Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    They'll have to nerf it, people will be learning their classes again and certain classes will underperform compared to live, the same treatment we saw in SoO will happen to HFC.

Quote Originally Posted by Rue-7 View Post
    Been said but it will be indirectly nerfed from class changes anyways and will become a walk in the park.
    People are doing less damage on the ptr. Crazy trinkets got nerfed. Class changes that rely on artifacts have come in and buffs have been removed.

Think again.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Crazy trinkets got nerfed
    *hides mongoose bite class trinket behind back* yeah, trinkets are all nerfed! no need to nerf any others because they sure all got done good. *sweats*

With the last pre-patch SoO got progressively nerfed through-out the first 24 hours.

By the time we got to it in the EU, it was significantly easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    People are doing less damage on the ptr. Crazy trinkets got nerfed. Class changes that rely on artifacts have come in and buffs have been removed.

Think again.
    If the indirect changes in the pre-patch don't make it easier, which is possible, then they will outright nerf it to compensate. There's never been a pre-patch that didn't end up making current content easier one way or another so there's no reason to think HFC will be the exception.

I don't think there has ever been a pre-expansion patch where they didn't nerf the current content at the same time. They did it with MoP, Cata, WoTLK, and BC.

Quote Originally Posted by Obsession View Post
    I don't think there has ever been a pre-expansion patch where they didn't nerf the current content at the same time. They did it with MoP, Cata, WoTLK, and BC.
    The nerfbat beating that HFC will receive will be the most savage blizzard has ever delivered. DPS is DOWN in a non-itemsquish expansion transition. This has NEVER happened before. They have bluntly stated that tank class mechanics for Legion are not designed to survive WoD bosses.

I would be COMPLETELY shocked if there wasn't a nerf. I'm guessing we'll see a minimum nerf of 30%.

Quote Originally Posted by DisposableHero View Post
    The nerfbat beating that HFC will receive will be the most savage blizzard has ever delivered. DPS is DOWN in a non-itemsquish expansion transition. This has NEVER happened before. They have bluntly stated that tank class mechanics for Legion are not designed to survive WoD bosses.
    Yeah, basically if they do not nerf the bosses, we can expect a HFC progression thread redux.

On the PTR, as a DK dps, my single target DPS is much lower but my AOE dps is buffed through the roof XD (for both spec).

DK seems to be one of very few classes doing good DPS on PTR. Expect a nerf :E

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sxq View Post
    My understanding is that pretty much all dps are doing less damage on the pre patch than on live, so unless something else changes it's looking like a buff atm. Although I agree that historically pre patch means nerf. Wonder what'll happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nega View Post
    All of my mythic T18 geared toons feel significantly weaker on PTR, which makes sense seeing as they will be tuned for 110 with the artifact, first raid into pre patch will be interesting .
    I'm not sure about other classes but when the pre-patch for cata rolled out Ret paladins were nerfed due to lose of DPS from not having Inquisition till level 81, Mayhaps the missing dps is from the lack of not having an artifact weapon at lvl 100.

As of the information we have right now? No. Do I expect it to be? Yes, either in the pre-patch or in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    If the indirect changes in the pre-patch don't make it easier, which is possible, then they will outright nerf it to compensate. There's never been a pre-patch that didn't end up making current content easier one way or another so there's no reason to think HFC will be the exception.
    Except for the fact that unlike every other expansion the dev team gave up on this expansion six months ago

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    Except for the fact that unlike every other expansion the dev team gave up on this expansion a year and a half ago
    I fixed that for you. No need to thank me

10+ Year Old Account
    Except for the fact that unlike every other expansion the dev team gave up on this expansion six months ago
    Your insight is very amazing and original. Please continue to share it.

Feel free to offer any evidence to the contrary instead of some half baked attempt at sarcasm anytime.

Feel free to offer any evidence to the contrary instead of some half baked attempt at sarcasm anytime.
    I'm not sure theres really an appropriate response to the level of stupid you're showing to be honest.

Hope that wasn't too half baked for you.

Deleted
    Well it gona be nerfed for sure the question is how much
    My toon lose like 30% of his power some are even more bad
    Warriors for example can only dream for these 1-2 mln executes

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    Likely not but not out of the question. Everything this expansion has done in terms of buffing the character nerfed it indirectly
    Pre-patch will last until Legion so 1 - 2 months
    Pre-patch is a prologue for the next expansion to introduce the next story which always sees a boost in player numbers
    Pre-patch usually comes with the new talent tree and balance update which can go either way for character buffs or nerfs
    Very nice & concise summation!

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"