisan.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Luxae View Post
    Feel free to apply it to Bernie, you won't hurt my feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    Just saying something doesn't make it true. Bernie lacks at least one crucial ingredient that, you know, made Hitler Hitler: identifying an internal threat and linking it to an external threat. This is Trumps entire platform, so the comparison to Hitler is JUST SLIGHTLY more fair than a comparison between Hitler and Bernie. Details.
    The mental gymnastics are real as fuck.

We get it, you have a hate-boner for Trump just like most of the people on this forum.
    Just because you don't like what I say, doesn't make it any less valid.

I don't like Trump, and I backed up exactly why. I support freedom, something Trump is strongly against.

Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    They're both nonsensical to be honest.

Are you aware why Hitler and Stalin won the Time's Man of the Year back then?
    Go read a history book.
    I'm perfectly aware of why they won those awards. It's also why Putin and Kruschev won, ans did the Ayatollah. Of course, Yitzhak Rabin won a Nobel Peace Award, as well.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Greatly enjoying the justification of political violence in this thread. Especially after all the gnashing over that pm killed over politics.
    Anyone that thinks it's no holds barred is delusional.

Just bask in the hypocrisy and inconsistencies on both sides and move on with your day.